UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Alliteration

merledogs

Good news about James, he must be very happy to have some mobility back, and pleased for you that you have broadband. I'm less pleased with Orange mobile, what is it with their website? It said my password was wrong...then when I tried to change it, said no you can't use the same password as your original one...the one they said was wrong! Agh!

Owl, why is it with many hospitals that the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing? Your poor mum must be very puzzled as to why she isn't allowed to do what she could before.

Alex, why is it that someone who is obviously so capable, is so uncertain of their own abilities? You have to develop as much belief in yourself as others have in you.

Hope things get sorted quickly Jazz, this seems to be getting sillier by the moment.

Sorry if I've missed anyone!

My OH bought me an early birthday present last Saturday, a replacement for the engagement ring I can no longer wear due my arthritic knuckles making it too small.

http://www.warrenjames.co.uk/jewellery/gold-rings/9ct-yellow-gold-cz-cross-over-ring-LDSR443

• Like 1

Thanks all. It went fine so phew. He said to keep working on my confidence lol.

I think thats very good advice , clearly you are a amazingly capable employee and a asset to any company you work for but you don't believe in your self the way others do and you seem to make yourself very stressed over things you can do ( brilliantly )

Every single time you think you are going to fail or do badly you succeed , I think you have a lot to be confident about :)

I am in Melbourne getting some closure on a few things , when I was here 2 years ago I was offered a full time job but it would have meant doing the dirty on someone so I didn't take it , only to discover the person then did the dirty on me anyway ( I really really wanted the job as well so double hard blow to take )

Its taken me a long time ( and a year unemployment ) to finally come to terms with it and its good to be back and enjoying the city again

as a result of the above Mark and I made the decision to volunteer full time for Dogstar , we are never going to be rich but we are at least going to be together and happy and thats worth more even than a fab job here !!!!

• Like 1

Love the ring, suzeanna.

Very complicated thing to deal with, Sam, and I am sure Yantan is right about the long term effect.

Have had a call from a nice sensible lady on social care team, who has assured me that mum is now out of bed and walking, and has taken on board my suggestion that she comes home with same daytime care as before plus me doing sleepovers. This is likely to be sorted quite soon.

• Like 1

love the ring Suzeanna

Have a lovely holiday HLGS and agree with the others that at least your conscience is clear

Owl, glad your mum is up and about

sorry i'm not keeping up so well, i was really ill yesterday... had projectile vomiting, i felt really bad as my dad had redecorated the bathroom and i made a heck of a mess, i am seeing the doctor next week so will have a word with her then

hope you feel better soon

good job I rung the council about the stairlift, he got the man to ring me, who said they are coming tomorrow

at what point was you going to tell me?

we have and have booked it in he says

well you didnt talk to me!

ffs!

anyway (breathe) they are coming tomorrow morning

we shall see ....

Owl, glad an appointment is sorted. Remember James who had the motorbike accident? It was a couple of weeks after discharge before he got a physio appointment - they were short staffed. James has just been told he can begin to weight bear on the smashed leg and his arm has recovered enough to use crutches. He was ecstatic about having his first proper shower the other day as he has no cast or dressings & he could get upstairs on his bum.

Great news!

Alex, why is it that someone who is obviously so capable, is so uncertain of their own abilities? You have to develop as much belief in yourself as others have in you.

I know and thank you :flowers:

I think thats very good advice , clearly you are a amazingly capable employee and a asset to any company you work for but you don't believe in your self the way others do and you seem to make yourself very stressed over things you can do ( brilliantly )

Every single time you think you are going to fail or do badly you succeed , I think you have a lot to be confident about :)

I am in Melbourne getting some closure on a few things , when I was here 2 years ago I was offered a full time job but it would have meant doing the dirty on someone so I didn't take it , only to discover the person then did the dirty on me anyway ( I really really wanted the job as well so double hard blow to take )

Its taken me a long time ( and a year unemployment ) to finally come to terms with it and its good to be back and enjoying the city again

as a result of the above Mark and I made the decision to volunteer full time for Dogstar , we are never going to be rich but we are at least going to be together and happy and thats worth more even than a fab job here !!!!

Thank you sam :flowers: Shame about the person who stitched you up but karma has a way of biting people on the arse and as long as you and your family are happy, then stuff 'em.

I have a question for the esteemed gardener of this forum - yes Alex/Merledogs I mean you ;)

At WagTails house we have a decked area with pergola over with hooks for baskets as well as several brackets on the fences for baskets. Baskets & pots were the main colour in the garden for previous owners. Obviously being a holiday home we simply can't have a high maintenance garden so lots of pots will be a no no. Can you recommend anything for baskets that would cope with minimal watering, no dead-heading etc? I could only think of ivy but hubbie hates ivy as he is forever pulling it up in the garden at home. Ideally I want something inexpensive in case it dies!

Phebe - glad that you have someone on side for your mum. It makes so much difference. Make sure you get plenty of help!

Whizzie, I'm not the plant person, but I have seen that Aldi or Lidl are doing self-watering hanging baskets. Would something like that, with presumably a reservoir of water, help the plants hang on for a bit longer?

HLGS and Mark, hope that you are enjoying your holiday!

Griff, hope that you are feeling better.

I'm not an expert on hanging basket type stuff, having only grown Fuchsias in them so far, but everything in a planter needs regular watering, especially hanging baskets which can require watering every day if it doesn't rain. You could get the self watering ones (which still rely on some water obviously) and you could also mix some gel crystals into the compost which will retain water. I find that even in rainy Manchester, unless we've had a good downpour, then I still have to water my plants. If you aren't going to be down there very much though the plants will probably die unless someone waters them regularly. Can you can leave a note for the guests to ask them to water the baskets?

I will ask on my gardening forum to see if anyone can come up with some suggestions :flowers:

You'd be better off getting some nice climbers for the pergola which could go in the ground and require much less looking after, but even they may require regular watering for the first summer (roots should be deep enough by the second year to draw more moisture out of the soil).

Edited by merledogs

The pergola has a couple of climbers in large pots left by previous owners. They are not doing much as yet.

Maybe I'd be better looking at artificial box or conifer balls. It looks a bit bare with nothing but I am not sure guests would want garden maintenance duties.

Moaning :tired:

In the office today, on leave tomorrow and going back to my old place of work tomorrow for a meeting (they are now one of the suppliers I manage). It will be good to see some old faces and also a bit weird to be going back there as a customer.