UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

That's lovely of your brother Jayne. They do come in useful at times don't they. My favourite bro, the one I am close too, is going to paint the outside of the house for me this year. That saves us a 4 or 5 hundred quid :)

Alex I agree with you about the birdies. We seem to have the same variety of visiting birds too!

If you haven't already seen this on Facebook take a ganders. It's worth watching through to the end as, in my opinion, it gets betterer and betterer. I hope this link works!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151607240553606

• Like 1

She has you on a string!

She behaves like that because you allow her to.

I would not let her control the situation.

When she first refused a treat I would put it away without saying anything. If she doesn't take it she doesn't get it.

Similarly, if she takes it and puts it down I would lift it up and put it away.

I agree with you, and obviously I do now remove the treat and she doesn't get it, however, in the beginning the last thing I wanted or needed was for there to be any jealousy issues or friction between her and Nog, we had one episode some years ago now when she attacked Nog, drew blood and left a big scar on him so I am always watchful to ensure that she doesn't feel she needs to try and push him out of the way or snatch food or toys off him (thats what caused the problem when she went for him). Similarly I want to avoid Nog feeling jealous or pushed out just because she's here now. Remember this was only supposed to have been "temporary" she was initially supposed to be here for 2 weeks - its so far now been 5 months! In all that time we have not had one single instance of jealousy or conflict between the dogs which is great and she doesn't try to bully Nog out of the way for food, treats or affection etc.

I used that example to illustrate why I don't think foody treats would work for the barking thing.

I agree with you, and obviously I do now remove the treat and she doesn't get it, however, in the beginning the last thing I wanted or needed was for there to be any jealousy issues or friction between her and Nog, we had one episode some years ago now when she attacked Nog, drew blood and left a big scar on him so I am always watchful to ensure that she doesn't feel she needs to try and push him out of the way or snatch food or toys off him (thats what caused the problem when she went for him). Similarly I want to avoid Nog feeling jealous or pushed out just because she's here now. Remember this was only supposed to have been "temporary" she was initially supposed to be here for 2 weeks - its so far now been 5 months! In all that time we have not had one single instance of jealousy or conflict between the dogs which is great and she doesn't try to bully Nog out of the way for food, treats or affection etc.

I used that example to illustrate why I don't think foody treats would work for the barking thing.

What would work? A special toy or a cuddle or a game?

Could your MIL cope with SAl if she had a dog walker every day?

Dance done, award received time for a cuppa and then Pilates!!

Dance was amusing as we didn't really all fit on the stage! At one point my friend started doing a totally different dance, oops. We just giggled, the true professionals that we are. (Oh yeah we aren't!)

xxx

• Like 1

Uuuuurrrgggghhhhh. There is someone who helps out a dog rescue and I can't stand her, her antics are getting right on my thrupennies today. I support the rescue in question but I have to stay well away from anything they do if I know she is going to be in attendance. I rather think the feeling is mutual :laugh:

I'm afraid I am to honest for my own good and if I don't like someone I cannot pretend otherwise. If it wasn't for a very good friend being involved in this rescue and of course the dogs I'd never go near.

I wonder how many other rescues have people helping them who put other people off? :huh:

• Like 2

Might have found my parents a new dog! Mum decided it has been long enough without as Dad has just got a new boat and she will be on her own more again that she wants a new dog.

The girl I rescued Luna from has just posted a little pug cross, approx 1 year old quiet stray who sounds very nice. Fingers crossed it works but I might be travelling half way to meet them with a new member of the family. Handily I have the week off as Luna is being spayed tomorrow.

• Like 1