UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jests

merledogs

Jazz, did any of little toofless yorkies owners friends fancy taking on one of your little ones??? i must try and read back through june as i think i recall one of your little ones being poorly, i hope she is ok now

Merledogs!!!!!! you are worse than me for cheating and reading the back bits first Lol, the lady opposite me in hospital couldn't put the book down and everytime the nurses and cleaners came round it was the topic of conversation.

well we are back to rain today... groan, i am staying in today all day if i can help it, might have been a bit ambitious the last couple of days and now have a bit of a chest so will stay in the warm and dry.

Mum has gone to work today, she is finishing today and taking a week unpaid leave and then the next week as leave hopefully so she will be here to keep an eye on me for the next couple of weeks which will make her happier, she has been very hurt by what has been said at work and to be honest i don't think she needs any added stress.......... so net week i have my own personal slave !!!

What a shame your mum has been treated so badly Griff...I hope you don't work your slave too hard!

I'm not feeling so great this morning, so when the phone rang and I struggled half dressed from the bathroom to answer it, I wasn't in the best of moods. A female asking to speak to my OH...I said he's at work, she said when can I call to speak to him? I asked who was calling and got the " I'm afraid I cant divulge that information" parrotted at me. I pointed out that I am his wife..no dice. I'm afraid I lost my temper somewhat :mad1: and said if you won't tell me whose calling, then I'm not telling you when you can talk to him, I'm flaming fed up with this happening (and I only just managed to stick to "flaming"!) and put the phone down. I 1471'd it and found out it was the doctors surgery. Oh dear. That'll be me off their list then. :unsure:

Morning. It looks like being another nice day here weather wise.

I am going to have a little rant.

I went out to last night to pick up Archie's sheepskin mat which was near the gate and noticed that Miss Czechoslovakia, who I had all the trouble with a couple of months back when the police were called, had parked her car right up to my bumper leaving loads of room between her and the car in front of her. The trouble occurred last time when I saw red when she had done this self same thing to me for the umpteenth time and so when I came back from a trip out in the car I stupidly retaliated and parked right on her bumper. They were touching but I did it gently without damaging either her car or mine. She came banging at my door throwing accusations around and being majorly unpleasant.

Now parking so close again last night - was that being provocative or not? She really is a nasty piece of work. I would never dream of moving to another country and making trouble with the natives but she has pissed of a number of people in town by all accounts. Her landlady eggs her on as she is just as nasty. She has 4 little dogs, 3 Poms and a Chi/JRT cross and she never takes them out - it's left to the boyfriend to do that when he comes home from his job away for the weekend - and all she does is shout at them and scold them. I feel so sorry for them.

The other night one of them was out in the back yard, which is just to the side of my bedroom window, and it yapped out there from 12.20am until 1.40am whilst at least one of the others joined in from the kitchen. How she or her lodgers didn't hear that I don't know. I can cope with the dogs yapping all day long but not at that time of night.

Ah that feels better!

I hope everyone is OK today, especially the poorly people.

Has anyone heard anything from Cheryl?

• Like 1

All you can do is take photos of when she parks so closely, and if the dogs do that again record them, and hopefully you can do something about her, she sounds a total b*tch!

The mystery of the phone call is solved....OH called them from work and they wanted him to make an appointment for....drum roll....a medication review!! Now why couldn't she have just said that? I could understand if it was something he might not want me to know, but a medication review!??

Griff - I subsequently Googled and now know what happens in each of the three books :) I will carry on reading through as I'm halfway through the first book, but if it doesn't grip me within the next few chapters then I'm giving up.

Maz - what an awful woman :ohmy:

oooooo no yantan, that woman sounds a right c*w, i certainly wouldn't be happy with the dog barking until that time of night, shame you weren't near me as i would have sent the boys round to shift her car for you, i have dollies and all you do it jack the car up and slide one under each wheel and then off you go, wheel the car to wherever you want Lol, you could have moved it to the next street! we are blessed with nice neighbours on 1 side and sadly crap ones on the other.

Whoops Suzeanna, i am sure they will soon forget your little rant, how very strange that they wouldn't say anything, i know they have to be careful with data protection but that seems a bit extreme, perhaps you could get your OH to authorise them to talk to you? my consultants and Gp's all talk to my family which is a huge help.

Merledogs you are norty Lol, i am going to see if i can send my dad to buy the new Kathy Reichs book for me at tesco, it is only £2.99 and i could take it to hospital with me.

Griff I like your thinking re: moving the car. LOL.

I like Kathy Reichs books - hope you manage to get the new one.

Alex you are doing well to keep on ploughing through Shades. I'm reading the 3rd book in the Matthew Shardlake series by C. J Sansom. Excellent books all. They are mystery and history all rolled into one.

I have a book review blog - although I've only got round to reviewing 2 books - if any one is interested to see it I'll put the link up. Actually I could do with some constructive criticism if anyone is up for that?

Ha! Ruby's just come in from work and said "oh dear I seem to have parked a bit close to Miss Czechoslavkia's car"!! She is now blocked in between our cars and if she wants out she's going to have to come and ask one of us to move. How evil are we!

She's moved off once today and came back to park right up against my car again despite there being room for 3 or 4 cars on the road in front of her. Anyway Ruby is going off for a walk soon with Archie and I won't be answering the door if she comes a-calling :devil:

• Like 2

Lol, well done Ruby!!! a little bit of consideration and respect for others doesn't cost anything.... shame you won't be able to hear the door Lol.

i have looked on tesco and i can't find the book on offer..... i swear i saw the advert last night, i don't think i imagined it..... oh well will send my dad to asda instead tomorrow.

my new medialert dog tags have arrived and i love them, they are pink and i got one of these too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UTag-USB-DIGITAL-SPORTS-WRISTBAND-MEDICAL-SOS-ID-ALERT-/251100073723?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Mobility_Disability_Medical_ET&hash=item3a76bb0efb#ht_1785wt_1270

i got that in pink too and it is fabulous as you can add all the medical info you need, it has all my medication listed my parents details, my blood group, my drs address and phone number and my allergies and a space for my wishes, as it is computerised it means i can alter my medication and medical history as required and my parents can stop worrying if i go out alone

• Like 1

All you can do is take photos of when she parks so closely, and if the dogs do that again record them, and hopefully you can do something about her, she sounds a total b*tch!

The mystery of the phone call is solved....OH called them from work and they wanted him to make an appointment for....drum roll....a medication review!! Now why couldn't she have just said that? I could understand if it was something he might not want me to know, but a medication review!??

Our surgery just ask that we ask the person to call the surgery back.

On one occasion my son, in his early twenties, was undergoing treatment that I knew about.

The surgery called asking for and when I said he wouldn't be in until after surgery was closed the girl fumbled around and then said .' This is very difficult'. I saId 'If it is about his treatment then I know about it.'

'Well, Dr P needs to rearrange his next appointment and we did so.'

I suppose they do need to be careful in case they give out information that they shouldn't.

Our surgery just ask that we ask the person to call the surgery back.

On one occasion my son, in his early twenties, was undergoing treatment that I knew about.

The surgery called asking for and when I said he wouldn't be in until after surgery was closed the girl fumbled around and then said .' This is very difficult'. I saId 'If it is about his treatment then I know about it.'

'Well, Dr P needs to rearrange his next appointment and we did so.'

I suppose they do need to be careful in case they give out information that they shouldn't.

Yes, I totally understand that, but not to even tell me it was the surgery seems rather extreme! My OH remarked that the only thing he wouldn't want me to know about was if he'd contracted some STD, and if he thought that he had then he wouldn't go to the doctor, he'd go to a clinic!

I am loving Marion and Ruby's evil side :devil:

I've been to Costco and Asda on the way home. I bought some cracking tall storage containers for the dog, cat and bird food (I'd been after some tall thin ones for ages).

I didn't buy anything exciting in Asda, apart from Cidre of course.

I miss not having things like Costco here. What is cidre Alex? Are you going to get tucked up in front of the telly for tonight's eviction?

Cidre is Stella Artois Cidre (cider) which is nectar of the gods :beerchug: I shall indeed be tucked up. Meant to ask, have you watched Two Broke Girls on E4 yet? Think it may be right up your alley 'cos you have the same cynical sense of humour as me :oneeyed02: BTW, how is Ruby these days?