UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

Hey Alex every cloud has a silver lining eh laugh.gif Does this mean though you might have to do your presentation at another time?

It's absolutely tipping it down here.

I've just had my brother round - the one whose son is getting the puppy. I was asking him some searching questions about how they plan to deal and cope with the pup. Seems like he is happy to take advice off a work-mate rather than me rolleyes.gif It's all "well we'll see how we go" and "I haven't worked that one out yet".

I couldn't find my copy of Gwen Bailey's puppy book whilst he was here but have now. I'll drop it off with them though I am not sure if they will bother reading it - after all having a mate at work that's had a puppy is all you need rolleyes.gif I got told "well we'll just have to manage as best we can, it'll get worked out. Other people manage". I also asked about his wife and how she wouldn't be able to cope with puppy mess etc.. I got told "she'll just have to get used to it". I know this pup is going to cause major rows with his missus - she has no idea just what hard work a puppy can be and this is going to cause her mega stress. Plus when are they getting the puppy? Yes, Christmas rolleyes.gif

There's been no check on them by the breeder who is quite happy to hand over the pup for the money. My nephew went on his own and the breeder didn't ask about other family members or what plans this young lad had for looking after the pup. And then people wonder why I am so anti breeders. I rest my case.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Alex every cloud has a silver lining eh laugh.gif Does this mean though you might have to do your presentation at another time?

I am angling to do it by Webex rather than having to stand up in front of the director. I can't wait to see the video, I may wee myself laugh.gif

It's a shame people don't really research what they are getting into before getting a dog dry.gif

RMF : Been to Aldi then Sainsburys. I have bought new shoes and they have heels and everything ohmy.gif I got my SS doggie pressie plus a few bits for my lot for Christmas from Aldi. They've got lots of doggie stuff in.

Knackered so am probably going to have a nap shortly :tired:

I'm a bit :wacko: at the moment...I went for my three monthly check up at the haematology clinic, and the doctor frowned at me and informed me that the blood platelet count was up, had I been forgetting my pills? I said the odd one maybe, but not on a regular basis. He noticed me rubbing my hand and asked what was wrong and I said gout, apparently! Ah..says he...that explains the blood count being up. I'll write to your GP and he'll have to give you some tablets to take to calm it down, and then once it has settled, you'll have to take other tablets to stop it flaring up. Wonder what's caused it, says I? oh, that's the tablets you are taking for your blood, says he! :rolleyes: So, I'm now going to have to take yet another daily tablet (for ever apparently) to counteract the effects caused by the blasted tablets! I know Jazz you are probably thinking well, so what and I know compared to you I shouldn't be complaining, but I'm fed up with it all.

Im not thinking that hun, but know what you mean. ive got diabetes from the pills I take. I take about 20 a day, 4 are for diabetes lol

2 give me low immunity, so get any bugs going.

just had a knock on the door. do I know anyone wanting a bichon frieze? resident dog is attacking her. Just waiting to hear if shes coming here or shes already been given away

oh yes, im taking a break from fostering lol

Evening on this smashing Friday night :biggrin:

:GroupHug: Suzeanna

Pleased you enjoyed yourself last night Alex

Was up til the early hours finishing off an assignment so I could get it marked today. 2 more to do then the exam. Haven't touched the house this week. It's a tip so need to sort some things out tonight.

Off out with the litle chap.

Amy, those cakes look yummy :flowers:

:GroupHug: to Suzeanna

Hope Timmy is feeling better soon, apparently Pro kaolin is good to help dogs tummies, alternatively probiotic natural yoghurt :flowers:

Someone has given me the lurgy :angry: Felt quite poorly at work yesterday, but as one of the other opticians had phoned in sick, I didn't want to leave them short. Especially as I had to supervise my student and do all the diabetic screenings. The management were lovely and said I could go home if I wanted. Only reason I stayed was because I had a riding lesson last night (always feel much better when I am riding, dunno why :unsure: ) If I would have fallen off Blue in my lesson, questions would have been asked why I was riding if I wasn't well enough to work :rolleyes: Still feel rubbish this morning, but am still going in.

Sorry to run and go and not respond to everyone but just wanted to let you all know that I got the job :biggrin: and am going in today to do my health and safety course - look out Asda here I come :thumbsup_anim:

Fantastic, well done! :biggrin: :flowers:

:GroupHug: Timmy, hope you feel better today.

Great cakes there Amy :biggrin:

:flowers: For everyone I've missed.

Off to do battle in the shops. I may be some time :unsure: