UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Orations

merledogs

Thank you everyone, it wouldn't let me quote all you wonderful people, after a breath holding day - we believe all my data, bar two documents, have been returned! 18 months of work is due to be backed up tonight. Whoo hoo....Thank you xxx

I just burst into tears in my director's office :mecry: :rolleyes: Bluddy hormones :rolleyes:

Hugs, such a horrible feeling. xxx

Hello Sam, are you back :biggrin:

I am indeed , it took me 31 hours from leaving the office to getting in my front door so I reckon I win longest fugee commute of the week laugh.gif

Looks like they want me back in about 3 weeks for a 12 week project :jumpy: and both Mark and Aisling can come and visit me so that will be really exciting for us all

just so chuffed to be working again biggrin.gif

Congrats Sam flowers.gif

RMF : I am drinking red wine. I don't even like red wine but I got given a bottle a couple of months ago and it's the only alcohol I've got in (apart from a bottle of vintage Bollinger which I really don't want to open). I am hoping to get pleasantly squiffy to forget about the shite day I've had. Just hope my exam result tonight doesn't compound it.

Congrats Sam flowers.gif

RMF : I am drinking red wine. I don't even like red wine but I got given a bottle a couple of months ago and it's the only alcohol I've got in (apart from a bottle of vintage Bollinger which I really don't want to open). I am hoping to get pleasantly squiffy to forget about the shite day I've had. Just hope my exam result tonight doesn't compound it.

:GroupHug: to you. And for anyone else having shite times. Hope your exam results make your day end on a high :flowers:

And :elefant: for Sam and contracts in Oz. You so deserve it.

I feel guilty. Haven't posted for ages. I do pop on now and again and try and see what everyone is doing. I've moved to rural France and am trying to get to grips with the jungle I occasionally call a garden. Life is busy but relaxed at the same time. Things will get done eventually. Doglets feel they are in heaven which is all that matters. Not sorry to be away from the rat race.

Hi Eve :wavey: Don't feel guilty, the Refuge is not only for regulars. I can't say I blame you having better things to do!

I am very jealous of your move to rural France and so are the dogs. I would love to have a house in the middle of my own land where the dogs could run to their hearts content wub.gif

Evening

Alex so sorry you're getting this hassle at work. It's not fair. Hope your director manages to get across the real situation.

Best of luck with your results.

Well done to Lewis. :flowers:

So pleased for you Sam. Must take a lot of pressure off :flowers:

Martyn's just had a moan at Scoobs as he's knocked a cup of tea over him and got a sniff of disdain back from him :laugh:

Lovely to see you here Eve. Would be great to see some piccies.

Edited by Jacobean

Merledogs :GroupHug: Unfortunately there appear to be parallels between your working life and mine just now. Although I have not had (yet) the excitement of counting vans into a car park!

Murtle - extremely pleased all the Fugee thoughts did the trick - must have been the fault of my missing ones that two documents disappeared.

HLGS - good to 'see' you back - brilliant news about more work AND having visitors to come see you down under.

I need to get a wriggle on. House is untidied, washing up not done, 'cause I'm sitting here. Off out in 15 minutes taking over-rolled, under-jammed and over-cooked Jam Cake (whoops - it's years since I've made it!), and a couple of other things to my discussion group - "Lives of our Grandmothers". I shall be wearing the flattest shoes I can find to walk there - I have spent the whole day in heels for work walking from street parking to work 'cause I couldn't get in the company car park (at 7.30 am), walking to one of our other sites, and walking up and down Steep Hill.

Alex so sorry you're getting this hassle at work. It's not fair. Hope your director manages to get across the real situation.

Unfortunately I seem to have managed to take the blame for something which has been a total farce from start to finish. My boss stood up for me, but I think he got overruled by the more senior director. I have taken a step back from the process, give 'em enough rope and let them hang themselves is what I say. In future I won't offer my expertise because it obviously counts for nothing.

Merledogs :GroupHug: Unfortunately there appear to be parallels between your working life and mine just now. Although I have not had (yet) the excitement of counting vans into a car park!

It's awful isn't it? At least the counting of vans got some reward, me and the other girls are having lunch followed by a pampering afternoon at the local Marriott Hotel & Spa biggrin.gif It's on the day of my next exam as well, so I'll go straight from the exam to the Marriott. Actually scrap that, I might have to drop my car at home first so I can have some booze.