UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

Morning all flowers.gif

Archie has the squits rolleyes.gif I've rung the dog walkers to warn them as they always bring their dog, Sadie, with them now as she and Archie have made such good buddies. They've decided to leave her at home this time in case it's anything catching. Apart from the dire rear The Archibald is is normal, cheerful, happy little self.

Today I am going to be making tomato soup biggrin.gif It'll be ready for lunch time so if anyone wants a bowl you know where I am.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are very happy because our neighbour "Hyacinth" has gone away for a week. On Saturday she was squeezed in the hedge round the back of her garage ranting at Wispa and the horses who were playing, and of course making Wispa a lot louder than she would otherwise have been. And we are even happier that we have just discovered a drainpipe going on to our place, illegally discharging all the runoff from the roof of her outhouses into our field. And madam had been moaning about living next to a muddy field :rolleyes: It doesn't really bother me as we normally have more of a problem with drought than damp, but if the hassles continue I will point it out.

Off to get eyes tested, will need new reading glasses I think.

Me too Marion!

Tis a lovely sunny day here on the plot, however I did lose the plot earlier, when I couldn't get the lid off the manure pellets. After 15 minutes I gave up and hit the lid a few times with my chillington hoe. It made a very satisfying smash sound as it cracked and splintered. Lol.

We are very happy because our neighbour "Hyacinth" has gone away for a week. On Saturday she was squeezed in the hedge round the back of her garage ranting at Wispa and the horses who were playing, and of course making Wispa a lot louder than she would otherwise have been. And we are even happier that we have just discovered a drainpipe going on to our place, illegally discharging all the runoff from the roof of her outhouses into our field. And madam had been moaning about living next to a muddy field :rolleyes: It doesn't really bother me as we normally have more of a problem with drought than damp, but if the hassles continue I will point it out.

Off to get eyes tested, will need new reading glasses I think.

Can you get someone athletic to get up to wherever the drainpipe goes onto your field and reroute it back onto her garden? It's for her own good after all, saving water in case we develop a drought!

She does sound slightly unhinged!

No sign of Bones, I take it?

Owl your neighbour sounds as delightful as mine. Wouldn't it be great to set them at each other laugh.gif

For years I have played the let's-placate-the-nutty-neighbour game and the one time I didn't and gave her a taste of her own medicine things got much worse - so do be careful, although I do think you will handle things with her with great aplomb flowers.gif unlike me rolleyes.gif

Alex and Marge - soups up! And if I do say so myself it's delish biggrin.gif

Alex and Marge - soups up! And if I do say so myself it's delish biggrin.gif

I suppose it's all gone now? :unsure:

I'm off to sunny Coventry tomorrow - I'll wave on my way past Marge :wavey:

Come up to the allotment, I can give you a cuppa and you can play with the dogs :biggrin:

I can't believe I spent six hours at the allotment!! Doesn't time fly when you don't wear a watch. :rolleyes:

Got loads done, six rows of onions allin and covered with fleece. dug some beds over, weeded and planted another rhubarb plant. Doesn't sound a lot, but there were approximately 120 onions in the six rows! :laugh:

Well done with the lotty, Marge :flowers:

I am getting new glasses on Thurs. Besides reading glasses, I need new distance ones as mine are now far too strong. No wonder my eyes feel so tired. :closedeyes:

No sign of Bones the husky. All we can do is wait until someone catches a glimpse of her out rabbitting. I'm going to ask her people for some of the flyers they printed, to hand out to the horse riders who use our road.