UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Orations

merledogs

Welcome home Sam and congrats on getting more work.

Alex, :GroupHug: for carppy work and :partytime: for results

Murtle, very glad you got most of your work back

:GroupHug: to all other having carp going on in their lives

Ditto to all that.

I have quite literally had carp going on in my life, which has been a challenge as I don't do fishes :laugh:

Problem now solved thank goodness. All 7 of my aunt's koi will be going to an experienced home in August. One of the Doglost co-ords is having them, and will organise catching and transport. They don't even have very far to travel. And a DVD will be made of the fishes in their new home, for my aunt to keep. Auntie is 85 and too unsteady on her feet to do fish and pond maintenance any longer. The pond is over 5 ft deep and she can't swim.

Thanks for all your thoughts. I spoke to my boss this morning. Apparently this person rang him last night to explain and smooth the waters over. (He didn't bother ringing me though :rolleyes: ) My boss said he was very complementary about me, and wants to keep me involved the project because apparently he couldn't do it without me. Anyway, my boss said if he invites me to a meeting I should make a judgement call on whether I feel it would be beneficial for me to attend and he will back my decision fully.

Edited by merledogs

Glad things seem to be improving for you Alex, and well done on the exam!

Sam..if it's not a silly question...as you are doing so well in Oz, couldn't you emigrate, as a family? It sounds as if the opportunities there are better than here for you, and I'm sure your daughter would love the Australian way of life!

Eve, you can't just say "I've moved to rural France" and leave it there...where are the pics? the descriptions? :laugh:

Owl, it's good to know you aren't being Koi about your exploits rehoming fish :rolleyes:

:wavey:

:GroupHug: Alex :GroupHug: Well done :flowers:

I *think* I might have got a place on a teaching assistant course :biggrin:. The college have asked me to call in tomorrow. If I really do have to get a proper job, one with school holidays off would be good :cool: .

Good for you :flowers:

Alex Im gonna have to drive up and sort this bloke out arnt I :biggrin: What if I hang on his leg in the car park ? Do you think he could convince his boss he doesnt know me. I could bring two small children and claim he is late with child support !

Owl, it's good to know you aren't being Koi about your exploits rehoming fish :rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh:

I *think* I might have got a place on a teaching assistant course :biggrin:. The college have asked me to call in tomorrow. If I really do have to get a proper job, one with school holidays off would be good :cool: .

Well done Julia :biggrin: :flowers:

Sam..if it's not a silly question...as you are doing so well in Oz, couldn't you emigrate, as a family? It sounds as if the opportunities there are better than here for you, and I'm sure your daughter would love the Australian way of life!

its not a silly question but its not something we as a family are looking at right now , my job although fantastic is contract work for 90 days at a time and my working Visa is only for 1 year