UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Our surgery has an open morning session - which in one way is good as it does mean you can probably get to see a Dr the same day you want to so long as you don't mind which Dr you see and having to wait, but the waiting time can be hours, Robs needed to see the Dr 3 times over the past couple of months (and for Rob to go to a Dr at all is quite unusual) each time he's had to pretty much lose a mornings work by the time he's waited for the Dr and then waited in the pharmacy for the prescription to be filled. Yesterday he asked me to ring and see if I could get him one of the evening appointments - again he didn't care which Dr just first available after work appointment .... they offered him 4th June! So this morning he decided he would be first in knowing the surgery opened at 8am he got there at 7:25 and there was already a man in front of him in the queue! :huh:

What was interesting though is how things have changed Rob has a rash on his arms, a persistent and worsening one, they think its dermatitis of some kind rather than an allergic reaction but its not responded to the meds or lotions and potions - in fact its getting worse. So the Dr decided that t now needs to be seen by a dermatologist at the hospital but instead of sending Rob to the hospital they stuck a barcode on him :ohno02: and took photos of the rash and sent them! Never known that before part of me thinks wow thats brill and much cheaper for the nhs and part of me thinks hmmm but what if they lose the photos? we could end up waiting ages for results that are never coming.

Oh gawd my pms clumsiness is reallllllly bad this month I have just attempted to take a swig from my can of coke - missed my mouth completely and tipped ice cold coke all down me, so I heaved a sigh, wiped myself off, picked up the can to take another one, and promptly did exactly the same thing all over again. *sigh*

Oh dear Snow...you are as bad as me! I was admiring the blossom on our cherry tree and gave a branch a shake to get the rain water off...whilst standing under it. :confused: Good thing I plan to wash my hair later anyway!

Hopefully..all things crossed...we are going down to my son tomorrow, the visit postponed from two weeks ago. Of course sod's law says they are giving heavy rain for our area on Saturday, whilst we will be travelling in it, and better on Sunday and the reverse for the south, so looks as if we'll be going both ways in pouring rain. If that's the case, my poor OH is going to have to do all the driving as the one thing that scares me about motorway driving is driving in heavy rain, with the reduced visibility.

Alex :GroupHug:

Snow I would have paid good money to see that :laugh: :laugh: Re: Rob's rash: That's an interesting way of getting a diagnosis. The dermatologist will be able to get through a lot more work that way. I have psoriasis - guttate psoriasis to be exact - and it appeared at first like a red rash. I hope its not that but if it is as long as you look after it and keep on top of it it's liveable with. It may just be that Rob has got an allergy to something and it will clear up. Fingers crossed and positive thoughts being sent for him.

Suzeanna I hope your trip is dry and non-eventful tomorrow :flowers:

I don't think it's psoriasis - well not from looking at googled photos it's not, this is more like a sweat rash, its under his armpits he had some pills and steroid cream in the beginning and it seemed to be going but then it decided to flare up again, worse, so they gave him stronger pills for longer and stronger steroids, and that only seems to have pissed it off lol as its now far far worse than it ever was and yesterday he noticed some teeny weeny raised bumps around the edges which are not only very itchy but incredibly painful, its now spreading down the underside of both arms and I've now noticed those bumps appearing on his biceps and across his chest. If it were an allergy I'm at a loss as to whats causing it, we'd changed nothing in terms of ashing powders, deodorants etc. but to try and see if it was that we've since changed all of them to hyper allergenic ones, he's tried going from aerosols to rollons to none at all - nothing has made the slightest difference. He's asked about candida but apparently if it was that then the pills he had should have cleared it up. He also asked if it might be something he's caught off one of his clients but was told if this was a contact thing then it'd be far more likely to be on his hands as well, plus we can't really envisage any circumstance where he'd have touched a client then stuck his hands under his armpits lol I worried it might have been him coming into contact with me as I'd had that eczema thing on my nipple but that was over a year ago now and all gone with no recurrence after the biopsy.

When I was in hospital because of my psoriasis I saw all sorts of other skin problems on other patients. I had no idea there were so many! I am sure that the dermatologist will be able to tell Rob what it is and prescribe a treatment regime. GP's are jacks of all trades, masters of none.

Owl, hope you can convince your mum to stay put if they have a space for her.

Poor Rob, i know it sounds daft Snow but would there be anything on the embarrassing bodies website? they have loads of people going on their with skin complaints..... if Rob felt really brave he could apply for the live clinic and they might get him to a dermatologist sharpish. my mum is another psoriasis sufferer, she was 90 hands covered (basically all of her body) they have her on some injections now which are actually meant for diabetes but for some bizarre reason it helps psoriasis, it costs £700 per injection!!!

Right, the number called again... i recognized the number instantly so picked the phone up.... today it was a lad called Nathan and apparently i spoke to him 4 months ago and asked him to call me back... today he was a will writing service, i again explained i was on TPS and not to call but he just kept saying i asked him to call me... i didn't my dad certainly wouldn't and neither had my mum, i wonder who/what he will be tomorrow Lol.

Merledogs, thanks for the tip about the answerphone, i have caller display but the phone ringing all the time annoys me!

Suzeanna, have a safe trip and a lovely time with your son

Sorry for delay Mary have sent you an email now had a bit fo delay in final decisions :rolleyes:

So sorry Houndwoman :(

Snow i have tear drop psoriasis its flipping annoying and nothing topical really seems to work. I was first misdiagnosed with a fungal infection before they confirmed it as psoriasis. I did have light treatment a few years ago and that did help. Im hoping going abroad in September will help with my placs. Apparently Dermatology is one of the busiest hospital departments and it can take an age to get a hospital appointment.

Couple of random Louie pics as apparently i havent posted anything for a while.

Showing off his new tag

935201_10152781544700507_1795670465_n.jp

Fun at the beach

527019_10152698514655507_255218760_n.jpg

Louie Framed625679_10152569650565507_381022733_n.jpg

Edited by lil_angel
  • Like 3

Snow, my OH suffers from eczema and his skin is very touchy..he's prone to folliculitis, which is little raised bumps which itch and then get sore, have a look at Google images and see if it looks like that? edit to add: Just looked at the images myself...eeek ! thank heavens my OH never gets it as badly as some of those poor souls, his tends to be an area of a few inches, usually on his thighs.

Edited by suzeanna

I am taking Archie to my aunties to see her rescue boy, Josh, the BC. He is now at normal weight and his life has been transformed. Fingers crossed that they get on OK. They were fine last time they met but Josh can be a bit of twit around other dogs never having met any before he was rescued from his previous horrible life so I am hoping he remembers meeting Archie means a fun companion to play with in the garden.

• Like 1

Archie and Joss (NOT Josh, I was in a hurry as you might be able to tell from the lack of punctuation!) had a lovely time in my auntie's gorgeous big garden. It was Archie who was the pain - he did a little bit of grrr'ing in the house as he was guarding me but Joss backed off and they were soon charging around like a pair of loons in and out of the house, round and round the garden, back in the house, back out to the garden. Joss has such a pretty face, he really ought to have been a girl. My auntie was saying everyone she meets takes him for a girl. I never thought to take a camera :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Awww Louie, that photo frame is a fab idea!

Glad Archie and Joss had a nice time... i love seeing dogs having a great time

i am going cross eyed looking at rescue sites, my dad is adamant he wants another pup..... s*ds law there are none up for rehoming, there was a little pup on homeless hounds but i didn't apply for him as i suspected they would be inundated with offers and my dad didn't say to deffo apply... he asked what had happened to him and didn't i apply?? i think he thought it would be as easy as when we got laney as we were only looking for a few days last time. the local dog warden has our details in case they get anything in but i am being really strict this time i can't risk a cross again after laney grew so big Lol, i did see a lovely little girl earleir in the year but i dithered and she got rehomed. every time i am not looking there are lots of pups needing homes and then when our search begins nothing is about Lol, i am sure one will eventually find it's way to us