UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Happy birthday Archie

Monsoon season has hit here with a vengeance , local river is about to burst it's banks but its 300 meters from here ( down hill ) so I am not too worried yet !

Its bloody monsoon season here but without the warmth. There is snow on some mountains apparently

Archie has just come back from his walk with the DW. She picked him up at 11.20. That's almost 5 and a half hours! They did spend time sitting by a beck so the dogs could frolic in the water. Its been a lovely, warm and sunny afternoon and the DW just decided to make the best of it.

• Like 2

Its bloody monsoon season here but without the warmth. There is snow on some mountains apparently

snow is something we don't have to worry about , we do have a Cyclone http://www.dnaindia.com/world/1834531/report-7-killed-as-cyclone-mahasen-hits-sri-lanka

of course being Sri Lanka there is more arguments over its name than concern that 7 people have been killed by it !

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel
  • Like 1

Warm and sunny?! It's cold, dark and pouring with rain here. Your dog walker might not have wanted to be out so long in the rain. Nor Archie!

Thank you for your birthday wishes for Rosie. I met a man walking his dog this morning, who pointed at Rosie and Fern, said "they're a bit old aren't they love?" laughed nastily and walked off. So not everyone appreciates gently greying dogs!

What is wrong with a dog being old? I love older dogs. Rosie is beautiful.

Cold and nasty here but has stayed dry. Very chill wind. It will be nice going to mum's warm dry house for the night. I thought it would be a slog driving 15 miles there every evening around 9 but it's so snug when we get there. We are doing the slowest house move ever, taking a few things every time we go. We are doing boxes of books first.

My sister and I had a big clear out of mum's clothes. She has been a major clothes hoarder. Sister thought it might not be appropriate to give them to charity shop, friends and neighbours etc, while mum is still with us. So we agreed they could go up the attic, as I need space for my clothes. Then when we had packed them up we had 9 huge storage bags full. And then the loft ladder jammed when we tried to get it down hehe, and when I said let's forget it and give them to charity she agreed rather than do battle with a jammed ladder. I called the local hospice shop which was her fave charity and they are collecting tomorrow. Mum won't go short, she still has a built in wardrobe and a big chest of drawers jammed full of all the clothes she could ever need.

Edited by owl
  • Like 1

goodness Karen, what a complete Nob that bloke was..... does he not realize he will get old one day? perhaps he will be the one getting pointed at and laughed at, i would have probably thrown back "at least they weren't born ugly and stupid" not very grown up on my part and probably not the right thing to do but people like him really bug me!

Wow Archie...... does he have any legs left? i used to play in a place Hen Beck up in cleator... loved it and lovely clean water.

Owl, it is surprising how much stuff ladies can accumulate, i am sure the hospice shop will be very appreciative

Oooooo HLGS stay safe, i don't like high winds at all

just got soaked to the skin, laney wanted a walk...little did he realize it was raining (he doesn't do wet) and we got half way and you would have sworn by the look on his face that i had beaten him with a big stick.... he really is a baby when it comes to water Lol, i did give in and cut the walk short, he is now sulking