UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

Do you think we need to start a thread for hurty shoulder Fugees? :unsure: I think there's some hurty shoulder bug being passed down the wires 'cause there's lots of them around.

Please can you also pass some of the Naproxen stuff down the computer wire in this house too. I only have the stuff which is no good for vultures, and it appears to be no good for hurty shoulders in this house too.

I have just pinged about half a dozen posts on another Forum and have now had it. Sometimes these things just have to be done. Bit like work really.

:GroupHug: to all hurty Fugees in mind and body.

Exciting risk assessment at work tomorrow for hurty shoulder. Then physio on Friday.

I'm being very boring. I need to go read posts more carefully.

So I could have stolen Syd's medication!

Yes and it tastes rather nice ( don't ask how I know it was a accident )

I have just pinged about half a dozen posts on another Forum and have now had it. Sometimes these things just have to be done. Bit like work really.

Hello Mrs B :wavey: thank you for your cake sale money :)

Stooopid question ( nowt new there then for me ) how you do you ping a post ?

Kelly - if Talyn is getting his massage, try asking Julia to 'do' you. I had a massage from her and it was great :flowers:

:GroupHug: to all the other 'ouchy' peeps.

Wedding cards went down a treat (shame I forgot to photograph them :rolleyes: )

Sam - for an extra laugh (Fundraiser) could Mark try 'Hook the Duck' using Gertie as the hook??? :mellow: :laugh:

Not sure if Gertie would go for that , if was "hook the Mark" and you were allowed to use claws and teef she would be very much up for it laugh.gif

Random Mundane Gertie Fact : Gertie has been here nearly 6 years which is amazing really given the state she turned up in and well Marks attempts to finish her off ( all accidents he alleges ) including the incident with the scissors and looking her in a cupboard ( on the way out to do a home check )

Sam, you are welcome to the cake money for the Dogstar fundraising appeal - can't guarantee I will do as well for the rest of the month, but I'll do my best. Do you think you could loan me hook-a-duck-Mark to come around and hook-a-cake-customer so that my sales are boosted please? Especially as my office cleaner(s) have done the dirty on me and gone on a (pot noodle) diet.

Pinging posts occurs when you have mass motivational, spurring on of activity stuff to do, and you fire off loads of posts in different threads to bump them all to the top of the tree, and remind folks that "THINGS ARE HAPPENING" without necessarily giving the posts the complete consideration and thoughtful thinking process that you normally do. Well, at least that's my definition of pinging posts anyway. Does this put me in the pinging loony section?

Then I have to go back to check that folks have actually noticed that you are pinging and hopefully respond to all their carefully considered responses!

After all, if people do spring on me yesterday that an event is taking place three weeks on Sunday .......... :ohmy:

evening. Ive had an ace day sorting out a wood burning stove, a kitchen and going to see or rather perv at Eclipse :laugh:

Khanu... I can recommend not having the cortizone injection as it didnt touch my shoulder pain. The naproxen made me a tad spaced out and I struggled to focus on the most simple of tasks. On the bright side, I didnt care whether or not I was focused at the time :laugh:

I've had cortisone for my baddy elbow (bursitis) had to have 2 shots not that far apart as the first one wore off quick - have to say it hurt like buggery going in but the relief was most welcome and after the 2nd one I've only ever had to resort to the naproxen whenever I feel an ache starting then a couple of days on those and I'm good to go again for months provided I don't sleep on that arm.

I have been depressing myself all night *sighs* weddings cost an awful lot of money :wacko: at this rate Nick & Vicky will be getting married about the same time as I start drawing my pension, I can't find a single reception venue in or around Swindon* that costs less than £1500 most are around the £3k mark :ohmy: *apart from Holiday Inn but they have hidden costs and probably aren't big enough. I had honestly thought we could do the lot (wedding, reception, evening do etc.) for about £2,500 and thought THAT was an awful lot of money, but it seems I was sadly seriously under estimating.

weddings cost shedloads I can really understand why some people elope !

how many people are attending Snow ? we had a buffet at our wedding rather than a sit down meal that saved us loads . The couples whose wedding I am going to next week brought all the dresses on ebay and are hiring the suits which also saved bucket loads

weddings cost shedloads I can really understand why some people elope !

how many people are attending Snow ? we had a buffet at our wedding rather than a sit down meal that saved us loads . The couples whose wedding I am going to next week brought all the dresses on ebay and are hiring the suits which also saved bucket loads

The bare minimum is 40 for the reception probably more like 50 if we want to avoid family rows (to cut it to 40 means not including my brother & his family and both hubby's brother & sister and their families) around 75 for the evening disco. I've been looking at the buffet prices rather than a sit down meal but even then they are quoting around £24 a head not including any drink :wacko: they are really really trying to do this on the cheap but at the same time obviously Nick wants this to be everything Vicky ever dreamed of but they don't have that kind of money and sadly neither do we, so theres got to be compramises.

They had a look at the holiday inn last night who are quoting £999.99 which includes a room for the civil ceremony, sit down meal for 40, evening disco for 75 with finger buffet and free overnight stay for the bride & groom, it all sounded good but when they saw the venue they were very disappointed, it's really a conference center and it looks it, Nick said the "dance floor" was only large enough for about 4 people at any one time :wacko: the room the ceremony would be held in is tiny and it's about 4 steps from the door to the front so no procession down the aisle which Nick feels is just not right. The drink was extra, as was the cost of a travelling registrar, so we were looking at around £1500 and Vicky wouldn't be getting the church wedding she really would like.

I rather suspect we'll be looking at maybe going for a village hall and catering it ourslves even though that isn't what Nick wants at all.

OMG I have found something brilliant - and ironically very very squirrely ..... the steam railway does weddings and receptions.... you can be married in the pullman and have your reception in the buffet car being pulled up & down the track by either a steam train or a diesel engine they could even go up on the footplate! For the evening theres a converted baggage car for a disco for 60 people or they can have a huge marquee alongside it to make it bigger. Prices look very reasonable on the surface - well worth them making a few enquiries anyway :biggrin:

Alex, you didnt wave yesterday :mecry:

I did actually :D

Morning :tired:

Yes I know it's stupidly early, but something was playing on my mind so had to check and then send a work related email. I just hope those with Blackberries have turned the email notification off or else they will have just been woken up.

I just hope those with Blackberries have turned the email notification off or else they will have just been woken up.

I love it. I am cruel and hope not so that they see your commitment to your work.

Snow, that railway wedding sounds very exciting. Keeping all things crossed that it is cheap-cheap. :flowers:

I am not here. I need to be thinking going to work early thoughts as my "To Do List" actually exists at the moment, and appears to be growing like Topsy rather than actually making me feel in control of everything that is my workload.

See you later.