UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

Agree with griff, definitely harness & double ended lead, Karen.

A couple of conversations today ...

Unknown caller on phone: Please may I speak to Mr Cooper?

Me: This is Ms Cooper speaking, there is no Mr Cooper.

Caller: I wish to speak to Mr Danzil Cooper please.

Me: That is my name, and I am Ms Cooper. Can I help you?

Caller: No, I wish to speak to Mr Danzil Cooper.

Me: May I ask who is speaking please?

Caller, now exasperated and speaking slowly and clearly: Please may I speak to Mr Danzil Cooper?

Me: I am Danzil Rosemary Phebe Cooper. I am female. There is no Mr Cooper. What is this about?

Caller: I can't tell you that, I can only speak to Mr Danzil Cooper.

Me: You have the wrong information. I am Danzil Cooper, there is no other person of that name here, and I am a woman, right?

(Long silence)

Caller: You do not appear to understand me. I need to speak with Mr Danzil Cooper.

Me: You can't because there is no such person.

Caller gives sigh of despair and hangs up.

and the other one ...

Doglost helper rings me on mobile: Phebe, I just had a call from my son, he has seen a dog thief going round his estate, and he thinks this thief has caught Bones. Thief is driving a tatty looking X reg white Berlingo with a dog crate in the back and he can see a fair sized dog with a black tail with a white tip like Bones has. It has just gone down Thirlestone Drive and he is going to follow it in his van and try to recover Bones.

Me: That's not Bones, it's Wispa, and I am the thief in the white van!

I may be heading for an identity crisis. Not only do I appear to be a bloke, but a thieving scally at that. Better head back to the wood and hang out with all the other owls.

• Like 3

Oh dear Phebe, what an identity crisis! I have mail from a couple of places addressed to Mr Karen Pankhurst, but haven't had a similar conversation on the phone yet.

Thanks for reminding me about a harness. Rosie wore a harness and double ended lead until she stopped pulling and it worked a treat. Think I'll take my tape measure with me tomorrow, rather than start looking for sofa sized harnesses!

Phebe - just tell him you had a sex change!

If he rings again ask who is calling and say you will go and fetch Mr Cooper..... not scaremongering but be careful about giving out too much info to prove you are you! Sure the judge will be kind to you on the dognapping charges.

Owl you are hilarious :laughingsmiley: :laughingsmiley:

Karen, i have a dog games harness here, it is the perfect fit one and it was quite expensive but it is very sturdy and highly adjustable plus you can replace the bits singly if they get broken or when your dog loses weight etc. i saw a hooooge black lab in the vet the other day and his owner had no shame about the size of the dog..... i bet my vet would have chucked a mental when he saw the state of him, it really was criminal.

Kittycat.... give nettle tea try for the hayfever, it is minging but helped me

Oh Owl you have made me chuckle again. I wonder what the caller wanted?

Steph I hope the hay fever passes. I used to get it but seem to have grown out of. It started being less of a problem during my thirties and now in my, ehem, early 50's I can't remember the last time it caused a problem. There are advantages to growing older!

Don't worry buddyboy, I could tell from the background noise that the mystery caller was from a call centre probably in India, not some random phone pest or I would have said nothing.

Good thing the would-be rescuer of stolen dogs didn't get as far as trying to liberate Wispa from the van, he wouldn't have succeeded but he would have been deaf for a week!

Oh dear Owl, I didn't realise you were such a reprobate...a man masquerading as a woman (and very well too, I might add, I'd never have known!) and also pretending to be an upstanding member of the community whilst really going around pinching dogs! I shall be looking round every corner for a rozzer now, as no doubt I was seen visiting your house and put on the suspect list!

Those Indian call centres are infuriating, I had calls every day at about the same time of day from them...trying to tell me I could get a grant for having cavity wall insulation for my house. I told them no I can't, due to the particular construction of this house it is not advisable and please don't call again but they did, day after day. I warned the last one that if I got another call I would blow a whistle down the receiver, very loudly. Haven't had one since!

Agree with griff, definitely harness & double ended lead, Karen.

A couple of conversations today ...

Unknown caller on phone: Please may I speak to Mr Cooper?

Me: This is Ms Cooper speaking, there is no Mr Cooper.

Caller: I wish to speak to Mr Danzil Cooper please.

Me: That is my name, and I am Ms Cooper. Can I help you?

Caller: No, I wish to speak to Mr Danzil Cooper.

Me: May I ask who is speaking please?

Caller, now exasperated and speaking slowly and clearly: Please may I speak to Mr Danzil Cooper?

Me: I am Danzil Rosemary Phebe Cooper. I am female. There is no Mr Cooper. What is this about?

Caller: I can't tell you that, I can only speak to Mr Danzil Cooper.

Me: You have the wrong information. I am Danzil Cooper, there is no other person of that name here, and I am a woman, right?

(Long silence)

Caller: You do not appear to understand me. I need to speak with Mr Danzil Cooper.

Me: You can't because there is no such person.

Caller gives sigh of despair and hangs up.

and the other one ...

Doglost helper rings me on mobile: Phebe, I just had a call from my son, he has seen a dog thief going round his estate, and he thinks this thief has caught Bones. Thief is driving a tatty looking X reg white Berlingo with a dog crate in the back and he can see a fair sized dog with a black tail with a white tip like Bones has. It has just gone down Thirlestone Drive and he is going to follow it in his van and try to recover Bones.

Me: That's not Bones, it's Wispa, and I am the thief in the white van!

I may be heading for an identity crisis. Not only do I appear to be a bloke, but a thieving scally at that. Better head back to the wood and hang out with all the other owls.

It sounds like you are leading a double life :laughingsmiley:

Oh dear Owl, I didn't realise you were such a reprobate...a man masquerading as a woman (and very well too, I might add, I'd never have known!) and also pretending to be an upstanding member of the community whilst really going around pinching dogs! I shall be looking round every corner for a rozzer now, as no doubt I was seen visiting your house and put on the suspect list!

You have missed out the canabis facory- alias geraniums