UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depression is an awful disease, I do hope that Ruby can somehow get herself out of it with some professional help and that you can get your friend back Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Is she on any sort of medication do you know? (PM me if you don't want to say on here.)

Had a lovely walk with the dogs. New wellies felt quite tight around the widest part of my feet (because they are neoprene lined they are meant to be a snug fit) but once I walked around for a while they were fine. I usually don't wear socks with my neoprene wellies cos they are so warm, but cos I could feel they were going to rub on the heel I wore two pairs socks to prevent blisters, so the wellies were tighter than they usually would be.

I've hoovered and am having a cuppa while I decide what to tackle next.

Its interesting whats been said about facebook.... There seems to be two camps on there. Those with depression and easily bullied and the other camp led by a few who conduct hate campaigns and try to put as many torturous photos on as they can. People strive to be seen to be on the right side which is the camp that points fingers at "lesser people" rather than become the accused. I wonder how many attempted suicides facebook members are responsible for. When I was ill and waiting for an op it was easier to post on FB than have to follow threads and string a sentence together

Afternoon

Had a lie in and an easy start to the day. Lovely bright day here

I can't knock Facebook as there are lots of volunteers & supporters on there that are helping Oldies Club and helping to keep us going. You can argue that many of those people used to be on forums such as this but we have to get the help where we can and a lot of the folk are people I've never heard of before. There are plenty of people who have disappeared that aren't on Facebook or other forums either so I can only assume this is down to circumstances changing in their lives. I worry about a few of them and just hope they're ok.

Afternoon.

Hello Marion :wavey:

Jayne if you want a thudnershirt for future use let me know as I have a Batleys account and they had them stocked in my local one last time I went. If I had known they were doing them before I went I would have asked people :rolleyes:

Louie is thankfully not at all bothered by fireworks and will happily go out for a wee with them popping over head.

My friend has a cat that shot into her house probably due to fireworks yesterday. Shes keeping her safe in her spare room for now whilst we try and find her owner. Very affectionate and talkative.

Louie would be interested in secret santa if taking place. Could I ask that if possible that I not have cats again as have them for past couple of times and not being a cat person I really dont know what sort of things to go for even though I get given suggestions :laugh:

Some aspects of facebook really bother me, there does seem to be an awful lot of people on there who very easily get the wrong end of the stick, either by not reading things properly, or by believing everything thats written or they are told without bothering to find out if its true or not - classic example is the woman thats targeting melp at the moment, she clearly misread something but rather than admitting she was wrong has now decided to wage a hate campaign against melp and against DNB and shes got a load of dozy followers who believe everything she posts, that kind of thing bothers the hell out of me, its cyber-vigilantism and its not the first example I've seen on there either nor sadly will it be the last.

The other thing that bugs me are some of the very very graphic and gruesome photos that I cannot avoid seeing, there have always been loads of people on my friends list who post abuse pics, but when they were thumbnails I had the choice whether to click on the pic to enlarge it or not, now that facebook has resized the wall photos I am frequently confronted with all kinds of truly awful pictures whenever I log in, frankly I know full well how bad abuse can get, if I want to see photos I can go look, but to be confronted with them first thing in the morning even before I've had my first coffee & fag is a bit much, of course I could choose to block those people, but then I'd lose touch with people I really do like having on my friends list. Its not that I object to the photos as such, I know people need to raise awareness etc. but I want to be able to choose just when I see them.

loobie, hope things look up for you soon.

Yantan, I am so sorry to hear about Ruby. It is very hard work coping with a friend with clinical depression.

I stay off Facebook mostly because it does my head in. It's been nice to hear from a couple of old friends, and it's useful for missing dogs and dog rescue generally. But often it's an excuse for people to be sanctimonious and to say things to people in public they wouldn't dare say to their face even in private, and to spread malicious gossip. The thread I just started about the hate campaign refers to something started on Facebook.

Lovely Molly pics :wub:

I'm a lurker but don't post often cause I don't think I have much to add...

Lots of good and bad news so :GroupHug: to everyone.

Cheryl, I'd love a secret santa opportunity please :flowers:

I've spent the day relaxing after drinking a little last night :unsure: ok, a little more than a little!!

There must be a whole other side to FB I've never encountered ohmy.gif. I only see status updates and photos on my news feed I got fed up of seeing posts from pages that I never even recalled liking. My only grip with FB is that all my friends are on there and they don't all get along so I end up having to screen my posts/ pictures from certain lists rolleyes.gif

Molly wub.gif I love that first picture Sandra, its lovely.

I said I go to an organised firework display tonight but it's freezing out there bigtonstuck.gif

Thanks Amy :flowers:

It has been busy on here today :) Lots to catch up on!!

Molly is :wub: :wub:

I do like FB, I did spend some time away from here a while back, due to having a rubbish laptop that took forever to start up and use, however now there is an app for IPB on my phone and iPad, I come here most days :)