UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

I'm using Chrome and I can get smileys.

Well that is strange. I wonder why it made a difference to me changing browsers and yet you are using Chrome without a problem. I'm intrigued now!

Ooooh Alex fudge cake - I could wolf a peice of that myself.

edited for spellinz

Edited by Yantan

I'm using Firefox and have no smilies.

I've had a bit of an accident with my hole punch - had to thump it to cut though some paperwork and all of a sudden my mouse isn't connected to the PC! Who would have thought that a hole punch could cut through wire? Good job that I got some more batteries for the little wireless mouse.....

• Like 1

Well, I spoke to the man whose signature is on the pamphlet we got...he said it's by no means certain the strip mining will go ahead, as they have a lot of conditions to meet regarding noise, care of the environment etc. He assured me if the drainage was affected in any way and we were flooded (again!) they would take full responsibility and meet any costs. The noise bunds they put up are a minimum of 5metres high...that will be lovely to look at, don't you think?? I was on my way to the library later and saw someone I know who lives further in the estate and goes to the meetings of the local Housing Association, and she said according to them they've been told that when it's been done houses are going to be built on the land, but the info I got says definitely no building of any sort. I'm more confused than ever now!