UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

Foot nibbling was, erm, an experience. Just before you put your feet in the tank, all the fish swim to the surface and then attack your feet when you lower em into the water. It is a weird sensation that I can't quite describe. Feet feel softer though!!

Eyebrow threading was ok, had it done before though so am used to the sensation. Took mum with me though and she hasn't had hers done before and she was surprised at the pain to begin with but was ok after a bit!!

Morning.

I am loving sossidge picture.

My boss is away this week, and something big kicked off last week - just in time for me to have to pick it up. Not going to be the best of weeks for me - I foresee lots of people asking me questions, and senior people needing meetings and difficult things to deal with. And I was dreaming about it just before I woke up - so now all I can think about is how early I can actually go to work without being stupid about it.

Off for another coffee.

Ouch, Mel :ohmy:

Love the sausage pic :laugh: :wub:

I think I have sleeping sickness. Went to bed at 9 last night, was up at 5 to take OH to the station but went back to bed at 6.30 and have just got up. It was all I could do to drag myself upright. The more sleep I have, the more tired I feel :tired:

Alex, did you work out if it was the tablets disturbing your sleep?

blinking heck Mel is that for a whole new engine? I supposed the consolation is when it's done you shouldn't need to do anything more enginewise for a few years :flowers:

Nope its for rockers, valves and a head gasket set as well as a timing belt and pulleys.

The belt wasnt due to be done when it snapped but it looks like the previous owner only changed the belt and not the pulley system as reccomended (obviously cos the belts only 40 quid and the pulleys are 140 quid)and its the pulleys that caused the belt to snap :angry: .

We know the importance of changing timing belts on time and checked on the service history when we bought the van which said it had been done cheapskating bar stewards :angry:

I've been in agony since Friday with back pain...my back went into spasm every time I tried to move, it was quite scary. Mega doses of paracetamol and nurofen have brought it down to a dull ache, so I've managed to catch up with you all...take a :GroupHug: :biggrin: :mecry: :wacko: as required. The muscle at the top of my leg went weird too, so I've a nasty feeling it's my fibro doing its worst. No point going to the doctor then!

My phone is dying, so I'm going to have to make the long-deferred decision and buy a new one. I have no idea what I want. People expect a website developer to have an Iphone, but I bet I'd only sit on it or drop it in a pond or get crumbs in it.... Do I want something Android? Do I want a blackberry? aaaaaargh!

Am very tempted to buy a 14.99 super-basic Nokia with no internet features at all - freedom! :unsure::laugh: But I am hoping to have a boating holiday next year, so 3G would probably be sensible...

Alex, did you work out if it was the tablets disturbing your sleep?

I don't know TBH. Even before taking them I have had bouts recently where I was waking up at 4am, but 2am is just taking the pizz :rolleyes: I'm loathe to stop taking them before I've given them a proper chance though, so will persevere.

Suzeannea and Melf :GroupHug:

Have had a horrendously busy morning and my shoulders are already knotting up, so much for a relaxing weekend.

Rumpole. :ohmy: I am only just recovering from very expensive car bills, so lots of sympathy.

Suzeanna - ouches - hope it's feeling properly better soon.

My early morning nightmares have turned into realities. I am currently trying to explain to our in-house lawyer that it really, really, really is a good idea to talk to someone external - they are not the devil incarnate, but have spent the last ten years working with us, so they are actually on "our side"! :rolleyes: Anyway, he (the lawyer) is now out for lunch, so I guess I should follow his example. :wink:

Think I need to stock up on Vitamin B too!

The excellent news is that OH is on a day off, and has actually telephoned me to say "what would you like for dinner?" :partytime: And would I like some wine :partytime: :partytime: I am now a very very happy Mrs B who is definitely going out to do some shopping!