UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Orations

merledogs

Morning :tired:

For the Owl family Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Have had a bad night - Timmy decided to jump on my head as he tends to do when he's very scared. I cuddled him into bed with me and he stayed really close to me all night. Every time I tried to move him away he clung to me like a limpet. He's still doing it now :( I really don't know what's wrong with him, he's done it a few times lately. I hope he's not going senile :(

My next exam case study arrived yesterday. Because this is the last exam in the series, it incorporates a lot of the other stuff into one big case study, with four mandatory questions (normally you get two mandatory ones based on a short case study, then another four of which you choose two). For this exam you get a 20 page booklet about a month before the exam with the case study in it. You then have to study up on the areas where you think the questions might arise. Having had a quick read through, this incorporates a lot of different elements. You can take as much study material into the exam with you as you like, which is a definite plus point. I have two Saturdays days at the study centre where they will take us through all the potential questions.

:GroupHug: Alex. Louie will sleep extremely close to me if I have gone to bed upset. Do you think Timmy piks up on your feelings as you said you were upset earlier this week.

Really fedup of doing long hours in work. At the moment I am spending more time in work than at home :mad: Am working tomorrow as well.

Owl..do you think your aunt finds it harder to accept your mum's condition because she's thinking to herself "that'll be me some time in the future" and it frightens her?

My son and his wife had to have their westie Rhum pts yesterday, with liver failure..the day after his 14th birthday. :mecry: Julie had him from an 8 week old pup, she's taking it very badly.

Poor Timmy, is there any pattern to when he's frightened Alex?

Does anyone know who Steve Jardine is please :unsure:

Doesn't seem to be. He was still clingy when I left this morning, it's very odd (and I'm very tired from him jumping on my head several times in the night :rolleyes: ).

:GroupHug: Alex. Louie will sleep extremely close to me if I have gone to bed upset. Do you think Timmy piks up on your feelings as you said you were upset earlier this week.

No, it's not that cos I'm okay now. He seems to hear something that I don't and will just shoot over and squeeze into me as close as he can. He usually does it when fireworks are going off. Hope you get some time at home soon :GroupHug:

My son and his wife had to have their westie Rhum pts yesterday, with liver failure..the day after his 14th birthday. :mecry: Julie had him from an 8 week old pup, she's taking it very badly.

For your and his wife :GroupHug:

Owl..do you think your aunt finds it harder to accept your mum's condition because she's thinking to herself "that'll be me some time in the future" and it frightens her?

Could be the case but I don't think so, knowing the people concerned. It's more that mum can do all kinds of things if she tries, she is actually less frail and more mobile than my aunt, and is to some point hamming it up. Mum sometimes forgets she can't walk without her frame and goes beetling round without even a stick, which understandably annoys aunt who finds walking quite painful but is determined not to give in. Aunt thinks the mental state is also hammed up to some extent because sporadically mum is quite lucid but I disagree. I could go over there and spend all day chivvying her up to take notice, trying to start conversations and finding things she might like on TV, and she would be just the same the next day. Aunt spent the week trying to get her to use her mind and is now back home completely cream crackered, while mum is just as vague as ever.

I am soooo tired because of Timmy's head jumping antics :tired: Not helped by the fact that I've just had my tea accompanied by a large glass of very nice Australian wine.

I went to B&Q on the way home and bought a few bits and pieces so if the weather holds I will be planting up tubs and killing weeds and stuff.

Morning :tired:

Had a better sleep last night and so did Timmy wub.gif

I planted up the tubs last night with a new Broom and a red Rhododendron. I was going to spray some weeds this morning but I am so feeble that I can't seem to turn the nozzle on the weedkiller to break the little flap of plastic rolleyes.gif Am going to have a rearrange this morning with the garden furniture and the tubs cos I fancy a change.