UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

I am intrigued as to how Metacam tastes now.

Honey :laugh: my vet told me... he had an accident whilst administering a dose to a dog :unsure:

gosh there seems to be a lot of bad shoulders... i hope i don't get one too, i had cortisone into my knee/shin.... no good for me at all and i declined the offer of further shots.

snow that wedding venue sounds great (the railway one) how unusual :biggrin:

i need to find my get up and go.. i must go to town but don't want to go out...its grey and looks like rain and i don't want to leave the dogs

OMG I have found something brilliant - and ironically very very squirrely ..... the steam railway does weddings and receptions.... you can be married in the pullman and have your reception in the buffet car being pulled up & down the track by either a steam train or a diesel engine they could even go up on the footplate! For the evening theres a converted baggage car for a disco for 60 people or they can have a huge marquee alongside it to make it bigger. Prices look very reasonable on the surface - well worth them making a few enquiries anyway :biggrin:

Thats sounds fabbo, our local steam railway museum now does a similar thing and if they had been doing it when I was getting married I would have done that for sure :jumpy: just think how fantastic the photos would be as well

Naproxin is a miracle drug, although I am intrigued as to how Metacam tastes now.

rather nice wink.gif

Honey :laugh: my vet told me... he had an accident whilst administering a dose to a dog :unsure:

clearly more common than you think laugh.gif

Morning :wavey:

Julia, where are you going camping and who with? I am so nosey! And did you buy a pink tent? :laugh:

I think I am going to http://www.fishpoolfarmcaravanpark.co.uk/ for a test run tonight :closedeyes: It is typically raining :rolleyes: It is near Delamere Forest for a walk with the dogs. Adam, Danny, the dogs and I are going and Darren is coming after work to have tea with us but not staying over night cos he is working tomorrow. I will leave it up to the boys to decide if we still go despite the weather :unsure: . It is not pink :mecry:

Morning :tired:

Oh Alex, that is very early :ohmy: Hope you went back to sleep :flowers:

Metacam certainly smells like honey so I can imagine it tastes ok :laugh:

Please can you also pass some of the Naproxen stuff down the computer wire in this house too. I only have the stuff which is no good for vultures, and it appears to be no good for hurty shoulders in this house too.

I have just pinged about half a dozen posts on another Forum and have now had it. Sometimes these things just have to be done. Bit like work really.

:GroupHug: to all hurty Fugees in mind and body.

Exciting risk assessment at work tomorrow for hurty shoulder. Then physio on Friday.

I'm being very boring. I need to go read posts more carefully.

You are hardly boring. You have left me with gob hanging open. "No good for vultures?" WOT??? Is there a medication which has "unsuitable for vultures" in large letters on the accompanying leaflet? Or this this a metaphor, cos owls are very literal and don't understand figures of speech. Thought vultures' innards could handle most things. There is a chap in N Carmarthenshire who keeps a few. Sometimes they have a fly round the area and startle birdwatchers.

You are hardly boring. You have left me with gob hanging open. "No good for vultures?" WOT??? Is there a medication which has "unsuitable for vultures" in large letters on the accompanying leaflet?

It's diclofenac that has been killing vultures - it's used extensively in cattle in India. It's very much like ibuprofen which I *think* may also kill vultures and that is obviously despensed to peoples. The problem in India is that the dead cattle are left out in the open the vultures eat and then die if the cow has been treated with diclofenac.

I learnt this at the hawk conservancy in andover, hampshire where they are part of a research whotsit to try to prevent the extinction of these vultures (they are at real risk).

Gemstone i hope the weather picks up for you little camping trip :flowers:

owl i am so glad you enquired about the vultures.... thought it was just me that didn't get it :laugh: and Khanu thankyou for educating me about diclofenac and vultures :flowers:

i have visions of people all over the country now tasting their dogs metacam to see if it really does taste like honey :laugh:

:wavey:

I'm here, 2 days running :biggrin:

Another one for the ouchy shoulder club. Have had 2 cortizone injections now, each took a good week/10 days before I felt the benefit. Waiting to be sent the date for an operation to remove the damaged tissue and shave away some of the shoulder joint :wacko:

Snow, try looking at wedding dates out of the main season and/or less popular days - nearly all venues will have a minimum spend on the main season weekends. Friday's do tend to be a lot cheaper :wink:

I do miss you all but with one thing and another, I've not had much time to get online, apart from blogging and Tweeting :unsure:

I have been depressing myself all night *sighs* weddings cost an awful lot of money :wacko: at this rate Nick & Vicky will be getting married about the same time as I start drawing my pension, I can't find a single reception venue in or around Swindon* that costs less than £1500 most are around the £3k mark :ohmy: *apart from Holiday Inn but they have hidden costs and probably aren't big enough. I had honestly thought we could do the lot (wedding, reception, evening do etc.) for about £2,500 and thought THAT was an awful lot of money, but it seems I was sadly seriously under estimating.

Ians brother got married at Lydiard House in Swindon last year. Haven't a clue how much it cost though but it was a really nice place. They do accommodation there too and I know quite a few people stayed overnight there. They had a friend do their photos in the grounds and instead of a traditional wedding cake they had one made of cheese :laugh: I think there were three or four tiers and it was later cut up to be used in the buffet for the evening, loads of cheese, crackers, pickles etc etc. A cake of cheese cost a fraction of the price of a proper cake.

Ms Wendybert did you get my message yesterday? I probably should've sent it through here but sent it via Facebook.

It's diclofenac that has been killing vultures - it's used extensively in cattle in India. It's very much like ibuprofen which I *think* may also kill vultures and that is obviously despensed to peoples. The problem in India is that the dead cattle are left out in the open the vultures eat and then die if the cow has been treated with diclofenac.

I learnt this at the hawk conservancy in andover, hampshire where they are part of a research whotsit to try to prevent the extinction of these vultures (they are at real risk).

Ooh Kelly, I was there a week or so ago, it's a fab place. I loved the vulture flying demo in the afternoon, they are so beautiful on the wing, they were my favourites :wub:

Oh Alex, that is very early :ohmy: Hope you went back to sleep :flowers:

I didn't - work playing on my mind again :( I have been getting grumpy emails off my director this morning, can't tell whether it's just his usual grumpy self or whether it's even more grumpy than usual for having been woken up at 4.30 am :devil:

I'm here, 2 days running :biggrin:

:wavey:

RMF : I am verrrryyyy tired :tired: Today has been horrendously busy and I really don't know where to start on the pile of work I have to do.