UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

Ive not heard of that event Phebe. Is it new? Burns have Its a Dogs Life in September but Im away at another show so cant go this year :(

I am officially an idiot. It is at Scolton Manor nr Haverfordwest, and there was one last year as well. I have been told but forgot and went to Pembrey. Never mind, Polly had some nice quality time with me and a pleasant walk. I should be able to get to the Burns one next month.

I have not done any shopping and all I have for my supper is potatoes (nice organic ones though) a big organic onion, 6 tins of tomatoes, some elderly celery, an ancient but very lively piece of Brie, some frozen green beans, and butter and rice cakes. And 3 different kinds of curry powder. Supper may be an exciting new dish invented on the spot. Or possibly a total disaster.

Owl, your supper sounds very similar to mine :rolleyes:

I have been doing electrics :ohmy: you may remember that I said one of the rabbits had chewed the cable to the plug (it was the mains wire going into the plug). I've been living with half the house with no electricity so decided to fix it. Switched everything off at the meter cut the wire and BANG :mecry:

After a sit down and shake I have managed to tape everything and box it off and I think I'm safe...........and the tv is working

Hmmm ive been on a diet of sorts (stopped eating chocolate and the like) and lost 1/2 a stone, but was having this weekend off to stuff my face after a week of stressful court cases (we won eventually)and the shock of learning that my uncle has just days to live after suffering prostate cancer for nearly ten years without telling anyone, even his wife :mecry:

i used a hypnotherapy gastric band cd of a friends the other day and didnt think anything of it until i tried to eat my choccy fudge cake and cream and could only eat half a small slice before feeling sick :mellow: maybe it worked :unsure:

wonder how you temporarily unhypnotise yourself so i can eat my cake :unsure:

Owl, your supper sounds very similar to mine :rolleyes:

I have been doing electrics :ohmy: you may remember that I said one of the rabbits had chewed the cable to the plug (it was the mains wire going into the plug). I've been living with half the house with no electricity so decided to fix it. Switched everything off at the meter cut the wire and BANG :mecry:

After a sit down and shake I have managed to tape everything and box it off and I think I'm safe...........and the tv is working

:ohmy: hope your ok now :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Rumpole [ps...any link for that cd :wink: ]

Forgot to say, Jodie fell over before skinning all limbs :rolleyes: she is now sporting blue vetwrap on all injuries :laugh:

Edited by collies r best

Sam, I haven't been able to quote this back properly as July's RMF thread is closed, but just to let you know that I am off to create a demand on EasyFundraising for 'esuture' to be added to the list.

:biggrin:

Meanwhiles, I have decided that I will donate profits from my August Cake Sales at Work to Dogstar - hope this doesn't raise your expectations too high as I just leave cakes on a desk and hope to come out with a tenner or so at the end of the month for charity. To my way of thinking it's a tenner more than you would have had!

If you had 5 minutes to put a spiel together of "Dogstar is currently fundraising for .......... with perhaps a few £10 will buy X, £20 will buy Y, I'll put that in a prominent place on the desk, and perhaps use it to suggest to people that is what I am aiming for. Think I still have a Dogstar leaflet Mr Squirrel e-maileded to me some time.

Thank you kindly Mrs B flowers.gif

our website has a download section including a 2010 leaflet if thats helps

http://www.dogstarfo...licity-leaflet/

are these the sort of figures you need ?

• Just £1 will pay for a worming treatment for a cat or dog.
  • Just £2 will give the Rabies vaccine to a cat or dog.
  • £5 will mean a dog is vaccinated against DHL and Parvo.
  • £10 will give a dog like Pickle, our temple dog, a vaccination, a medicated bath, food and supplements.
  • £20 means a street dog like Pippa will not go hungry for 8 weeks
  • £50 will give 40 cats and dogs pain relief and comfort after an operation.
  • £100 will sterilise 10 animals, meaning generations of kittens and puppies will not be born to suffer on the streets

Pickleba2.jpg

Pippa.jpg

There lots of other posters and downloads on the website now and I am working on some new ones as well which hopefully will be online shortly

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

I've got over my eek - I hate electrics and am rather proud that I went back and sorted it :biggrin:

I really hope that our pathetic, overpaid, tired :angry: , prima donna footballers have been watching the athletics over the last few days. There's been more effort, wanting to win, and being proud to represent their country by all of the athletics team compared to the pathetic shower who were in South Africa.

Dex needs a little op on Thurs/Fri to get the last bit of the cancer out, which has come back but the vets are hopeful that this op can kill it. I'm being very positive and have booked the kennels for my holibobs in Sept together with holiday insurance, airport parking and bought a suitcase yesterday :D

ChickenTikka :ohmy: Please do get someone in to make the electrics work properly again. And have plenty of cake and alcohol for the shocks.

Sam, that is exactly what I wanted. Off to see if I can conjure poster type thingys.

For tomorrow we now have Banana, Orange and Honey Cake, Strawberry Yogurt Cake and a made up recipe of Lime Sponge with Buttercream and Lime Glacé Icing which I need guinea pigs for - especially as Mr B thought it was ginger sponge!!!

For tomorrow we now have Banana, Orange and Honey Cake, Strawberry Yogurt Cake and a made up recipe of Lime Sponge with Buttercream and Lime Glacé Icing which I need guinea pigs for - especially as Mr B thought it was ginger sponge!!!

My guinea pigs have formed an orderly queue for cake :laugh:

Piglet, Pooh, Tigger, Kanga and Roo are all waiting eagerly and are up for 'squeak or no squeak' cake testing :rolleyes:

Bed time I think, NN :flowers:

My guinea pigs have formed an orderly queue for cake :laugh:

Piglet, Pooh, Tigger, Kanga and Roo are all waiting eagerly and are up for 'squeak or no squeak' cake testing :rolleyes:

Bed time I think, NN :flowers:

Which reminds me of the time Tigger decided he needed to test my iced lemon cake, and had demolished a good quarter of it before I wondered why he was being so quiet! However as the cake was destined for a 'doggy do' I cut generously around the Tigger chomp and 'fessed all to the doggy folks .......... who found it highly amusing and tucked into the cake anyway.

Now then, why oh why am I trying to find a 'cheap' source of plastic cake slice boxes as a fun occupation on a Sunday evening ........ ? Especially as this is proving to be a rather expensive looking recreational habit.

Not as expensive as suture buying though!

ChickenTikka :ohmy: Please do get someone in to make the electrics work properly again. And have plenty of cake and alcohol for the shocks.

Sam, that is exactly what I wanted. Off to see if I can conjure poster type thingys.

Must remember to visit next time I am in Lincoln :D