UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jests

merledogs

Dylan was awfully quiet earlier..we went to see why and he was in the living room..on the fireside rug...happily chomping a large piece of Galia melon he'd pinched from the kitchen worktop! I must remember, that dog has a very long reach!

• Like 2

It's never a good sign when dogs go missing or are quiet lol

I've seen slugs on poop many a time but didn't realise they ate it. How lovely

Griff sorry you've all got nasty infections. Hope they clear up quickly and it doesn't get in the way of your treatments. Hugs

Not long in from having seen Dad. The staff are all lovely there

• Like 1

OMGosh My daughter and her boyfriend have just got engaged!! He came to ask me for her hand on Friday the 13th (the secret was bursting to get out!!!) and took her walking on the Lakeland Fells today and proposed! This is just over a year since my eldest son got engaged and three weeks after he got married. I am soooo happy!!! :cheer: :pinkie: :woof: :comic19: :partytime: :circle:

• Like 4

Congratulations!

I have been talking on phone to my sis who has been stuck in a mega jam on the southbound M11 for over 4 hrs. She is very tired and hungry. I have been checking the traffic info and the road is not expected to be open until 4 a.m. A policeman came to talk to the drivers and said they are trying to get one lane open so hopefully she should be on the move before then. The jam is about 15 miles long I think, due to serious accident at J9, so it is stretching from J8 to J10.

She spent a couple of days up here, and today we took mum & her folding scooter to Hardwick Hall gardens and had a nice time. I was worried that my sis didn't have a car charger for her iPhone which was getting a low battery and suggested that we nip up to Tibshelf services nr Hardwick to get one. Thank goodness we did, otherwise we would all be worried sick by now not knowing what had happened to her. Hope she is on the move soon.

Morning :tired:

Glad your sister finally got out of the jam :flowers:

Congratulations Loo's daughter :flowers:

Norty Dylan :wub:

Overcast here today but at least it's dry.

Today I will be walking the dogs and gardening and watching Bradley Wiggins this afternoon and I may do a bit more reading/napping and/or associated sorting out of stuff cos I seem to have grown another pile of paperwork (where does it all come from?).

Morning :)

Hope you all feel better soon Griff, and lots of good thoughts for your nan.

Suzeanna, I hope your medication works and the side effects are minimal.

Glad your sister got home Owl

Congrats to your Daughter Loo

Have fun Jazz

Have fun Alex, I too have a mountain of paperwork!

Hugs for everyone I haven't mentioned, I am thinking of you all.

Had a rather stressful week at work, so yesterday we decided at the last minute to go to Melton Country park, for a labby get together. It was Tucker's first gotcha day. Dogs had a great time, though Cherry is a little stiff this morning :)

Here's a few pics

A ring of Labs, and Cherry!

P7200172.jpg

This little girl called Lily kept mugging Jack for his dummy!

P7200134.jpg

Cherry got a "bit" muddy with her running pal Luna!

P7200202.jpg

• Like 1

Love those pics Marge :wub: I do like black dogs :wub: Luna especially is just :wub: as are Jack and Cherry, which obviously goes without saying :luvlove:

Walked the dogs. Went straight past the bullocks this morning and they were fine. There was one nosey one across the path. I put Timmy (cos he barks at Taffy so might frighten them) and Max (cos he's likely to run into one of them) on lead as we went past. The nosey one moved to the side and then followed us. I stopped so the dogs could have a sniff and he actually let me touch his muzzle :wub: When we came back out of the field he was standing right on the path in front of the stile and wouldn't move out of the way when I told him to :rolleyes: so we had to go through a ditch to get round him.

Timmy got taken ill halfway through the walk - seems to have a runny bum and trying to puke - so stuck to my legs on the way back. He seems okay now though but will keep an eye on him and give him some Manuka honey for his tum.

Mowed the lawn when I got back, sprayed some weeds and moved a Camellia from the back garden to the front.

Am having a break and then doing more gardening. Want to get everything finished by 2pm so I can watch the end of the Tour de France :pinkie:

Edited by merledogs

Afternoon. Hot & sunny here so will be clearing lots more in the garden.

Scoobs is back to normal thank goodness.

Loo thrilled for your daughter & her boyfriend.

Marge hope next week is better for you but know you don't have the easiest of job. Fab day out by the looks of it.

Enjoy Rock of Ages Jazz. Does your son know how poorly you have been. Could do with seeing more of him.

Edited by Jacobean

Snow, hope your tinterweb is soon mended

Jazz i bet the dogs do love you if you cook them flapjacks and i hope you have a nice day at rock of ages

Merledogs, your cat is sooooooo cute! and i love her little hiding place, i hope timmy feels better soon

Loo congratulations and how sweet of the lad to come and ask you

Houndzrus, sorry you had a stressful time at work and hope next week is better, i love the pictures of Jack Cherry and friends.

Jacobean i am so glad that you are happy with the care your dad is getting.

my brother didn't come up, he thought about things and realized he had just had a cold so perhaps not the brightest move for me. apparently my nan has picked up a bit which is great and she is managing to smile at my aunty, she is not allowed to talk but people can talk to her, i haven't dared go over and i will need to ask my consultant what he thinks i should do..... i don't not want to see her before she goes, maybe tuesday we can go, hopefully she will improve enough to get into the hospice..... i think she would be looked after better there and if she is going to die it is a better place than a hospital. mum and dad both have chest infections and i know mine hasn't gone fully, i never knew you could pass on a chest infection!

it is a really lovely sunny day here.... it is that hot that i am going to put my fake tan on and wear shorts to the hospital tomorrow.... will save me getting my kit off anyway LoL. i have popped the beds outside for the dogs along with their parasols so that should keep them happy for a bit.

I'm kernackered. Completed my NLP practitioners...yay...but it involved an early bird start on Saturday to drive up to Crewe for 10am...but got there for 11am after sitting for a lengthy period on the M6. Two day there and drove back down tonight. 3 puss cats are delighted to see me, well they are delighted for an open door so they can go and play outside. I owe them a few days of letting them do their own thing!

Lots to catch up on. Did happen to see Owly sister stuck in an awful jam, glad they got them out and Alex meeting the bullocks :-)

Love and hugs

xxx