UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rambling Mundane Fings

merledogs

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RMF I've been given one shift at work this week! I should be worried about the lack of money but I'm enjoying the time with my Xbox :laugh:

Oooo, have you got C.O.D Black Op's and is it any good ? so far the only reviews I've had have been from hormonal teenage boys and they have carp taste so I ain't trusting their judgement.

I have been making banoffee cheesecake today, I'm supposed to make it for Christmas dinner so I thought I'd better do a trial run and I'm glad I did as the recipe says to leave it to cool in the oven, but thats just burnt it a wee bit so I won't be doing that again.

I forgot to mention that Spud's results for his last lot of lumps came through and they were all benign biggrin.gif

I've been asked if I want a Husky puppy, yes would be my answer but I think Daisy would have something to say on the matter, perhaps I could swap rolleyes.gif

Had a call from Nick shortly after 9am this morning to tell me he was off to work :biggrin: agency appears to have come up trumps and sent him to a job it's only on a week to week contract, lower pay than he was on so obviously thats not ideal but it's work and getting paid and thats a damned sight better than no work and no pay. Will be on tenterhooks until this evening when I can ring and find out how it went.

Had a call from Nick shortly after 9am this morning to tell me he was off to work :biggrin: agency appears to have come up trumps and sent him to a job it's only on a week to week contract, lower pay than he was on so obviously thats not ideal but it's work and getting paid and thats a damned sight better than no work and no pay. Will be on tenterhooks until this evening when I can ring and find out how it went.

Thats sounds like great news. Its easier to step up to a better job when you are working.

Oooo, have you got C.O.D Black Op's and is it any good ? so far the only reviews I've had have been from hormonal teenage boys and they have carp taste so I ain't trusting their judgement.

I haven't got it because I still haven't finished Modern Warfare, I'm not a big online player and only play through campaign and co op missions. My mate says it's great but he plays online and never goes near the other parts of the game.

Well done Nick :flowers:

I am very hormonal and two things have pizzed me off today :angry:

1) A lot of us who work in our office don't have a designated parking space, so we have to hope we get allocated one or two on a weekly basis, and the rest of the time either park on a nearby estate (last time I did, I had a nasty message left on my windscreen) or else pay £3 a day to park in the car park behind the office. I found out today that my colleague, who is in the office a lot less than me, has been given parking 3 days this week and I have none. Apparently he is now on the priority list and I am not. I am fuming and have told my director I want to talk to him about it tomorrow. Can't wait to hear what he tries to fob me off with this time :angry:

2) I bought some velvet curtains off eBay a while ago, which I got when I went into work today. There was no damage on the listing, but they are tatty and very faded in some areas, so are completely unusable. If the fading had been listed, there is no way on earth I would have bought them. I have emailed the seller to see what they say, but don't expect they will want to refund my money including £13/50 postage I paid :angry: I will no doubt have to resort to lodging a complaint via Paypal and wait and see if I get my money back :angry:

im doing a coffee survey tomorrow, that will be hard :rolleyes:

thats going to pay for the toy story dvd :biggrin:

im having the x factor pizza for tea, they are very nice, so ill buy a few more tomorrow. someone said if you spend £30 the toy story dvd is cheaper. think I can spend that much ...easily lol

fantastic news

Thats sounds like great news. Its easier to step up to a better job when you are working.

totally agree , much easier

ive been for the xray, saw mother in there waiting for the chemo line to be put in. ive got my pills so hope they work very soon

hope you are both feeling better soon flowers.gif

I am very hormonal and two things have pizzed me off today :angry:

sorry to hear that flowers.gif

Evening

Have a fabulous time in Oz San :flowers:

Pleased Spud's lumps are nowt to worry about :biggrin:

Jazz you really need to look after yourself. Have plenty of rest, fluids and keep in the warm.

Alex hope you get the parking issue resolved.

Pleased Nick has a job. It all helps. He's lucky to have found one so quickly, even if it is temp.

Barbara hope you're a lot better very soon. :GroupHug:

I've booked Friday off so I can make a start on Xmas shopping.

Greetings all.

I've a head like a sieve and lost my quotes so can't remember what I've just read :unsure:

Take :mecry: :flowers: :biggrin: :GroupHug:

as appropriate.

Our camera club are holding an exhibition tomorrow night. I'm really looking forward to it. Tomorrow will be a busy day setting it all up but it will be worth it.

And I'm delighted that my Mam is coming to see it :biggrin: She missed the last one because she was in hospital