UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thryoid has decided now is a good time to play up so it explains why I've felt steam rollered for the last few days, and confused for longer. They don't know why it does it but previous blood tests have come back as *normal*. It flares then all goes back to normal - then they manage to take the blood...next blood test appointment available 4th January, great rolleyes.gif

Shall I pop some thyroxine in the post??

No snow in Chester :biggrin: Di, if you are scaring it away, make sure you keep it away from me too!!!

My mum is here for Christmas with her toy chocolate poodle Rosie. It is the first time Sam and Tessa have met her. They are being very good with her, even though she growls at them every opportunity. It is quite funny watching her growl at Tessa.........she is deaf she couldn't care less!! Anyway, I am very proud of my two for not eating Rosie................yet.

Edited by Angel155

Thats cos it to bloody scared to come up your way :laugh: :laugh: as it will be tortured with boiling water and salt... but did a little robin near that bin, bless it.. :biggrin:

that would be 'dead ard' the robin. He has the front drive and the back garden but cant go past the gates either side as 'dead ard 2' has taken that territory :laugh: He is a tough little sod and dive bombs the sparrows if they try to eat the suet I put out. I have boiling water and salt at the ready for the morning to make sure any snow brave enough to venture this far dies quickly :laugh:

ETA I would send it up to Di. But she would probably turn the hose on me!!!!rolleyes.gif

nooooooo elf and saftey would dictate i cant do that incase it freezes and becomes a hazzard :laugh: Ive had environmental health here today for my anual inspection so Im in a sensible mode. I'm being forced to work another 12 months as they couldnt find anything wrong with the place :laugh:

:GroupHug: Murtle :GroupHug:

I was very cold and decided to put on a fleece that was lying on my bedroom floor. Obviously Kizzy thought it was too cold to go out and was too lazy to come down to the litter tray so she had weed on it :sick01: Norty Kizzy :angry:

I am going for a night out in North Wales tomorrow night, I am hoping that it won't be too snowy :unsure: I was invited to stay over with my friend but I need to come home because Darren and the boys need the car here on Sunday - what a pain!

if you blog using blogger and you have ever fancied a new look for your blog can I plug Kel at Bug Design

Kel has re worked all 3 of Dogstars blogs over the week and she is a bit of a Sirius fan as well :biggrin:

I am totally and utterly stunned at just how fantastic she has made everything look

Sams Blog

Volunteers blog

and maybe the most impressive

Sirius dog blog

Those are nice designs Sam, I agree the Sirius one is particularly good.

Az has a new Aran jumper from K9knitters, as he really seems to be feeling the cold more this year. I think he looks gorgeous in it. Mark came in this evening, opened the door and almost fell over laughing. :angry: Apparently there is something hilarious about the vision of a little old lurcher in knitwear. :laugh:

Those are nice designs Sam, I agree the Sirius one is particularly good.

Az has a new Aran jumper from K9knitters, as he really seems to be feeling the cold more this year. I think he looks gorgeous in it. Mark came in this evening, opened the door and almost fell over laughing. :angry: Apparently there is something hilarious about the vision of a little old lurcher in knitwear. :laugh:

My litter lancy heeler shivers like mad and has a wardrobe of woolies, shes currently sporting a princess t shirt and a body warmer in pink with spoiled on back although me finks it should read spoilt!.. ironically other day i bought a pink one as well lol..buts shes all warm and lovely till i take it off her tommorrow and then its jumpers lol..

Evening

Greysmum Ipswich never can cope with this kind of weather can it. My sister is always reminding me of that. She's having to walk to work on Sundays as they took a load of buses off. Even worse in this weather. Keep safe :GroupHug:

Pleased Millie has been out in it enjoying herself though :wub:

Munchkin2 is a little sweetie :wub:

One of the ladies left to go on maternity leave today so the company dished the wine out and cakes for us all. I've really landed on my feet at this place. I was told the Xmas party is on 9th Jan and it's an all day and into the evening thing. Partners invited for the evening meal and all paid for by the company. We're going to the Chill Factor in the day time which is a snow dome type place.

Edited by Jacobean

Munchkin2 is a little sweetie :wub:

One of the ladies left to go on maternity leave today so the company dished the wine out and cakes for us all. I've really landed on my feet at this place. I was told the Xmas party is on 9th Jan and it's an all day and into the evening thing. Partners invited for the evening meal and all paid for by the company. We're going to the Chill Factor in the day time which is a snow dome type place.

Re The Munchkin:

Thank you, but don't be fooled, Michelle. Last time he was at his other Grandma's he opened her fridge, took out the eggs one by one and dropped them on the floor! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So pleased the new job is working out and it's a nice place to work. It makes such a difference. :flowers:

Edited by Spins4me

Michelle, that sounds really great.

Greysmum, hope you are safely home by now. I used to hate snowy weather when I did home care. It's so tiring and stressful driving in it.

No snow here, very sunny day but freezing. Now that she is all well again, Wispa has stopped snuggling up with me and Polly and has gone back to sleeping downstairs so she can guard the front door. It's blooming cold down there, so she is wearing her padded dayglo orange coat with the sleeves and chest warmer.

Roll on Jan 6th when the blokies from Warm Front turn up to insulate the loft.