UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've just got back from the emergency vets :ohmy: We gave the dogs some shank bones, which they have had so many times before but somehow Rufus split it and got it wedged in the roof of his mouth! £70 later and the vet literally popped it out with a pair of forceps :rolleyes: He's on his bed now without a care in the world :wub:

Ouch poor Rufus :GroupHug:

Can't believe I'm back in work tomorrow I still feel shattered! I also know there's been a "crisis" while I was away judging by the emails sitting unread in my HOME email inbox which I am refusing to even open, they damned well knew where I was going and whats going on for me with mum so I'm miffed that they even thought to bother me when I'm "off duty".

On a lighter note I am now in the 21st Century with a phone which connects to the interwebernet and has a qwerty keyboard :ohmy: and I didn't even need a new phone :wacko: we went to get one for hubby who broke his and the very nice man in phones 4 U showed us some really good deals - I never even knew there was such a thing as a pay as you go upgrade, but it meant that we could have £90 phones for £39.99 - bargain!! So we got one each - Nick said we aren't allowed out on our own again to go shopping for technology as obviously salesmen see us coming a mile off - we only wanted a basic phone which made calls and sent texts :laugh: however I had the last laugh as Nick then decided to go and see what deals were on offer himself and check out that we hadn't been "ripped off" next thing I get a call from him saying "Luke" (the salesman) said hi and had managed to sell him an iphone!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I still haven't stopped laughing!

Morning :tired:

Snow that's just not on them contacting you when they know what you're dealing with dry.gif At the phone saga laugh.gif

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to Alex :flowers: have you tried any of the SAD lamps? I have a sunrise alarm clock which I find really helps. You can also set it to sunset as you go to sleep. I think it's brilliant, have had it for about 5 years now.

I haven't tried one, but might treat myself to one for Christmas. It's not just the mornings though, it's the whole day rolleyes.gif

Scoobs was laying in his bed gazing at me with the most loving exression last night for ages. Bless him

Awwww wub.gif Taffy's got more of a wuss lately - he was always more independent but comes to mummy for cuddles all the time now, must be cos he's old.

We've just got back from the emergency vets :ohmy: We gave the dogs some shank bones, which they have had so many times before but somehow Rufus split it and got it wedged in the roof of his mouth! £70 later and the vet literally popped it out with a pair of forceps :rolleyes: He's on his bed now without a care in the world :wub:

Awful when that happens, I've had to hoik bits of bone out of gobs a few times. Glad Rufus is better now flowers.gif

RMF: Feeling every single one of my 46 years this morning - I've got a cold and my shoulders and neck are still sore. Oh woe rolleyes.gif

Edited by merledogs

Snow i am absolutely disgusted that your employer contacted you whilst you were on leave..... it would be bad enough if you were just on holiday but caring for a very sick relative :angry: bang out of order :angry:

Merledogs, i have a sad lamp for Laney, it did seem to help him, you only need to plug it in for 45 minutes a day :flowers: have you considered looking into supplements for SAD?? i think 5 htp is good for that but you would need to research it :flowers:

Kittycat glad your dog is o.k, laney did that once but hurt a tooth, cost me £200 at the emergency vet who couldn't do anything as i had already given him a painkiller :rolleyes:

awwwwwww bless Scoobs, i keep looking at diez with her grey face and wonder where the 11 years have gone :wub:

i got very excited this morning as i saw a goldfinch in my garden..... first time i have seen it :biggrin:

freddie is getting more senile. when he drinks or eats, he forgets to stop. he just keeps putting the food in his mouth till he chokes, so ive now got to hold the bowl and take it off him when hes taken so much. hes a darling so worth it

has anyone got experience of MRA? its on from parkinsons. thank you x

Merledogs, i have a sad lamp for Laney, it did seem to help him, you only need to plug it in for 45 minutes a day :flowers: have you considered looking into supplements for SAD?? i think 5 htp is good for that but you would need to research it :flowers:

Thanks, will have a Google flowers.gif

RMF : The muppetry (with one particular nob) at work continues.