UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

Morning.

Don't think it was what he had before. He is whinging which must mean he's feeling really poorly because he doesn't usually moan when he is poorly. Of course it would have to happen now that I've reduced his insurance cover cos M&S wanted over £100 a month. I reduced the level of cover but I can only now claim a maximum of £1000 per claim.

Poor Max - I'm sending positive thoughts for your boy Alex :GroupHug:

I swore off puppies after Archie. He was the pup from hell - I know he's turned out to be the best of dogs but cheesus it was hard going that first year or so. George put up with him because he was kind but I know The Archibald did his head in. They did become the best of mates in the end and Archie was very protective of his big bruv, especially in George's last years when he was frailer. There is no way Archie would accept a stinky puppy. He hates stinky puppies. He's hated stinky puppies since he was a stinky puppy :rolleyes_anim:

George and Archie's first meeting:

pupgeorgesfirstmeeting020703.jpg

• Like 1

Please note that if your car has an alarm that sets itself when the doors are locked then you need to zap it to un-alarm it!

Poppitt Sands this morning - pressed zapper to unlock car, zilch..... repeated process several times then decided to use the key to unlock the boot. ALARM ALARM ALARM I AM BEING STOLEN!!! No you aren't I used the key! Quickly shut boot, pressing zapper frantically - alarm finally stopped. Tried to unlock on zapper - nothing! This time had to brace myself and unlock boot manually and throw dogs in because 5 dogs bouncing around telling me their car is being stolen was not helping. Alarm finally stopped. Tried zapper - zilch, tried key in driver's door thinking that may be the solution - ALARM ALARM ALARM. Slammed door shut and alarm finally stopped. In the end the zapper decided to give a little clunk and everything was disarmed and unlocked. Methinks maybe it needs a new battery (or I need to find out how to lock the car without the alarm setting itself)

Vet just rang. They have done some x-rays which showed nothing. His platelets are low which frightens the life out of me after the problem he had before. The vet thinks it might be either an ulcer or some sort of mass/tumour which is oozing :( They are going to keep him overnight and do an endoscopy tomorrow.

awwwwww Yantan, what a cute puppy archie was!

Buddyboy, i don't think you can lock the car without the alarm being armed but from experience of a flat car battery causing the alarm to sound repeatedly for a long time and being unable to gain access to the battery (it was in the boot and we couldn't unlock the boot!) i lobbed the key in the ignition to in position 1 and it stopped the alarm until the RAC geezer turned up and gave us a jump start to charge the battery. it won't cure your problem but it should silence the alarm giving you time to think...... my head was banging by the time i had remembered what to do.

Glad you have sorted a washing machine out Merledogs, any new on Max yet?? hoping it is something easily fixable, with regards the insurance i think quite a few people have been stung by M&S charging ridiculous amounts for insurance at renewal time, hopefully the bill will come in under your limit.

Jazz, is it a hatchback you want or can the cages go on the back seat? what about a fiesta? not sure how big the boot space is

it is absolutely beautiful here today, the sun is that warm i have had to open the windows!!!! Laney is in heaven, he loves nothing more than lying in a sun spot, diez is conked out on the sofa and dex is sprawled out upstairs enjoying the sunshine. i was going to let him out but after yesterday i am a bit hesitant.... some girl was trying to get him to go off with her! luckily he only really bothers with people he knows so stayed put and i heard her calling at him so went and grabbed him sharpish