UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

Houndzrus and lil angel, i am sorry for your losses :GroupHug:

Snow i vote you stay home :biggrin:

Houndzrus i use the vets in cheylesmore, i don't usually see that vet as he got me in loads of bother when i was a kid (i had a pet...he kept treating it, discharged us, next day went back and saw a different vet who went absolutely mental at me for allowing the animal to suffer :unsure: )along with numerous other things i am booking dex in to see my usual vet as he isn't right. last time he had an abcess i was told not to let him lick it and this guy has told me to let him lick it...but surely it won't heal :unsure:why does he do it at xmas time when the vets go off on holiday :rolleyes:

i have to go out today..... i don't want to as it is slippy.... a taxi may be a good idea!

:GroupHug: Amy :flowers:

Right well I am in work - but how long I'm staying I don't know - it is fecking freeeeeeeeezing in here brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Journey in was Ok on main roads, I DID come down the ski jump hill in low gear foot off the brake and hands shaking like a leaf the whole way down - suiffice to say I wont be attempting to go back up it theres not a hope in hell of my car getting enough traction so it'll be the zig zag route and lots of praying. I have cancelled my xmas lunch having spoken to the church warden who told me hes spent the past few days counting how many cars have hit the lampost or barn wall at the end of his street as they cannot negotiate the corner in either direction :wacko: I've also booked tomorrow off so once I am out of here today thats it for me until New Year.

Thank you :flowers: He was 91 and stubborn until the end. He collapsed going to get his newspaper from the local shop even though we told him not to leave home with all the snow. Thankfully the shop owners know him quite well and called an ambulance although he couldnt be revived.

Ive had a little cry when the others came in.

At the moment there is nothing I can do so best to come into work even if I mope about. My parents will need a hand sorting out the flat in the new year and as Im limited with my leave and I'll get one day special leave for funeral if Im lucky so need to save leave for then.

So sorry Amy :GroupHug:

I'm most put out...had my usual blood check up at the hospital on Friday and the doc was very pleased with my platelet count, said I can make a three month appt for next time. Then yesterday afternoon, I had a phone call from a different doc, telling me my potassium is very low (?!) and he was ringing my GP...bit later, phone call from GP, to tell me that I need another blood test asap. Told him I can't get to our local hospital as it's too icy...so he said stop taking my blood pressure tablets temporarily, and get there as soon as I'm able...oh, and if it goes any lower, I'll have to admitted to hospital for IV potassium. Just what I need...NOT! :wacko:

I think I have a new no 1 favorite client:

"when you fill in the form .... it gives an error.

Please have a look at your own convenience. I know it will not be until January now, that is not a problem"

YAY! Finally, after how many years is it, I have found someone who thinks that because they found something borked the week before Xmas (*which frankly has probably been borked for months as it's a huge ancient site*) this is not necessarily a *cycas must instantly drop all other tasks and work through the night* scenario.

Suzanne - I had some bloods done recently by my doctor, and then subsequently got a phone call telling me to go straight to A&E for more tests cos my pottasium levels were low (which showed up on my kidney function test). I had a bit of a panic but the doc said before I went it was most probably due to the delay in getting the blood test over to the lab and for them to do the test, which is why it's best done in A&E cos they can do the test straight away on site. They did all my bloods again as well as and ECG (cos apparently they can tell by that) but everything was perfectly normal thankfully. Hope yours is also something and nothing :flowers:

Amy that's terrible you only get one days leave :(

:GroupHug: Suzanne, hope it's nothing serious.

I've just spoke with my Mother's doctor and he said well we have some good news! The gangrene doesn't appear to be spreading so there shouldn't be any need to have an operation the toes will just fall off on their own! :ohmy: on what planet is that good news! Thankfully the event will take place in the hospital and not at home where I'd most likely pass out *shudder*

I've just spoke with my Mother's doctor and he said well we have some good news! The gangrene doesn't appear to be spreading so there shouldn't be any need to have an operation the toes will just fall off on their own! :ohmy: on what planet is that good news! Thankfully the event will take place in the hospital and not at home where I'd most likely pass out *shudder*

:ohmy: :sick01: