UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

Hello Everybody,

Just wanted to pop in and wish you all a healthy, wealthy and happy 2010!

Things quite busy with GG and other things but I will try to pop in more often.

JulesB, I am so sorry to hear about Treacle :GroupHug: :mecry: It's heartbreaking to lose such a young one.

I took Wispa down to Pembrey and she chased lots of seabirds and gulls, running non stop for well over an hour, often through the water. She is now very clean but smells somewhat fishy. I didn't see her roll in anything on the shore, so can only think the gulls must have got their revenge while flying over her head.

Glad things are going well for you, Peachy :flowers:

Owl, I can't think of Pembrey without laughing now - firstly driving down the hill laughing out loud in torrential rain wondering if we'd taken leave of our senses to meet up in such foul weather and secondly remembering Tyler, Bertie and Bojangles all running at speed through the rock pools until the last one, leaping into that rock pool together expecting to run through it only for all of them to disappear from sight at the same time it was so deep! :laughingsmiley: :laughingsmiley: :laughingsmiley:

It's been snowing here since before I got home from work. Now wondering why on earth I'm going to Chill Factor on Saturday to continue feeling brr cold. Bracken is 6 today so they all had some beef.

Marion sorry to hear Archie was attacked. They do like to lap up the fuss.

Jazz it must be so frustrating. Take good care of yourself and get Lewis to run errands for you. These operations do take a toll on your body and all sorts of changes seem to take place. Hope you're a lot better very soon :GroupHug:

Best of luck to Dogstar with the WSPA visit. :flowers:

Greysmum hope you're feeling better very soon :GroupHug:

Jules I'm so sorry to hear about Cleo too :GroupHug:

Morning :wavey: Took my 4 boys to bed last night and we all snuggled up nicely wub.gif

Marion ello :wavey: and Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for Jorj and laugh.gif for Archie.

Thanks to everyone who wished my little Treacle cat a safe journey to the bridge, it means so much. I took him to the pet crematorium today, and my friend who works there is looking after him, so at least he is not with strangers.

I've still not had Milly's ashes back mecry.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

RMF : Have woken up to thick, heavy snow. It must have been snowing all night. Don't think I've ever seen snow this bad in Manchester before unsure.gif so I dread to think what it will be like elsewhere. Wish I was off work so I could play in it with the dogs.

P10203241.jpg

Morning :tired: Just woke up to pretty much the same sight as everyone else: inches and inches of snow! Just how I'm gonna get to work on my bike is anyone's guess :angry: Doesn't help that I hate my job as it is so I'm not at all motivated to make an efort. It's only the thought of losing a day's wages that makes me shift. Will have to take dogs out in a minute - they'll love it, the nutters!

We havent had snow here either.It was predicted from 12am but not arrived yet. Forecast is now from 6am. Well thats not arrived either! :laugh: Wonder if its going to wait just before until hometime this afternoon so we all have to struggle :rolleyes:

I have been awake since about 3am. SOMEONE was keeping me awake. I gave up trying to get back to sleep so got up at 5 to take the dogs out for a longer walk :tired: I may be asleep at work this afternoon!

Snow I have lost my avatar again :mecry:

Yet more snow here. I think it's snowed every day for about a week now, I am fed up of it.

Saf, I am feeling your pain. Tess has had me out of bed for a wee three times in the night. She managed to squeeze out a tiny wee each time but I think she wanted to play in the snow really :rolleyes:

hes up and walking, but they are going to take him to the vets to be checked.

On freecycle, every day is rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs. today its 2 female dwarf lops with hutch. thy are all going quickly, but wonder how long it will be before that child is fed up of them

when I split up from my husband, his parents took my GSD, Casper. hes 14 now.

Lewis got a call from his dad this morning, hes had a fit and cant get up, so lewis is just on his way over to take him to the vets, doesnt look good :mecry:

everything crossed for Casper

my staff are brilliant. One has walked about 5 miles to get in, one has driven through snow to get here and one who lives closer offered to do the entire kennels and send the other 2 home for safety reasons.

[quote name='Nettie' date='04 January 2010 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1262647607' post='88229

Owl, I can't think of Pembrey without laughing now - firstly driving down the hill laughing out loud in torrential rain wondering if we'd taken leave of our senses to meet up in such foul weather and secondly remembering Tyler, Bertie and Bojangles all running at speed through the rock pools until the last one, leaping into that rock pool together expecting to run through it only for all of them to disappear from sight at the same time it was so deep! :laughingsmiley: :laughingsmiley: :laughingsmiley:

That was fun, but it wasn't Pembrey, it was Pendine which I wouldn't dare drive to under present conditions. Pembrey is much nearer to me and has no caves or rock pools, just miles of flat sands with dunes and pine forests behind. I'd love to go to Pendine again, and may trundle up there when this damn Arctic weather has gone.

I appear to be having a snow day. Am trying to contact all sorts of people at work and can't get an answer from any of them. My number is just ringing out but no-one answers it if I'm not at the desk anyway. Can't get the Frontera to start. My car won't get off the drive, even if I was stupid enough to try and drive it there. I think I'm going to have to get a 4 x 4 if I'm to stay with this company. Which I certainly intend to.

Dogs are a bit :huh: I've got them all snuggled up as they were dithering first thing. Snotty features keeps flashing me looks as if to say oh great you're going to cramp my style.

Jazz hope Casper's fit was a one off and he improves quickly :GroupHug:

Archie :wub:

Well I think I'll have some toast and coffee to warm up.

OMG. Have I said how much I love the company I work for & everyone there. The boss has just sent me a lovely email apologising as he hasn't got my phone number and saying the formal instruction is to stay home as the roads round work are perilous and even a landrover hasn't made it in.