UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jests

merledogs

it was my liver today and trudys tomorrow lol

they have decided that ive got auto immune hepatitis AND primary biliary cirrhosis. they have been going between the 2 since 1999, now they have worked out its both, how nice

The lab we were after day before yesterday was pulled out of the canal last night :mecry: heartbroken that we didn't get to her in time. Lovely family as well, and she was only 8 so should have had many more happy years with them. Although we never met her, when we track a dog it feels like we know her.

Still got the migraine hanging around and feel like cr*p after a night of the most creatively horrendous nightmares about the world being taken over by demonic sheep which could read minds and teleport. Well, it would only take one sheep to develop superpowers and go for world domination and the rest of them would do the same.

Jazz - are you just being greedy having both???

Really sad about Lab dog

Owl - have you ever seen the film 'Black Sheep' about killer sheep? It's ever so funny if a bit grisley. My ex is a shepherd so I bought him the DVD .........

(This is my 100th post!! Wow!!)

Edited by Loo

Jazz...you just have to grab everything going, don't you! seriously, I'm so sorry and hope they can do something about it/them.

Owl, I just read about that lab..how very sad. Her owners must be in pieces. My OH had a near miss on his way to work this morning at Walton traffic lights..luckily he was slowing to turn right, when a big brindle dog came charging across the road, looking behind it. He slammed on his brakes and swerved away from it and the dog looked at the car, stopped dead then turned and ran back to the pavement. He said his heart was still pounding when he got to work, he honestly thought it was going under the car for a moment.

Hope all the migraines soon clear up, oddly enough OH was off work with one yesterday...it's an epidemic!

So sad about the Lab, Owl, and hope Diesel is captured soon. What makes a dog that has lived with people for so long decide to live wild? And if they stay free for some time, 14 months in Diesel's case, do they have trouble settling back to domestic life again? I've adopted a few dogs that had been found as strays and had obviously being living rough for some time and I don't think any of them would have given up their newly found comforts and personal slaves to fend for themselves again. But I'm no dog psychologist!

Jazz :GroupHug: So sorry you have liver problems to contend with as well. I think you're amazing the way you cope and still manage to take in poorly foster dogs as well.

:GroupHug: for Griff as well and hope you're well enough soon to start treatment again.

Hope everyone's migraines disappear soon.

I live in northern France, Murtle, just over an hour's drive south of Calais. But am heading to Eastbourne tomorrow for the forseeable future. My dad's just been diagnosed with Diabetic Kidney failure and is in hospital so I'm going over to stay for a while.

I have been with BT for my internet for many years without complaint - but this past 2 weeks they have tested my patience to the limit and beyond, snowy is never ever a happy widdle wabbit when shes GOT NO INTERNET!!! First they send me an email all jolly hockey sticks proclaiming that I should be ever so excited as my exchange is being upgraded to sooooper doooper ever so fast broadband and I dont have to do anything yipeeeee then they tell me this means I will be without ANY internet for a "brief period" uh huh and when I get it back it will take about 10 days to "settle down" during which time I "might" have a "few intermittent" problems and after that woweee things will be brilliant ....

So 2 weeks ago I duly try and login and no internet ... the "brief period" turned out to be over 24 hours - I was NOT amused. Then they send me another email with the incredibly superbly fantabulous news that my exchange is now updated and soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooper fast - all well and good cept my net is half the speed it was BEFORE the upgrade. Ah say BT thats because the line has to "settle" be patient it takes 10 days ...so I endure 10 days of naff net, no frigging net, buffering buffering buffering, ohh you wanted a web page didya well tough tits "time out!" har har har .... then back to NO NET!!

Wednesday I lost my temper - had no net again when I got up, spent several hours rebooting the router (as instructed) rebooting pc (as instructed) and NO FLIPPING NET!!! Had to call it a day and go off to work - came home lunch time and lo and behold internet whooo hooo and FAST internet *drool drool" sadly I couldnt enjoy it as I had to go off to Wales, came home today all excited to find flashing green lights on the router and NO EFFING NET - AGAIN!!!

More faffing about rebooting resulted in an internet connection slower than the one I had with a 56k modem on a dial up 15 years ago!

1 telephone call from a decidedly peed off snowbunny later ....and funnily enough I now have t'interweb at a reasonable speed - pretty much the same blinking speed I had BEFORE the upgrade *big old eye roll*

ETA: Eve I hope your dad is feeling better soon x

im sorry to hear that eve xx

you sort em snow!

well, trudy has had her liver tests today and they arnt good, so shes on lactulose to try and get rid of the food quick, and other pills. got to ring the vet in a week and say how she is

im going to see 'rock of ages' on sunday,that should take my mind off all this, and the suffolk show next sunday, is anyone going?

How very irritating Snow..hope you gave em hell!

Sorry to hear about your dad, Eve. Is the kidney failure reversible, or will he need dialysis?

The Clay Cross football ground has a new name...local businesses competed to name it and the winner names it after his business. The local tattoo parlour won so the football ground will now be called...wait for it...The Devil Made Me do It ground! :D

I've had Max's insurance renewal through from M&S - it's gone up by 50% again, so is now over £100 a month. Robbing fecking barstewards :mad1:

Nog's is £90 a month with M&S plus we have to pay an annual £70 excess and 20% of all claims :confused: darent move off it though as his leg wouldn't be covered.

Suzanna loving the footie ground name!

Just had some great news - surveyor came this morning to value mums bungalow, reports already been submitted and we have just had our formal mortgage offer - we ARE buying mums bungalow! :cheer: Big panic now as solicitor says he's almost ready to complete *eeep* we're NOT!! lol