UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:biglaugh: love them!!!

Just had a lovely night out with the guys from work. One of the directors bought me a drink. Think I surprised some of the guys though as I was drinking pints (whilst they supped cocktails!!). Think my student is trying to set off a rumour though as he left at the same time as me :rolleyes: The fact that we went in different directions won't feature on the radar of the work gossips :laugh:

Morning :flowers:

Glad you enjoyed your evening Gooster :biggrin:

Enjoy your evening tonight Alex :flowers:

:laugh: :laugh: Michelle.

I'm off to my course soon. Hope the lunch is good :laugh:

I had some cream from the GP last week, for possible contact dermatitis on my hands. I bought some cotton gloves to wear at night and they were delivered yesterday. How come I woke up only wearing one this morning?? :unsure: I can't find the other one anywhere and I'm sure I haven't eaten it during the night :laugh:

Murtle great video! flowers.gif And here's a nice gentle Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for Cocoa

Steph I am impressed with your cake.

Love your photos Sandra biggrin.gif

I am still feeling under the weather and have not been made to feel any better on finding out that my 19 year old nephew is getting a puppy. My brother, his dad, is all for it as he's wanted a dog for a long time but the problem is his wife is really, really house proud - to the point of obsession.

She really doesn't want a dog - she's not anti-dog, she's always made a fuss of my two and was especially fond of my Georgie Porgie - it's just she couldn't cope with one living in her house. She's given way now because the rest of them have worn her down. She's laid down certain conditions which they've all agreed too - like the dog has to live in the kitchen and won't be allowed in the rest of the house - but I know my brother and his kids are thinking that once they have the pup she will give way on this rolleyes.gif

Oh! and not to mention that my brother and nephew both work full time, my niece is going to college part time but has a casual job that often requires her there on the days she's not at college and my S-I-L also works part time. What happens to the puppy when they are all out of the house? mecry.gifAll in all I think it's a recipe for disaster angry.gif

It's a shame they don't have dummy puppies (like those dolls they give teenagers to discourage early pregnancies) so people know exactly what they are letting themselves in for :rolleyes:

Today is going so slowly, I don't even start work until 5 so can only imagine it's going to be a long day :rolleyes:

its like a friend came to me yesterday. her friends been left with the children and 2 staffys. she wants to rehome the dogs. one has mange, no hair at all. why didnt she take him to the vet? she did, needs special stuff, will cost £70 so she would rather rehome the 2 dogs. and shes waiting till hes bald?

gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Evening :flowers:

:mad: and :mad: for the dogs.

:flowers: Marion.

well, my training was interesting, but the heating went off so we were freezing! :rolleyes:

Our allotment site has made it to the local press :unsure:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/2011/11/24/sheds-torched-at-hawkesbury-s-shilton-lane-allotments-92746-29834791/

We have our AGM on Sunday, I might suggest having a whip round for those badly affected.

Our allotment site has made it to the local press :unsure:

http://www.coventryt...92746-29834791/

We have our AGM on Sunday, I might suggest having a whip round for those badly affected.

Well not a good way to make the press. You've got to wonder at the mentality of the arses that go round doing this sort of stuff angry.gif

The whip round sounds like a good idea biggrin.gif I'm sure other allotment users would like to think that the same would be done for them of it happened to them and therefore would be happy to donate.

Evening

Pleased you had a good evening out Gooster

Hope your day went well Alex

Pleased Trudy can now get on the sofa, despite Ruby :rolleyes:

Fergus wasn't allowed in the rest of the house and used to be shoved out into the garden because he drooled and whined too much. The final straw (and stroke of luck for him) was the couple bought a villa in Spain and decided after sorting out his passport and rabies jabs that it would be too expensive to take him over there for weekends. She was really house proud.

I can never get my head around why people think they can't be ar*ed paying for vet bills for THEIR dog so they expect to offload onto someone else who should. Ay? How does that work then?

Sorry you're not feeling better Marion. :GroupHug:

Ringing round the family to see how they all are tonight. That will be fun. BIL has cancer and is about to have an urgent operation, stepmum can't walk far and has all sorts wrong with her has been frail for quite some time, my dad who she relies heavily on for day to day things, can hardly walk himself as is losing all feeling in his legs and is about to have an operation on his spine in the home it will sort him out, mil still hasn't had her scan to determine why she had a heart attack and what the damage is and is now having trouble breathing. I'm not thinking of any of this otherwise I think I'd go mad so I don't need any hugs. My way of describing is I've shoved it all in a box and booted it out the way while I get on with normal things and try to help where I can.

Aw Fergus, poor baby. I am glad he found a proper mummy in the end Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

It's really blowing a gale here tonight. I can hear several wheelie bins being blown about in our back lane. I hope our chimney stack stays put. I always get nervous now after the storm of 2005 when some of it was blown down.

At the moment the noise of the tumble drier is masking a lot of the outside wind - it's making noises it shouldn't be making so I expect it's going to either blow up soon or just stop dead. Just hope it lives long enough to dry my favourite pyjamas.

its like a friend came to me yesterday. her friends been left with the children and 2 staffys. she wants to rehome the dogs. one has mange, no hair at all. why didnt she take him to the vet? she did, needs special stuff, will cost £70 so she would rather rehome the 2 dogs. and shes waiting till hes bald?

gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Does she not qualify for RSPCA or PDSA treatment?

The RSPCA can prosecute for failure to provide veterinary treatment.

Morning :tired: and double :tired: :tired:

The meeting started late yesterday and didn't finish until just before six, then I had to rush home, sort the dogs, get changed and get back for 6.30. Then out to dinner and got home about 10. It was a very long day. I had one white wine spritzer at 6.30 and then diet coke all night. The senior director was hilarious though, he stuck two fingers up at me at one point and we had him sucking helium out of a balloon and singing (and video'd him doing it) laugh.gif Would definitely not recommend the restaurant, the food was awful and obviously not freshly cooked and the waitress was the most miserable unwelcoming person rolleyes.gif

Oh, and because we started late, I never got to do my presentation rolleyes.gif