UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

I woke up this morning thinking about poor Lucy and Sheila :mecry:

Suzeanna yes there does seem to be more and more deliberate poisonings. Who ever caused little Lucy's death seems to have been after wildlife as Owl mentioned. What is it with some of the human race? :sad02:

On a little brighter note Archie has been manning his passport control for the last 45 minutes making sure that everyone - and everything which would include other dogs, cats, people, birds including his arch enemies those pesky pigeons - all have their paperwork showing the necessary permissions to be on his street. Although people can circumnavigate his strict border control by telling him what a good boy he is and how handsome he looks and tickling his chin. They are allowed to go on their way without a tongue lashing. He's not as soft with other dogs, cats or birds and has just been ordered by his superior officer (that would be me) to stand down and take a chill out break :rolleyes_anim:

Just caught Owl's post - thank you for doing that :flowers:

oh my goodness, how absolutely awful, Run Free Lucy... i agree Yantan, i just can't believe how evil humans can be

pigeon is still alive so my dad will take him to the wildlife sanctuary.... hopefully!

Gooster, hope you get to see some planes soon

Sorry to hear of the poor doglet. What is wrong with people. :-(

Yantan, please write Archie's diary and get it published, he has a much more exciting life than me and has me laughing at his updates!

I am sitting at work looking at the sun!! Apparently it is meant to rain later...

xxx

awwww jazz, sorry to hear about Pedro but a very good age, also sorry to hear about your sons car

Lol, Archie has a very hectic social life!!!!! i am sure none of the other mums won't mind him washing their little ones hair..... if i had Kids then they would be very involved with the dogs and allowed to get dirty too... too many clean freaks about nowadays and over protective parents, i love nothing more than seeing animals and children together (supervised obviously)

Pigeon went off to the wildlife rescue, dad gave the fella £20 towards costs.. apparently he is only a young bird and the chap reckons he will be ok to go in a few weeks, dad offered to drive all the way back over and fetch him and put him back where he came from but the fella reckons he will do fine being released over there.

we have beautiful sunshine and it is warm enough just to wear a t-shirt... no doubt it will be chucking down in a bit

• Like 2

he is a right softie when it comes to animals, never bats an eyelid whatever i turn up with, my mum's the same too. they had a brand new leather 3 piece suite... 2 days old, they went on holiday and got a random call off me about how best to capture an injured buzzard, got it home and popped it in a stacka box with a towel over it... took the towel off to check on it and it flew out, perched on the back of their brand new sofa and tried to fly and scratched all down the back of it, neither of them cared just happy the buzzard was going to be o.k Lol. i swear i could walk in with a horse in tow and neither would bother

• Like 1

bl**dy cold callers!!! been having calls off a number for weeks now, usually they give up and stop, this one wouldn't, so today i answered, wanting my dad, not here can i help? are you his wife? me..(lie) yes,man... oh i spoke to your husband 2 weeks ago and arranged a call back... now my dad doesn't use the phone ever...never ever answers it not even to family so knew it was a lie, i said well you couldn't have spoken to him as he hasn't been here for a month..... the man said i definitely talked to him about a call back must have been over a month ago.... am i right in thinking you own your own home? i just told him we were on TPS and not interested at which point he slammed the phone down, what a pain in the bum... this is the number that has had me nearly break my neck on 4 ocassions to get to the phone

Griff make a complaint through the TPS https://complaints.tpsonline.org.uk/Consumer/Default.aspx

I complained about one particular company that called me a lot and after the TPS intervened I've heard nothing more from them.

You can also try Googling the number that called you and see what comes up. You usually find a few other like minded individuals complaining about the same number and often links to other ways to make a complaint.

Archie is still out. Those scones must be good - either that or he has a lot of babies' hair to wash.

How annoying Griff, if you get cold callers start asking or all their details. Company name, company address, their name, the company phone numbers etc obviously just to confirm it is the right company. Then advise them that you will be reporting them.

Ben does this with persistent cold callers. They aren't usually very happy but they shouldn't ring on a phone we have for sky and broadband!!

xxx