UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning :wavey:

Worked ont he bar last night as it a Christas party night. Lots of very drunk people including one man projective vomitting in the reception area before passing out on a nearby sofa :huh: Thankfully I was far too busy serving drinks and didn't have to clear that up :biggrin:

Got to go into work at lunchtime to do a wedding showround but will take the boys and stop somewhere on the way home to walk them before going to work this evening again.

I have been to Argos to swap the camera I bought last weekend :rolleyes: for one of these - a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7. It was a toss up between that and a Canon Powershot SX200 IS, but on reading lots of reviews, the Lumix wins every time as the best camera in its class, so I opted for that. Have got battery on charge at the moment so am going to take it out with me in a bit when I take the dogs out to give it a test run.

RMF : When I was getting in my car to go to Argos, two blokes drove past in a white transit, then pulled up at the corner a few doors up. I pulled off the drive and drove down towards the corner where I turn. They were out of the van by this time and I passed them in the car. I stopped on the corner and looked in my rear view mirror, to see one of them starting to walk up my drive. When they spotted that I had stopped, they started walking quickly back up the road. I drove down the turning and then left again, to see them driving the other way up the road and getting out and looking into someone else's garden. I drove round the block and home again and knocked on my neighbour's door to ask him to keep his eyes peeled while I was out (he is our neighbourhood watch coordinator) but he wasn't in. I got their number plate and got a good look at one of them as I drove past him when I first pulled out of my drive, so will be having a word with neighbour later so he can have a chat with his police mates. Shook me up a bit though :(

Edited by merledogs

I have been to Argos to swap the camera I bought last weekend :rolleyes: for one of these - a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7. It was a toss up between that and a Canon Powershot SX200 IS, but on reading lots of reviews, the Lumix wins every time as the best camera in its class, so I opted for that. Have got battery on charge at the moment so am going to take it out with me in a bit when I take the dogs out to give it a test run.

That looks like a *very* nice little camera, and I would have gone for the Panasonic over the Canon too. Canon are a good make but I think they focus their development effort more at the high end, Panasonic do very clever things with compact cameras on a budget.

Morning :)

Lots of good thoughts for Michael and Fee :GroupHug:

Alicia :GroupHug: I was just reading about that news on the BBC site :( How awful for the family.

Alex I hope they don't turn out to be up to no good but isn't it awful that it's what you automatically suspect these days :(

It's dry and bright here, even had some sunshine on our walkies. Wet and muddy everywhere but the dogs don't care.

I have been taking pics with the new camera. I am quite impressed with the photo quality and the HD video is just brilliant. Will put some pics/video clips in chat when I have sorted through them all.

Fee4 and Michael :GroupHug:

I had a severe case of bungalow envy this morning, getting a big frightened dog with a poorly leg downstairs :rolleyes: It all started when I woke up to find it was broad daylight and 9 a.m. Wispa normally wakes me at 7.10 precisely, unless she is feeling bored and tries to haul me out at 6.30. I called her, no response, panic stations :ohmy: Located her under the bed, flattened to the carpet. Couldn't get her out as she was in the middle, and it's a double. Had to move bed. She struggled to her feet and couldn't move. I massaged her limbs and discovered an ouchy place quite low on offside hind. Gave her aconite 30, and more gentle massage. In a few minutes she was able to walk a bit on 3 legs, and I helped her downstairs with a scarf sling. She tottered outside for a pee, ate a little bit of breks and was assisted on to her sofa and tucked up under a fleece. I'm treating her with arnica and rest, but will of course see the vet if she doesn't improve quickly. She probably pulled a ligament on the beach yesterday eve and it stiffened up during the night.

If she gets a cut or scrape she doesn't care a bit, she can be dripping blood and not slow up, but something like this really scares her. We have a woe-is-me dying swan performance.

And owlbloke is in hospital in Cardiff, got flu-related chest infection. He is improving and will be home on Monday by the look of things, so he said not to come and visit.

So I am having (hopefully) a quiet weekend at home catching up on various things. Raining hard again so not sorry to be grounded.

All my running around earlier has been done, boys walked, trial run of a Nigella recipe for Christmas cupcakes completed. Work this evening, hopefully no more vomit incidents and it would be nice if the people were a little more polite. As one particularly snotty customer found out last night, I don't answer to "Oi, you" :mad:

100_0326.jpg

100_0352.jpg

100_0353.jpg

starting to think missy is missing seeing other animals as she is still limping a bit and is on restricted exercise and has spent most of the day glued to penguin the tv or any dog that happend to pass by the window! so this afternoon we have made a lot of doggy biscuits and treats which has kept her busy, just hoping ll sorts its self soon think we are all missing going out sad.gif

I created a new logo for TESCO

Current logo - Tesco - Every little helps!!

My New Logo for Warrington Tesco ....

Experience a new way of shopping at Warrington Tesco

Takes the shopping experience to outside like Alfresco

We have staff who shake their head and call us barmy

For spending on pet food for our 4 legged Armed..

Failing that, go and see the ladies on the fish stall,

They dont serve you fish, but entertain you with a brall!!

They will ignore your please for excuse me...

Were not so small that you can miss these queue of three..

If you experience really hasnt hit the mark..

Try getting a trolley from the staff on the car park..

For three of them are fighting and shouting

Dirty old men obscenities, sure Tesco rules must be flouted..!!

Now dont all rush to go to our Tesco..

Well this did happen :huh: went to buy our monthly food shop on pet stuff and the woman at checkout called us mad for spending that amount of money on pets and she wouldnt do it... I was in no mood so retaliated, would you spend it on a kid and she said yes.. i said i wouldnt :laugh: :laugh:

Week after we go for top ups and went to fish counter where their was a full scale argument.. nearly called them fisherwoman but thought better not.. and they ignored all customers and just carried on until i got the manager and asked was their any chance i could be served before the store closed :ohmy: :ohmy:

Then to cap it all yesterday, again to do part xmas shop, got out of car, went to get trolley and three tesco staff really having a go at this bloke who was at the back of trolley bay, hence we couldnt get trolleys and they were full blown at it, I COME TO WORK TO WORK... BLAH BLAH BLAH DIRTY OLD MEN.. and so it continued.. after 5 mins i still stood their like a sardine and hubby trying to drag me away so got the manager again..

He rang me up and said ermmm im really sorry, were not all really like this here :rolleyes: at which point i said i think your staff need some training and burst into hysterics, bet he cringed when i complained about fighting staff again, but apparently they had lots of complaints..

Cant wait for the Christmas Shop pmsl..