UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fantastic Fabulisms

merledogs

just go in and feed the fish and work from home. you should have left them to do the whole dispute if they are like that with you. some people ay?

The lady hasnt seen so many things written on a blood test form, or use so many bottles lol.

I went straight to mcdonalds for a large lattee

I get the results next thursday and hope it shows whats going on so it can be dealt with

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has just been offered on Sheffield Freecycle:

"This is a very well made kidney shaped dressing table with triple mirror. It was home made a long time ago but to a very good standard but has wear and tear. Dark wood, quite gothic. This item is haunted so don't ask for it unless you are prepared for a new member of the household."

:ohmy:

Wonder whether there will be hot competition or whether no one will touch it :laugh:

Brilliant Owl!!! Not volunteering then? :unsure:

Oh that's a shame Snow they've always been really helpful to me when I've asked for Couriers for certain deliveries / pick ups.

Yay - I finally made it back to the gym...but still have sore muscles, how I pull them is anyones guess. If they don't go soon, I'll ask a grownup how to get rid of them.

Baby nephew is jaundiced and is residing in a light incubator (or something) slightly stressful for sister as the mahoosive London hospital she is in, have 4 incubator light things...of which 2 of them are broken...and the other 2 were being used by other couples...they are now playing nicely and all sharing. Scarily though that the 2 working ones are donated by a charity. :ohmy:

My sleep pattern is still up the spout...

Happy Valentines day everyone!

Does anyone know how kittycat and Trawllm are? I don't think I've seen them since they said they were poorly.

Hope work is going well Marge.

Hope things are better today Snow.

Morning Alex and Jazz. Go easy on the postie Jazz :flowers:

That item on freecycle sounds interesting Owl, personally I wouldn't have it as it's not the right style for our house, but I'd want to know more about the ghost if I was interested...is it a friendly one, or not?

I watched the News this morning, Whitney Houston's body taken back to her home town and as the hearse drove to the funeral home, people were shouting Whitney! Whitney! did the silly beggars think she was going to pop up and wave??? (It wasn't a grief stricken wail, it was the sort of shout you do to get someone's attention.)

Brilliant Owl!!! Not volunteering then? :unsure:

Hope nephew recovers from the jaundice quickly. Incubator situation sounds worrying :unsure:

No, not making an offer for haunted dressing table. The cottage already has a few unseen and very well-mannered inhabitants who give the place a lovely warm homely feeling. Even Wispa accepts and mostly ignores them though sometimes you can see her watching someone walking through. It wouldn't do to land them with another one who might be more active, and might upset Wispa. Must admit I am intrigued, and would have loved to see the dressing table.

Happy Valentines Day!

I was woken up by a body massage (more of a Thai style than a gentle one!) and being smothered in kisses and told I was loved! Oh I love my doglets!

Then I looked at the clock, realised it was 8.15 and I was meant to be on a conference call with senior managers making notes for a project at 8.30 so had to dive out of bed and give the beasts breakfast quickly to be sure they did not bark for it during the call...... other people were in their offices on the call - I work from home so was in my nightie, dressing gown and slippers...... but they don't know that!

Happy Valentines day everyone!

Does anyone know how kittycat and Trawllm are? I don't think I've seen them since they said they were poorly.

Thanks for asking flowers.gif my back has very much improved from the weekend, just a minor ache now .

Happy Valentine's Day everyone liebe94.gif

I have a short shift in work today and most of that will no doubt be taken up by my appraisal meeting rolleyes.gif I wonder what bollox targets they will set me with this year, I hope I don't get stuck with Training and Recruitment again banghead.gif

Glad your back is feeling better Kittycat!

Owl, I'm glad I'm not the only one to be aware and accepting of the presence of unseen inhabitants...when I moved into my mother's very old cottage after her death we were often aware of footsteps coming down the stairs, plus the cats would wind themselves around invisble legs, and the dogs would sit and gaze (and wag) at someone only they could see. Like you, I didn't find anything other than friendliness from whoever they were, and although the cottage was half a mile from other houses, down a very dark lane surrounded by rocks and trees, I never felt afraid alone there.

:ohmy: snow, what a bloody cheek they've got

Glad your better kittycat, hope Lesleys ok as well :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I'd be facinated by the dressing table although i agree moving a spirit in could be troublesome with existing residents. I wonder what the haunting history is though, should imagine its a friendly spirit as the people are clued up about it and are warning people about it.If it was a bad un i should imagine that they'd dump it and hopefully be rid of it :unsure:

I have a short shift in work today and most of that will no doubt be taken up by my appraisal meeting rolleyes.gif I wonder what bollox targets they will set me with this year, I hope I don't get stuck with Training and Recruitment again banghead.gif

Good luck with your appraisal flowers.gif and pleased you are feeling better Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Interesting stuff about "unseen presences". I well remember just after moving in here George looking up at "something" and then sitting to present a paw. His leg moved as though someone was shaking it. He stood up and wagged his tail and did the bum wiggle as tho someone was there that he was very pleased to see.

For a few weeks after that I used to smell pipe tobacco from time to time even though no one smokes and we don't allow smoking in the house.

That was over 11 years ago and apart from those two things happening in the first couple of months here there's been nothing since.

Most folk who visit here say the house has a nice peaceful atmosphere and one friend in particular says she just goes "aahhh" and relaxes as soon as she comes in.

Steph I love the photos on your signature wub.gif wub.gif and I'm glad your back is feeling better flowers.gif

Murtle sending good wishes for your little nephew and hoping he's soon over the jaundice bless him.

Buddyboy what a lovely way to wake up to Valentine's day even if the massage part was a bit full on laugh.gif I got woken up by a little impatient yip as a certain person wanted to go out and tell the birds off for having the temerity to be in his garden without the requisite permission and passport checks.