UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March' Mad Mumblings

merledogs

Murtle, hope you feel better soon

merledogs, hope you made it to the vets o.k and all are now vaccinated and have clean bills of health

ahhhh spring... that was nice whilst it lasted Lol

bit worried about diez, she keeps widdling, she has never had an accident before but she has had about 6 since being back from the vets..... hopefully she will be o.k from now on

Diez might still be a bit woozy from the anaesthetic , give her a few hours and if she is still struggling call your practice and mention it.

Its freezing here at the drey , our boiler and hot water packed in on Sunday , well it didn't totally pack in but the man from British Gas had to switch off the boiler as it kept tripping out and was pissing carbon monoxide every where when it was working !

we have a gas fire in the living room and an oil filled radiator in the bedroom and as much cold water as you could ever want. I am at the gym today where I am now showering daily !

The replacement parts are being fitted on Thursday so I wish spring would hurry up as well .....

Poor Dieseldog, hope shes ok!

My Dieseldog has another op tomorrow :-(

good wishes for all the Diesel dogs

OMG - am at the photoshoot today. I have done a group cycle photo, then they asked me for a shot on my own :unsure: Have just done it now :)

how exciting , every time I see the posters at my gym I think of you

Charlie can come home :) Am collecting him at 4.30 :)

great news

• Like 1

We had such a laugh doing the photo shoot - the other 'models' were all taking the mick out of me though as I was the only one who had to do a picture on my own :laugh: If you ever get the opportunity, do it. No one had done it before, so we were all in the same boat. Can't wait to see the pics now though, they said the catalogue should be online by mid April, with the printed version being ready a bit later :) I shall post the link to the catalogue when it appears online :)

Yes please to the link Jayne :flowers:

Hope Diesel feels better soon :flowers:

Everything went fine at the vet, except when Taffy decided to poo on the floor in the consult room :blush: Vet was late as she was stuck in traffic, which is fine as we were the first appointment. What wasn't fine, however, was the fact that her scrubs had dried blood on so presumably she just chucked dirty ones on again. Not only is that skanky but it's a health hazard, surely? :huh:

At lunchtime I met with the Rights of Way Officer at the fields where the landowners (Peel Holding) or the farmer leasing the fields have blocked off one of the stiles which we usually use to access the cow field. Snot on, so he is going to contact Peel Holdings and make them sort it. Hopefully they will replace it with a kissing gate like they have the other stiles they initially put up, so there is no climbing involved. They won't want to spend any money though because they want to build all over that land, but hey, tough shite :mad:

you go Merleyone!!!!! it isn't right when people think they can do what they like and s*d anyone else. Lol @Taffy, as for the dirty scrubs.... i would not have been happy at all, i have never seen my vet be anything but spotless..... except when he did the cats anal glands and he got shot in the eye Lol

i hope diesels op goes o.k

Gooster glad you had a laugh and i will keep my eyes peeled for the link and really pleased charlie can come home!!

diez has not had another accident, it was probably all the fluids from yesterday, she wet her bed and the sofa but to be honest as long as she was happy i could put up with that i would just change her bed to a raised one and pop a cover on the sofa. i have ordered a food processor to smush her veggies up as the vet mentioned veggies might be irritating her gut so will get that tomorrow.

Just picked him up now :) He still has the head tilt, but his nystagmus (wobbly eyes) has gone :) He has been sent home with steroids, vivitonin and antibiotics as he has an upset tummy. He is still pretty wobbly though.

Recovery can be slow.

The wobblyness can last up to three weeks and the head tilt may be permanent or it may improve. Each case is different.

The wobbly eyes make them feel 'sea sick' so he will feel better now that that has stopped.

He will feel much happier now that he is home.

Glad that Charlie is home xx hope that wonky dogs and peeps start feeling better soon.

I've been a bit absent past couple of days as I have a job interview thing tomorrow and I have to give a presentation as part of it so I've been researching, putting it together and practicing delivering it to the dogs. Just did a run through with Rob and its about as good as I'm ever going to get it so I'm just going to print the thing off now, burn it to disc and flash drive and take the rest of the night off to try and chillax and destress. I am utterly dreading tomorrow - I really really really really REALLY loathe group exercises and have never seen the point of them as part of an interview process as every single person is NOT being their normal selves and thats before my presentation so ickkkk then I have a 30 min interview panel to round things off. Given my wonderful peri-menopausal non working brain I'm not expecting to be at my best *shrugs* ah well at least it gives me practice .....