UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marge I think you've done a really nice drawing there flowers.gif

It isn't half pizzen down here. I've been to the dentist (it's in another town) and the roads were bloody awful going and even worse coming back. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some road closures before too long if the rain keeps up.

We met a man and his little dog when we went out for a walk and he commented on how bright eyed and bushy tailed Archie was despite the awful weather. I told him as long as Archie is out he doesn't care what the weather is doing. He, on the other hand, had had to go back to his dog and put her lead on as otherwise she was flat out refusing to budge because she doesn't like the rain. She did look miserable and was giving Archie a withering "are you feckin nuts" look laugh.gif

Archie wub.gif Mine pretty much don't mind what the weather is doing usually, but if it's raining hard then Max and Timmy will hide behind mummy's legs wub.gif

It's pizzing down here too, but at least the wind has died down from half an hour ago - it was so bad that I could see 4 cars from my window which all had their car alarms going off (side lights were flashing).

Bad weather here as well sad01_anim.gif t'was very unpleasant before, just glad I was inside for it.

Alex you should go to your staff do, especially if they are paying for it cool04.gif

Why does nothing ever arrive fast enough, I've been waiting very patiently for 2 whole days for my order to arrive laughingsmiley.gif

Haven't been on for a few days so sorry for what I've missed.

Inspired by Cheryl's Ian I have given up smoking :biggrin: Don't know why I did the grin smiley as I'm actually feeling like this :grrr: :mad: :angry: :laughingsmiley: I think Richard was glad to go back to the UK to work for a few days :laughingsmiley:

We have mice - lots of mice. They are also getting cheekier and bolder and will appear during the day and sit and laugh at me. Tiffy is a JRT/staffie cross and an excellent mouser in the garden or fields nearby but appears not to notice them in the house. They laugh at her too. I can't do the traps or the poison so we are trying the things that you plug in that emit a noise that sends the mice fleeing. So far it seems to be working in the lounge/dining rooms and bedrooms but not in the kitchen/utility rooms where it's actually more important that they work. Don't know what to do next :-(

Evening. Weather horrid here too.

Pleased you got a better night's kip Alex. You should go out and enjoy yourself. But I'm always exactly like you on that one. :flowers:

Well done Eve. :flowers:

Like the drawing Marge. You've done the nose really well :flowers:

Passed my assignment. One more to do.

Edited by Jacobean

Sorry I've not kept up, and now I'm going to moan!

I've had a cold since the start of November, I felt better after a couple of weeks but it's still lingering leaving me snuffly and out of breath for the last couple of weeks! Today I popped into Boots to ask for some syrup for my chest and the pharmacist was concerned about my chest and so didn't want to sell me anything and told me to go to the drop in centre. So off I go like a muppet...wait an hour for a nurse to tell me she doesn't like prescribing antibiotics and that I should go home and have a cuddle... :wacko: Luckily last week I made an appointment for this week...which is tomorrow so hopefully my Dr will be able to help as getting out of breath walking to the car is ridiculous. Especially as I have another belly dancing routine to learn!!

Marge your wolf looks fab!

Alex, I know how you feel about planning in advance of going out :laugh:

Good luck ladies with the cake mixes!

Hope all poorly dogs are getting better.

Snow I haven't seen an update on your Mom, I hope she is recovering well and that her treatment is working.

quote name='merledogs' timestamp='1322548561' post='928890'

RMF : I had a lovely sleep last night, full 7 hours which is highly unusual for me

There's nothing like a good night's sleep :biggrin:

quote name='loobie' timestamp='1322564378' post='928897'

Ash is spending today chilling

:wub:

He, on the other hand, had had to go back to his dog and put her lead on as otherwise she was flat out refusing to budge because she doesn't like the rain. She did look miserable and was giving Archie a withering "are you feckin nuts" look [

That's just like Cherry with Jack :laugh:

Why does nothing ever arrive fast enough, I've been waiting very patiently for 2 whole days for my order to arrive

I share your pain. i'm waiting on some things for me. They have been "shipped", but must be on a very slow boat! :laugh:

Passed my assignment. One more to do.

Yay, well done :biggrin:

I've had a cold since the start of November, I felt better after a couple of weeks but it's still lingering leaving me snuffly and out of breath for the last couple of weeks!

Hope you feel better soon, but if the breathlesness gets any worse, get down to A&E. A few years ago, I couldn't shift a flu like virus. My Gp said my chest was clear and "there;s a lot of it about". Two days later I was in hospital with pneumonia. it can come on really quickly. :flowers:

Thanks for the comments on my sketch. I have had another go tonight and I can't believe how the time flies. It's quite frustrating as I change the bits that are wrong, but then also rub out a good bit. I shall come back to this one another day. Very much a work in progress.

d6e81fa8.jpg

my boss left work early this afternoon, so just before he left I asked him if it was still ok for me to work from home tomorrow afternoon. He said of course, but he didn't remember discussing it. That's probably because we didn't, i just didn't get round to asking him sooner. :laugh:

Well done Michelle biggrin.gif flowers.gif

Murtle I hope you get sorted out soon. These things can turn nasty so I'm relieved to see you are seeing your doctor flowers.gif

Marge you are doing really well with the drawing - practice, practice, practice is the key. I found this out when I went to art classes a few years ago. I was rubbish at the beginning but I was producing some half-way decent stuff by the time I'd finished. Also I have always been told you should never rub out!

I've just had the most marvellous offer! 6 weeks in South Africa staying in a villa with its own pool in the Cape Town suburbs for free in exchange for looking after the owners 4 dogs and 1 cat whilst she is Europe. I can't go for many reasons, not least because of Archie but oh how I wish I could.

Great pic Marge :flowers:

Get well soon Murtle :GroupHug:

Congratulations Michelle :biggrin:

That's a fab offer Marion, you could always send my sister in your place, 6 weeks away from her sounds bliss :laugh:

Glad you got a good nights sleep Alex :)

Today I will mostly be sat around waiting for the postman to bring me my mail, then off to battle the postoffice :rolleyes: