UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Alliteration

merledogs

Sam, very well said and thankyou for the offer of tea bags!!!

Jazz, hope the head of housing can kick some bums and get things moving and sorry to hear technology is letting you down

Gooster, like sam i have never met you but wouldn't like you to get hurt, i still remember the feeling of finding out one of my exes had been seeing somebody behind my back and that was 13 years ago! as for the who asks who out...... well we live in a world of equal opportunities, i have asked people out and been asked out, never made a jot of difference to me although it is lovely to be asked life is just too short to wait around, i think any fella should be chuffed if you were to ask him out as you come across as a lovely person

the sun just showed itself, i hope it lasts as i have applied fake tan so i can put shorts on... can't go scaring the public with my pasty white pins Lol

Archie's original name whilst he was in rescue was Onyx. I've been calling him that this morning and he's not impressed. He says if he could have chosen his own name it would have been Atticus Dumbledore Chicken Bone Bonetti. I don't where he gets his ideas from, I really don't. It's not like he lives with any one strange now is it?? :worried:

• Like 2

No of course not Marion :rolleyes:

I can't get these dogs out of my mind at a rescue in Serbia so had to make a donation to help feed them. 400 dogs following you around all day :ohmy: I have enough with tripping over three of them! The man is a flippin' saint!

I have had my hair cut, taken delivery of a Laura Ashley unit and been to Costco to buy (yet more) planters :rolleyes:

I am awaiting a delivery from zooplus of new dog/cat beds and from pet supermarket of dog food.

Edited by merledogs

Not too busy then Merledogs??? i had a parcel come today for my dad, came via interlink who texted me this morning and emailed me to say that my parcel would be with me between 11.57 and 12.57 and it arrived at 12.55.... fabulous!!! no having to hang around waiting for the courier

Yantan..... i think you are absolutely nuts Lol

Archie's original name whilst he was in rescue was Onyx. I've been calling him that this morning and he's not impressed. He says if he could have chosen his own name it would have been Atticus Dumbledore Chicken Bone Bonetti. I don't where he gets his ideas from, I really don't. It's not like he lives with any one strange now is it?? :worried:

Atticus is a fine name indeed , Please thank Archie as that actually has given me an idea to have a "To kill a mockingbird" naming theme for Dogstar , Atticus , Scout , Jem , Dill and of course Boo :)

Not too busy then Merledogs??? i had a parcel come today for my dad, came via interlink who texted me this morning and emailed me to say that my parcel would be with me between 11.57 and 12.57 and it arrived at 12.55.... fabulous!!! no having to hang around waiting for the courier

Yantan..... i think you are absolutely nuts Lol

I had a text and an email from pet supermarket to say which date DPD would be delivering my parcel and if I wanted to change the date it gave a link to click on, so I changed it until today (you could also text back to select which date you wanted it delivered). Then I had a text this morning to inform me that DPD would be here between 13:48 and 14:48. Obviously they haven't arrived yet but I am very impressed by this new service :)

Laura Ashley gave me a three hour window between 10 and 1 pm and came at 11.20.

Parcelforce are still in the dark ages and their tracking just says my parcel has been loaded onto the van for delivery, but no timescales.

Edited by merledogs

I found all those new courier delivery text things so helpful compared to Parcel Force , its great to be able to amend via text and if the driver gets delayed they even update you :)

Snow , not sure if its the same as the Rugby League you watch but tonight ( its 22.38 here ) Mark and I went to Aami Park to watch the annual Anzac day Rugby League match between Melbourne Storm and New Zealand Warriors

What a fantastic spectator sport it was , very exciting and rather special as they held an Anzac day service at the beginning and as a New Zealand team where there they had some Maori chaps ( wearing not a lot ) doing the Haka

oooh and Melbourne won :)

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/melbourne-storm-thunders-home-over-warriors-in-anzac-day-nail-biter/story-e6frfkp9-1226629587999

I would love to see some hunky Maori chaps doing the Hakka :wub:

Parcelforce have been. Just DPD to wait for now. Taffy likes his new bed but none of the others have shown an interest so far :rolleyes: Kinky is not impressed and Mia is kind of sitting in hers getting used to it.

Edited by merledogs

Aww guys, you are all so lovely :flowers: I just get so down, as I am 28 now, and no guy has ever asked me out - the only brief relationship I have had only happened because I asked him out :( I just wonder what is wrong with me that stops guys from wanting to ask me out. Last time I went speed dating, the only guy who ticked me was a weird French waiter - am going to guess he ticked everyone :laugh:

I feel like I have so much more self confidence now I am thinner and fitter, but still guys don't ask me out (apart from Mr G).

I think its less to do with your weight ( and confidence about weight ) than you think , most guys are not as bothered about these things as we girls think they are . I think you need to meet more people first with similar interests to you and if you like someone there is no shame in asking them out at all.

volunteering for a charity is a cliche but it works with meeting new people

I am not looking for a relationship but this is my example , at Christmas you may remember I decided to volunteer for Crisis at the homeless shelter , not to get anything for me or Dogstar but just to do it because I wanted to do something positive for others at Christmas ( and because I benefit from others volunteering and thought it apt to pay it forward at christmas )

What actually happened was I met a lot of like minded folk and one lady is now volunteering for Dogstar next month , another writes a local paper column in London and has mentioned us twice plus she invited Dogstar to a event where we raised money . So by meeting these people Dogstar has benefited and I now have 2 new friends who I would never have met otherwise , also the experience of being someone else's volunteer helped me refine my volunteer program and lastly the people I meet who the charity were supporting made a big impact on me and helped me get my head straight about whats important in my life.

So by just putting myself out there , donating my time and petrol money and not expecting anything I got heaps and heaps back

There is nothing wrong with you honestly :) , for the next 3 months try and meet more people and try to stop thinking about meeting a potential partner ( hard I know ) and see where that takes you

bl**dy nuisance calls!!!!!! the sun was out so i was in the garden making the most of the dry warm weather, the phone goes just out of range on the deck, the phone rang, i drag myself all the way back to the house...by which time the phone had stopped, didn't know the number and no message so googled it.... ppi! sat in the house for a bit and went to put the parasols down and i swear i just got to the deck and the phone went again.... got back in phone had stopped and again no message so googled the number.... claim for an accident i have had in the last 2 years... what can i sue myself??? i am on the flippin TPS as well for as much good it does...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Atticus is a fine name indeed , Please thank Archie as that actually has given me an idea to have a "To kill a mockingbird" naming theme for Dogstar , Atticus , Scout , Jem , Dill and of course Boo :)

I love To Kill a Mockingbird its my fav book. Even analyzing it to death in school didnt put me off it and I have it on dvd as well :biggrin:

Jayne Im 31 next week (eek) and Ive been single for nearly 6 years - Im reminded by every birthday Louie has :rolleyes: I go through phases of feelinf down and awkward esp when friends are being couply but then I think about I dont have to deal with the arguments and have the freedom to do things I want on spur of moment without it effecting anyone. Im am horribly lacking in confidence and I really admire what you've done with your job and getting out there holidaying on your own etc. I stay in my rut as its safe even if I hate being in it.

I've read this to him and he's very pleased :)

He only read To Kill A Mockingbird because he thought it was going to give him clues as to how to rid his garden of the pesky pigeons, doves and crows that sit and cruelly mock him but he liked Mr Finch's first name so he's adopted it. He's reading White Fang now so the next thing will be he'll be asking me to take him dog fighting in the Yukon.

Alex I have given a small donation via the link you posted :)

• Like 1