Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:partytime: Loobie

:GroupHug: for doglets with poorly tums

The weather here is grim and Rufus said no to walks once he realised we wasn't going to the car :rolleyes: Gypsy didn't even get down the path so me and Phoenix had a stress free stroll (old man style) round the park. I am getting back in my PJs to slob for the rest of the day :biggrin:

Morning

dum di dum diddly dee oh that looks good - there you go Marion all shiny and new :biggrin:

Loobie I'm absolutely thrilled for you. Well done. Great timing and I'm sure a weight off your mind :flowers:

Gooster hope you start to feel better as the day goes on :GroupHug:

Hope you get everything you need Marge. The town was rammed yesterday here :flowers:

Poorly tums and squitty botts in dogs - there is some fab stuff I have used on several occasions that helps them really quickly. I haven't got any in at the mo otherwise I'd send you some - gut-rite and you can get it from www.petcetera.co.uk

busy busy day here dogs walked and fed, some housework done and tidied up a bit.

Edited by Jacobean

oh congrats Loobie...very well done :flowers:

ahhhhhhhhh poor Timmy :GroupHug: :GroupHug: hope he is better soon

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm those cakes do look lovely :flowers:

Houndzrus.... you are a brave lady going to town, made that mistake yesterday :rolleyes: i had to wait an hour for a bus as 3 had followed each other out of town :angry:

walked the dogs.... i am sick to death of people with dogs that they can't control or recall, it is making our life hell, i have been polite and asked nicely now they just get a mouthful :laugh:

my good deed for the day was sweeping up the broken beer bottle that some doughnut had smashed .... right on the pathway up to the field hopefully saved a few people a trip to the emergency vets :biggrin:

apologies for not reading all the way back and if i have missed anyone who needs them :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Hope you get everything you need Marge. The town was rammed yesterday here :flowers:

I got nothing that I went for, but seemed to spend a lot anyway :rolleyes:

His tum has settled down a bit but he hasn't had anything to eat since last night. Will see how he gets on after his tea.

Gentle squishes for Timmy :wub:

Houndzrus.... you are a brave lady going to town, made that mistake yesterday

Oooh I don't do town if I can help it, such a depressing place. Only made it to Bell Green and the Range, that was bad enough! :laugh:

I know what you mean about numpty owners, so annoying. :mad:

RMF: I fancied getting back into drawing again, as I haven't done any for years. I now have some pencils, some art media, (Whatever that is) and some sketch pads. I also have the equivalent of writers block! bit nervous about putting anything on paper. :laugh:

Oooh Marge fab. I really wish I could draw but I'm hopeless.

I've got a dilemma and I really don't know what to do. Parents are looking for a new home for their African Grey parrot. Martyn has said he can come here if I want him to. We were supposed to be inheriting him so it's made me think boo hoo I thought he was coming here but oh hell not exactly great timing. I'm worried our household as it stands might be too potty for him, he could be stressed/frightened and because I don't know parrots I might not realise and he could have a heart attack in fright. I don't know how the Viz will behave. I think they'll both just think great another pet. Scoobs will more than likely think dinner has arrived. Would he get used to a bird being in part of the house he didn't have access to or would it stress the hell out of him because he would want to get to it and couldn't? I know next to nowt about parrots. Martyn used to have birds of prey and has handled this one. He clipped his claws today.

Morning :tired:

Been up and down with Timmy since 3am, so both of us are knackered :tired: No idea what's causing his poorly tum, he's eaten exactly the same as the others and they are all fine.

Good luck with the drawing Marge flowers.gif

Michelle - what a dilemma :(

Could someone please rub me out and draw me again? Thank you.

Me too, I don't want to play with the grown ups any more mecry.gif

Alex so sorry Timmy is still poorly :GroupHug: Ash is like that when her stomach ulcer is playing up is there any chance he could have one? just a suggestion to possibly rule out.

Michelle sorry I have absolutely no suggestions, but have a :GroupHug:

Thank you all so much for your kind messages about my job :flowers: :flowers: All I have to do now is to prove to them I am good enough to be kept on after Christmas as at the moment it is only temporary. Back in again today at 9am for more training

Thanks Loobie - I will give him a couple of days to see if it settles down and if not take him to the vets flowers.gif It was quite mucusy so am wondering whether he's got colitis.

It's blowing a hoolie here, but at least it's blown all the leaves off my drive and over the road biggrin.gif

Edited by merledogs

:GroupHug: hope Timmy is feeling better soon.

No suggestions here Michelle, is a trail run possible?

Morning :wavey:

I much prefered my family when lived 9000 miles away :rolleyes: they do nothing but create drama, I never thought I'd say this but its was much better when it was just my Mother living here. Roll on January when they move out!

Afternoon

Have done another assignment so the rest of the day is mine

Have had proper conversation with Martyn re parrot. Both of us are more than willing to take him in but the interaction between him and the dogs is a big worry, I think it could prove too stressful for him and/or Scooby. It would mean in the future it would be more difficult to introduce new rescue dogs and to me it's a lifetime commitment. I won't give up on an animal and they live to a good age. So we've come to the conclusion that we may not be the right/best home for him and he is their problem and it's in their hands and on their consciences to do the right thing by him. I can't take on the responsibility and worry for every creature. I'm sure we'll be taking in their dog at some point. It's telling that he came over to me yesterday and asked me to take him out for a walk. Didn't bother going to his own folks.