UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

:GroupHug: :grouphug: Alex.

Really need to try and get an early night tonight. Not quite sure how that will happen, given I am working till 7, then have to sort Blue out (mum usually does him on a Wednesday so I can get home at a decent time, but she has hurt her back, so can't do him at the moment).

Oh dear...such a lot of bad news for people and dogs (and washing machines!) . I hope Max's problem is something that can quickly be sorted out so he's back home with you Alex, and Owl do take care of yourself.

Jazz, we have a micra, she's a V reg and still going strong and although she's just failed the MOT (needs some welding underneath), the garage guy says the engine is good for years yet and they are the most reliable cars he knows. She can shift too, despite her age ...she bombs along the motorway whizzing past bigger cars whose drivers give us this amazed look, I'm sure they think she's souped up, but with a 1.2 engine in a small car they can really move.

Hope you hear something positive about Max today Alex :bighug:

Just booked Nog & Sal into kennels for Saturday - its MIL's 80th b'day in a week, however we have summat rather sneaky planned for this Saturday, she thinks Rob & I are taking her out for a long leisurely posh meal hence the dogs needing to be kenneled as we will be leaving them for more than 4 hours. We are indeed taking her out, but not where she suspects we might be going, nor indeed will it be just the 3 of us :ph34r_anim:

Thinking of Max, hope you get some news soon Alex.

I am very impressed with mum's new social worker. She had received some 3rd hand garbled report from the care agency saying that mum could not feed herself and was too weak to get out of bed, and was under the impression that mum needed 24 hr care. I explained that this was nonsense and she was only like that for a day prior to being admitted to the hozzy. I also explained about the dementia, and she asked if a doctor had diagnosed it. I said no but it was plain to anyone who had dealings with her. Social worker went up to the ward and quietly observed mum feeding herself but using the same spoon for all courses, and not working out how to take the metal cover off the main course until a nurse did it for her. I don't mind being doubted as sometimes people make out their relatives are demented to try and get them put in psychiatric units which are free rather than care homes which have to be paid for. I am just glad that the social worker uses her own judgement and sees for herself.

• Like 1

ooooooooo snow, does it involve cake and people shouting "surprise" ????

Owl, glad your mums social worker has been to see her for herself rather than relying on others.

i have just ordered a step for diez for getting in/out of the house in the back garden, the porch is a bit higher than the ground and she has to jump slightly which must be uncomfortable..... been asking my dad for months to build her a step but he hasn't so just ordered a plastic one instead, you watch i bet she will totally freak out and refuse to go near it Lol

Owl, I hope you are feeling better...that's excellent news about the social worker, obviously using her own judgement rather than relying on what others have written.

That all sounds most mysterious Snow, I hope she has a wonderful day.

Griff, if the plastic step either smells a bit odd or is slippery and puts Diez off, can you fix some old carpeting to it? I know it'll be a pain when it gets wet, but carpet shops often have free carpet tiles or offcuts.

I hope Alex has good news of Max...

Having had several days when I felt exhausted, depressed and generally like death warmed up today I feel buzzing with energy. I've bought voiles for the bedrooms, cut them to size, made ties from the bits I cut off and it was all going soooo well until I got to the small spare bedroom (comp room/library). For some reason I cut the dratted thing too short so instead of being tied it's only just long enough to cover the window! Oh well, there's a big dragon indoor water feature in front of it, and two boxes containing my pom Misty and Kelly's ashes, to it doesn't look too bad. I hope!

Edited by suzeanna

ooooooo good thinking Suzeanna, i have some cord carpet in the loft.... she freaks out at the most odd things, she is a lot better now we have laney but before she used to go nuts at things, stacka boxes, bins, new furniture etc.. she can be an odd little thing at times. you have been busy today! could do with you here!

:ph34r: snow.... mum's the word :ph34r:

we have another appointment with the vet today, then i will need to go again next week at least twice if not three times, got to love vaccination time!

Might have just emailed off an application form for take me out :ninja:

Gooster, my baby girl applied for Take Me Out a couple of years ago and was successful. Then before the recording date she met someone who she thought may be special and was unsure what to do. As it happens she was also waiting for an op on her shoulder and that came through for the day she should have been travelling down for recording so she couldn't go!! Result - she marries ' may be special' - Mr Wright (honestly!) - and has his baby this year!! So it sorta worked for her but in an unexpected way!!

Good luck!! :)

• Like 1

Worst possible news - Max has inoperable tumours on the lining of his stomach and in his liver. There's nothing they can do apart from palliative care :mecry: I've got him home but they didn't give me any painkillers for him and I can tell he's suffering.and I can't give him oral metacam so now have to go back so they can give him an injection. Why the feck did nobody think to do that when he is clearly suffering? :mad: Vet said to take it a week at a time but I can't see it being more than a day or two unless he picks up significantly. He's struggling to poo and when anything comes out it's just pure blood :mecry: I just want one last night with him so will sleep on the sofa with him tonight and see how he is in the morning. To say I'm devastated is an understatement.

Oh Alex, I am so sorry to hear the devastating news about Max. Cherish every moment you can with him.
When we lost out beloved Jester he was diagnosed with lung cancer on the Monday & we said goodbye on the Friday. It was bittersweet but we shared and treasure those last few days x