UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

Good to see you home again Jazz, now be good and do what the doctors/physios tell you, dont try to do too much too soon!

I'm mortified....my OH found the picture hooks, in a drawer I'd already looked in twice! He's very smug, since I'm always telling him he looks for things with his eyes shut.

• Like 2

Welcome back, Jazz.

Sorry about your friend, Marion, too young to go.

Griff, if your dog does that kind of thing you need gloves for protection and grip. Riding gloves are good, or DIY gloves made by Black & Decker like mine which have a back made of net stuff but a palm of tough synthetic which looks like suede.

Wrist is much improved thanks to wearing a support, and altering hand position while driving and gear changing. Taking great care of it.

5 weeks ago we were tramping round the fens after a deaf 17 yr old springer who thinks she is as good as she ever was, bless her. Looks like she has been caught and handed in at last, owner and dog warden have talked on the phone and think the dog in the pound is her, but we will know tomorrow.

• Like 4

The fabric is here!!! Oooh, it's going to be hard to keep my new dressmaking scissors away from it......snip snip!!

Did anyone see 'Don't Tell The Bride' on Tuesday? I thought it was lovely and the bride was such a calm gentle lady - but it was made even better by the appearence of my 'weekend' boss! They hired the Argocat from the activity centre to transport the bride through the woods. The story behind that is that maybe the production company has a little more money than the £12k that they give the groom......

I'm off to a funeral today. My ex boss died a couple of weeks ago in Barcelona and the funeral is in town today with the buriel in Scotland tomorrow. I worked there for 10 years and it was a brilliant job. We sold motorcycle helmets n stuff and I travelled all over Europe to exhibitions with them. They had a showroom in Gran Canaria and I once went to a business meeting in Monte Carlo - taking the helecopter across the water to and from Nice!! Mind you we did work very hard. It was fantastic until their children left uni and joined as Directors and then it all went upside down. I stayed on because the money was too good but then (with relief on all sides) I was made redundant four years ago. I was only unemployed for 2 weeks - it was great!!! (The elf service doesn't pay nearly as good tho.....) Lots of fond memories.

Have a good day, everyone, and rest those poorly bits!! :)

• Like 1

i really hope that the dog in the pound is the missing springer Owl and thanks for the tip about the gloves... to be fair, he has been really good for me lately and i suppose i had forgotten how bad he can be and being ill things just seemed so much worse, accidents happen and i hung about to make sure the other dog was o.k and apologized.... i didn't just leg it or anything so hopefully things will be o.k. i would kill for a field of my own where just us could be in there.

Jazz i hope you had a good nights sleep

Loo, hope things go well today

Dex cat has been very sick last night, we will have to keep an eye on him..... he is too greedy to part with food so being sick is quite odd for him

Loo sorry to hear about your boss. Hope the funeral goes as well as these things can be expected to go and that some happy memories are evoked for his nearest and dearest.

Archie has been baking this morning but he's keeping it quiet as he is only supplying himself, his girlfriend Sadie and her 2 cousins Sam and Bowder on this occasion. His little paws get warn out with it all but no doubt he will start to feel guilty and bake some more very soon for his other mates.

There's been no more sightings of Nobby :(

The springer in the pound is probably not Chloe, but so similar that she is likely to be a close relation. A Doglost helper and local rescuer has taken some pics today and met the dog, and says no way has she been out for 6 weeks. Her matted state is due to neglect, and she is very clingy, where Chloe is independent and reserved with strangers. Chloe's people are going later to double check. The found dog has been offered a home by the vets receptionist.

Hope Dex cat feels better soon.

Sorry to hear about your ex-boss, Lou.

The sun has got his hat on and a load of washing is about to go on the line.

Griff, you have my sympathy re your hands. Rosie my cav is a hefty girl and surprisingly strong, she yanked round after a cat the other day and twisted her lead round my fingers...broke my nail really low down and bruised my finger badly, so heaven knows what a bigger dog would have done! People round here often ask why I only walk her and not our lurcher too...erm....one of them is bad enough, if two both pulled at once I'd be flat on my face.

Shame it wasn't the right dog Owl...any sightings of the Retford one at all?

OH has to go into work shortly for a meeting with a woman from HR, to see if he needs a graduated return to work. He's praying for a lottery win so he doesn't have to return at all! His eye doesn't hurt any more, but his focus still isn't right, and his eyes get very tired by mid afternoon. He has next week as holiday anyway, so we'll see how it goes after that.

Afternoon.

I got paid today, but only the week's worth of money. Am keeping everything crossed my severance pay goes in tomorrow as planned.

Been to a meeting in Wigan this morning. Unfortunately I drove past Bents on the way back (massive garden centre type place but they also have a cafe and they have everything from a deli, to sweets, to furniture, to homeware yada yada. I bought the dogs some new harnesses (knew I should have got a small for Timmy as the medium is just a touch big) and some cookware (on sale) for me and I might have bought some stuff from the deli as well :whistle: I did buy some sweets that I hadn't seen for ages - sweet peanuts. I've had two and they are quite sickly sweet. Dogs are have nice yummy chews so I'd best get on with some work.

Sorry about your ex boss griff :flowers:

Hope Dex is better soon :flowers:

Owl - hope the missing springer is found soon - how luffly of the vet receptionist to offer the other one a home :flowers:

LOL Merledogs you do make me laff!!!!!! i looooooooooooooooooooooove sweet peanuts! our local market has a stall that sells them and i have to resist the urge to buy them as i scoff the whole bag. i do hope your money goes in tomorrow.

i have homemade soup and roasted vegetables and bulgur wheat yum yum.... my mum says the soup looks like baby sick.... tastes nice though Lol

The soup sounds good to me Griff! I am currently making chicken stock for the base of broth which I will make tomorrow. The smell in the house is divine.

Alex what are you like! You must be programmed to turn in at certain shops- can't say I blame you though :) How much were the harnesses and what were they like if you don't mind me asking? I still haven't found a replacement for Archie's TRPD one and it's really showing signs of wear now.

The ikkle man had another luffley walk with both dog walkers and their dog today. Once again I paid for an hour but they had him out 1hr and 45 minutes. They often get compliments from other dog owners about how well behaved The Archibald is :) He is also good for their dog, her behaviour and obedience has come on leaps and bounds as she loves to follow Archie and do what he does. He has also helped her with her confidence, something she was lacking in after many years of being kept in a shed :(

• Like 1