UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Well lets hope there's something more positive coming from this next round Alicia :flowers:

Our DW's partner is walking Archie today and left me with a packet of organic sun-dried tomato, spinch and herb biscuits and a tub of hand made carrot and parsely bics for The Archibald for his burpday. How nice of them both. I haven't even mentioned it was the boy's birthday so they must have remembered from a conversation waaay back. I sent Ian off with a box of Tuna burpday bics from Archie's Barkalot Bakery which was all posh because I made and printed some labels for the boxes :laughingsmiley: The labels have this on them too

521452_447136828695860_426844590_n.jpg

• Like 2

Lol what a fab label Yantan.

Happy Birthday Archie!!!!

Sanrosscot that dog is just too cute

Sam, hope you don't get washed away

Jazz, hope you get on ok and this get some results

Suzeanna, our doctors recepionists can be very picky..... if i call for my dads blood results they won't discuss it, my Dr talks to my mum about me (saves me a job!) and today my mum was checking my vaccination records for me at the practice and they could tell her what i had and hadn't had and told her to get me to ring for an appointment so tomorrow i may be a pin cushion Lol

just ran into a lad i know, he has had a dog dumped on him.... he has learning difficulties so just given him a sack and a half of dog food, some pet remedy spray with a bandana and instructions to call the dog warden or hand the dog into the vets, he can't take the dog on as he can't afford it... he lives in a flat and the dog is barking and crying and his cat hates it.... he is a cracking little dog too, so gentle and good with dogs and cats... he could really do with an OAP to call his own

Griff that was kind of you to give food and stuff to that lad. I hope he is able to sort things out for the dog. If the dog needs vet attention doesn't the PDSA do free clinics for people on low or no incomes? Is there one near you?

I've just had a phone call from my brother. There is a Canadian chap in town trying to track us both down. We know this person of old and he's a complete and utter knob. He's left a card at my brothers house saying he has called several times but there's never anyone home and will my bro please phone a particular number so they can get together - and he'd like to meet me again.

He is the single most boring person in the entire world. His conversation revolves totally about people we don't know, his kids (who will all be grown up by now) and how awesome he is. He is so thick skinned he has no idea when he is being brushed off. I've told my bro that if he turns up again that he'll have to be rude to this guy by saying "sorry not interested" and shut the door. And even then he may not get it :rolleyes: :banghead:

My brother has always teased me for being ex-directory. Now seeing the wisdom of having an ex-directory number so your address is not displayed either.

• Like 1

Lol, Yantan, tell your bro that if he passes on your details he will pay dearly!!!!! the PDSA do free treatment but he can't even afford to feed the dog, they won't pay for flea treatment or wormers so the dog would really be better off somewhere else, i felt really bad not being able to help more but Laney went nuts and i don't think diez would be happy, let alone the cat! the thing that really winds me up is he said he offered to look after him for a couple of days and now the woman has said she has moved to a bedsit and can't have the dog back (not sure if that is true)... i was fussing him and looked at the fur by his tail and i could see little bits of black grit type stuff which i guess would be flea dirt? came home and de-flead my rabble just in case!

Yes, that's flea dirt right enough. Poor little chap. I hope somewhere can be found for him.

Yantan, maybe pass on a message via your brother to say you are very frail these days and cannot cope with this man's total awesomeness, it might be too much for you. Or ask your bro to tell him you have gone travelling in Canada and he would have to go back there to find you.

Happy Birthday Archie xx

• Like 2

Moaning :tired:

WFHing today so don't need to rush to get ready. Do have a shedload of stuff I need to do though.

RMF : I am hormonally grumpy so don't be surprised if there's a lot of rantage later.

Edited by merledogs

mmmm what breed is the dog? do you want a rescue to take it?

lady came, very nice. shes the tenant liason officer. shes going to put me in the 'special book' and when a property comes in that might suit, she will ring me. but was honest, which the others havent been, and says it could be month before something comes up. but ive got the 6 month buffer

oh yes, shes going away for 3 weeks ....

Jazz, i hope a property comes up soon and funny how the mention of suicide can get you popped into a special book!! with the dog i am not sure what he wants to do.... the dog is a wire haired jack russell about 8 years old, i am hoping that he will have taken my advice and told the owner there is a 3pm deadline for the woman to get the dog or he will be surrendered to the DW as a stray. if i see him i will ask if he wants me to try and find a rescue, i think the dog may have a couple of issues.. he said he was crying barking when left and pee'd in the house, i have said both things could be the fact he has been taken from his home with another dog and dumped with a stranger and as he settles the problem should resolve... no idea if thats right or not Lol. he honestly is a super little chap.... and i don't really do small dogs!

Merledogs... you come and have your rant

can everyone keep their fingers crossed i don't need any immunisations doing.... i really can't be faffed! this looking after your health business is a flippin minefield Lol

happy birthday rosie

i didn't need any jabs!!!! i haven't had measles as it wasn't around when i was younger and i wouldn't be allowed it anyway as it is a live vaccine so i can't risk it. had a laugh with the nurse and we have both come to the conclusion that sprouts are little balls of evil Lol

Did Archie enjoy his birthday treat or is he still waiting for steak?

He thoroughly enjoyed TWO salmon steaks Murtle. He loves salmon. I also cooked a couple of tuna steaks for him for his breakfast this morning but he's turned his nose up at them!