UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

He's gone :mecry: I stayed downstairs on the sofa and could tell he was in a lot of pain and I couldn't stand to see him suffer so said goodbye. He screamed when the vet put the needle in which made it worse. There is a huge hole in my life right now :sneeze:

So very sorry :sneeze: Run free Max knowing you were a well loved boy.

Morning. Have an all day workshop today. No idea how I'm going to get through it.

I feel so bad that Max spent his last couple of days being poked and prodded and in pain. Even when I took Max for his painkilling injection last night, the vet pressed his stomach and he was screaming, then he screamed again when the pts needle went in :mecry: Max was so stoic that it was hard to tell when he was in pain or ill, so for him to be like that he must have been in agony mecry:

Alex he's free from pain now and you made a hard decision selflessly - even denying yourself a few more hours where others might have hesitated and waited for morning - I know your heart is broken but right to the end your only thoughts were of Max and he loved you for that.

I'm so sorry Alex. Try to think of all the wonderfully happy times Max had with you and not just the last few difficult days. I know it's not easy. Max could not have had a more loving carer. You did what you believed best for him at the end & that's all anyone can do.

Thinking of you today. You'll get by simply because you have to but we can imagine your inner pain

Alex you were so brave and so loving to do the right thing by your boy...I've read in the past on here people pushing on with dogs who obviously are suffering because "they love them too much to let them go"...well sorry no, they just didn't want to deal with the pain of losing them, you faced it head on for Max and now he's free of pain because of your love for him. If there is someone at work who you know is a dog lover and will understand have a good cry in the loo with them, wash your face and go out to your meetings with your head up xxxxxxx

I hope you are ok Alex, I KNOW Max knows how much you love him and how hard the decision was for you and maybe him finally showing how much pain he was in was to make it easier for you.

(and I use the present tense deliberately because he may not be there physically any longer but he is definitely around in spirit).

Hold your head up high and if you do have a cry at work and people do not understand then they are the ones to feel sorry for, because they have no compassion.

Alex he's free from pain now and you made a hard decision selflessly - even denying yourself a few more hours where others might have hesitated and waited for morning - I know your heart is broken but right to the end your only thoughts were of Max and he loved you for that.

I agree with Snow here, you loved him and he knew that.

Run free and happy Max!

Huge hugs for you Alex, it hurts so much I know