UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fantastic Fabulisms

merledogs

Thank you for the good wishes. We went to see him yesterday and he is gorgeous. Very quiet so far and very cute! I am so pleased for my sister and her husband, they will make fab parents!

So much to catch up on...Maria awwwwwww so cute.

Alex, I wish you could do my garden. It's such a sun trap everything wilts in the summer if I dare go away for a day or two!

Good news for one, fingers crossed for the other one Owl.

and my brain is fried...off to reread :laugh:

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning :tired:

Steph I hope you feel better soon mate Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

We have been to Manchester (and back!)

This one does have a white blaze....

Charlie cocker says 'hello' :wub:

ca6c66fa.jpg

Hi Maria :wavey: What an adorable little chap wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

I have the mother of all headaches so I haven't read everything but have a Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif if anybody needs one.

So sad to hear about Whitney Houston :(

Edited by merledogs

Kitty cat, sorry to hear you are poorly again. Try tucking a pillow. Under your knees when lying on your back as it can help ease the pressure, or between your knees if on your side. It helps align the spine. If it's still hurting ask your Doctor for some painkillers that will also help you sleep, bad backs are awful and mixed with lack of sleep will make it worser for longer.

Yantan sorry to hear you are in pain too. It's pants.

Thank goodness for above zero temps. Well barely but waking up to minus eight yesterday at 9am did nothing for my motivation!

Steph I hope you get some relief from your troubles soon mate Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Owl that's excellent news about one dog at least and I'm glad to hear your sis has had some treatment and hopefully is feeling much better now flowers.gif

Maria - I knew you wouldn't be able to resist for too long. Charlie is a darling wub.gif My nephew has a wee Cocker spaniel pup who is coming along in leaps and bounds.

Alex I didn't particularly like Whitney but I am sad to hear of her death. She was a troubled lady and 48 is no age sad02.gif She squandered her talent to drugs sad01_anim.gif So sad.

Charlie cocker says 'hello' :wub:

ca6c66fa.jpg

:wub: :wub: Gorgeous

Steph, I hope you feel better soon. :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: For Owl's sister

Glad your dad is improving Michelle, lots of good thoughts for Scoobs too. :flowers:

congratulations on your new nephew Mary :flowers:

:GroupHug: for anyone I have missed

We bought a couple of new phones yesterday. Blummin' heck, I have spent hours setting both of them up, bookmarking websites, downloading my kindle books and audio books. (Keith doesn't do technology). Anyway, so far so good, all in all, quite pleased. I find the android system just as good, if not better, than the ipod.

RMF: back to work tomorrow, "wibble" :unsure:

Great cards Sandra flowers.gif That is very good thinking for Valentines day. You may save some bloke from getting the cold shoulder laugh.gif

Mind you if they sign it in the same fashion as my brother did one year - "To Debbie. All the best, Gary" - they may find themselves in trouble anyway rolleyes.gif

No coffee? That's a cruel punishment, what did you do?

I'm off out, yes, me! I heard about a group called Red Hats - for 'ladies of a certain age' who want to meet up with like minded folk - all groups are different, and I am lucky, ours is a very active group with the emphasis on fun (one of the activities is Tobogganing in August)but this morning is just coffee at the local garden centre.

Rant Alert!!

I have steam coming out of my ears! Boss & family are away this week and yet again they have turned off the heating to the whole house and my office!! They have for once left me a very tiny electric fan heater but it simply cannot hope to heat this room which is a single skinned garage conversion with huge windows and two external doors!! I am freeeeeezing and my hands are stiff with cold.

On top of that last week bosses wife bought an antique china service off ebay and when it came it wasn't as described so I spent last week sorting out the dispute for her and eventually getting the seller to agree a full refund on return. I told bosses wife the set would need to go back fully tracked and insured and she said it would cost about £35 as she had to pay that to have it delivered in the first place.... that was last Wednesday, and they went on holiday Sunday .... so why have I come into work this morning to find 2 large cardboard crates in the middle of the office with a note asking ME to take them to the post office in office time this morning and send them fully tracked and I'd be reimbursed when they come home next week?!!! I can barely lift the boxes one at a time, so just how in the hell am I expected to try and get these to a post office on my own??? I'm also narked that it's just assumed I can afford to pay for them and wait for them to come back for my refund - OK I can afford it but thats not the point, its been a very expensive month so far so things are tight and it could have put me in an awkward position. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Snow, could you look at a courier that does door stop collection? I'm sure the lovely MSE people on the ebay forum will be able to advise. Oh, and I'd also go home and do your work from there. No one has to work in ice cold conditions.

How is the house hunting going...sounds like you have a free week for finding the perfect new abode!!

Snow, could you look at a courier that does door stop collection? I'm sure the lovely MSE people on the ebay forum will be able to advise. Oh, and I'd also go home and do your work from there. No one has to work in ice cold conditions.

How is the house hunting going...sounds like you have a free week for finding the perfect new abode!!

Couriers are no good as they dont tend to have a workable collection "window" and MSE generally dont advise a courier when you need to prove tracking for an ebay claim (this is several hundreds), as it is the cleaner helped me get them in my car and hubby came with me this afternoon to post them this of course was in "my" time not work time so I am damned well making sure I finish early tomorrow to make up for it. I fully intend to do most of my hours from home Wednesday, I wouldn't go in at all but for the fact they've also made me responsible for the fish which have to be fed.

I went to view a house on Friday when I was at home, house wasn't really suitable they want too much given the amount of work that needs doing which includes either putting in a whole new staircase or lots of work to make the existing death trap safe (why oh why oh why do people remove banisters and varnish wooden risers?) We're still not able to really narrow down what area we need to be in as hubby still hasnt got a job (and boy is that stressing me out) however we've got 1 on our short list for a 2nd viewing and both of us really like it.