UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Been having rather a bad week so not read back..hugs to any who need good thoughts, and hurray! for anyone with good news.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it so wrong that the guy on BBC Breakfast reporting from Cheltenham said how dreadfully sad it was yesterday that two jockeys were injured, and then almost as an afterthought mentioned that a horse fell at the last fence in one race and had to be destroyed? The jockeys were there from choice, they know the risks ....horses have no say in the matter.

• Like 2

Lol, that piccie is fab yantan.... good that the post office found you in the end..... can't find us with my brothers mothers day card with money inside!!!

Suzeanna, it is not just you that feels that way, i don't like horse racing, haven't since i was tiny... i could have only been 6 when i had an all out row with my grandad over it.

could somebody turn the rain off please....... just for an hour, thats all i need!

the rain did get turned off!!!!! i am now happy, well another hour of bright weather would be good for tomorrow afternoon.

my neighbour caught me this afternoon, i gave her daughter a reference for working at a small animal rescue and she has an interview on tuesday, she has been desperate for a pet since she was small so hopefully her mum will let her adopt a rabbit or guinea pig

Sam hope packing up is going well.

If anyone has an Oldie and loves showing off photos of them please enter Woof Factor. Its one of our biggest fundraisers of the year to help our vet bills fund. http://www.oldies.org.uk/?p=80512

I hate packing , in dark moments I have been considering burning my house down :ph34r:

if I get 10 minutes I will enter Noah and Holly into the woof factor , its Hollys 9th gotcha day this week !

just had a nice walk, love it when we are on our own! diez was off like a rocket today.... dreading monday, she is having an endoscopy to see why she is passing blood, it isn't a lot but it has been going on for a while on and off now so would like to see if she has a polyp in her bowel (hopefully nothing worse) or an ulcer or something

fingers crossed for Diez

On my way back from speed dating. First one I have been to that I stayed sober at :laugh: There were some right weirdos, one in particular called Eddie :laugh: There were some nice guys there, but scarily I didn't get on as well with them as Mr G or even Mr Grumpy :unsure: :laugh: It was lovely to see my friend Laurie again, not seen her since I left my previous job in May. Definitely going to see her more often now though :)

I love your attitude and new found confidence you just go out and enjoy yourself , well done you :) right non weirdo bloke is round the corner

Today will mostly be spent trying to stay awake - the doctor has doubled one of my migraine meds and it is making me rather snoozy. Interspersed with that will be an attempt to get some work done! I'm very much looking forward to the weekend. May go to a local agility show on sunday if it stays dry, otherwise I have some coursework to get done and no other plans :)

Migranes sound horrid , my mum had them for years and I know she suffered. Hope your meds help

Somebody sent Ruby a missive from Paris on the 31st Jan. The sender addressed it correctly but forgot to add UK or England after the county and post code. It arrived today having been on a trip to Barbados! It's taken ages to travel back but good on the postal workers there for identifying that Cumbria is in the UK and for the re-direction :) However I can't help but wonder what part of our address lead the French post office to believe we were in Barbados :confused:

thats made me giggle , glad you got your mail in the end

A friend forwarded this to me via email this morning.

We had to take "his seat" out of our van so we could fit a dresser in the back. He has been sitting like this, waiting to go for a ride for the past 15 minutes.

P9JMhIK.jpeg

this made me laugh out loud , fantastic :)

Sophie, no idea if this help or if you've even tried it but have you thought of bowen therapy. I've suffered migraines for ages , almost daily and been in hospital for severe one. Recently a friend tried Bowen on me and said there was a problem with my neck. Until she made me go through various neck movements i'd never realised how limited or painful my neck was, shes done 3 sessions and the migraines have eased dramatically so they were obviously liked in with my neck. Dont get me wrong its not a complete cure but instead of being dosed up daily with painkillers i only need them once or twice a fortnight. The relief is wonderful!

Its odd how a wonky bit in one place can cause referred pain , a few years back I had very bad chest pains ( so bad I ended up in Sri Lankan A&E ) once they told me I was not having a heart attack it was discovered I had a problem in my lower neck which an osteopath was able to address

I will goggle Bowen , it sounds really good

• Like 1

Been having rather a bad week so not read back..hugs to any who need good thoughts, and hurray! for anyone with good news.

sorry to hear that , hope things are better for you soon

could somebody turn the rain off please....... just for an hour, thats all i need!

I am fed up of rain , I am expecting to see a old chap with beard , wooden boat and animals in pairs outside my house

Moaning :tired: I woke up at 2 am, got back to sleep at 4.30 am, got up at 7 am and now have a stonking nedache.

I am actually not minding the rain at the moment, because we had a couple of weeks where it didn't rain at all and the plants needed a good soak. Happy for it to stop now though.

Kringle still haven't replied to my requests for a refund and I am now having to make a claim via Paypal. Shan't be bothering with them again.

I've been lurking rather than posting recently, but I have to reply to this:

its Hollys 9th gotcha day this week !

It would have been Dillon's 9th gotcha day last Wednesday (13th). I met you for the first time whilst waiting for Dasha Dog Rescue at Cheively Services. Was that when you were collecting Holly?

Dillon (God rest his soul) was my first rescue dog. There have been many more since him :heart:

• Like 1

morning

the dogs are no bother. trudy and albert look great

I cant get any pictures onto photobucket. is anyone else having problems? it says its not supported

I've used photobucket without a problem this morning. Do you have a different browser that you can try it from?

Here's the requested reminder about the Dogstar Foundation auction on the Dog Rescue World Forum http://forum.dogrescueworld.org.uk/forum/3042780/ Still 2 weeks to go until bidding starts, but still room for more lots to be listed.