UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

FAO: Purple_mog

I asked OH and this was his response. Hope it helps :flowers:

I have used these - http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/bontrager_self_sealing_innertube.html they are the road version of the slime tyres. They are dead good. They will seal after being pierced so remove any glass and spin the wheel to fill the holes, then pump up.

For commuting, something like the Specialized Armadillo tyre has a good reputation. http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCEqSection.jsp?sid=EquipTires700_Flat

For weekend riding, tyres such as the Continental GP All season are pretty good.

Glass shards will work their way through the tyre so it is good practice to check the tyres periodically and remove any bits of glass or flint, if they have made a hole in the tyre, fill it with superglue. Check always after riding in the rain as the rain water acts as a lubricant and gets bits into the tyres faster.

If tyres are worn out (going a bit square / flat along the centre) replace as they will be more prone to punctures due to the tread being thinner.

Murtle

xxx

C is away on camp for another week. I am beginning to wonder what the point is in being married to someone I never see. He left at 9.30 this morning so we saw each other for 2 hours. Which is 2 hours more than we've seen each other all week. I can't remember the last time we had a day off together. He brought his new shift pattern home too - it's even worse than the one they are running now. He will have one weekend off in five. I'm starting to understand the divorce rate within the police force.

You didn't have them round your ankles again did you? Tut.

Think I'm getting old. The neighbours at the back are obviously having a party. Viz are freaked by a gazebo type effort they've put up in the garden. Music has started and all I can hear is bump bump bump (see that's an age thing isn't it) unless it's tradition Polish music cos they is Polish. This is the 3rd time they've done this in about 6 weeks and normally there is much music, much loud shouting and laughing until about 4am. Oh good. I'm really looking forward to this NOT.

going to neighbours 25th wedding celebration and then off to pub

jacobean

in the morning (say at 9 am) play some good old fashioned heavy metal or D&B with the speakers pointed in their direction.

or go round and join in

or throw a petrol bomb

Think I'm getting old. The neighbours at the back are obviously having a party. Viz are freaked by a gazebo type effort they've put up in the garden. Music has started and all I can hear is bump bump bump (see that's an age thing isn't it)

Oh dear, hope it doesn't bother you too much. :flowers:

Lots more gentle :GroupHug: for George

:GroupHug: Khanu

Hope you're feeling better jazz, and managed to get the top off the cough medicine bottle :GroupHug:

We have not been back long from taking my friend Sharon and her mum to Wellsbourne market. My friend had to go round in a wheelchair as she has had a hip replacement. Keith was in control, I think she enjoyed the handbrake turns! Was dry when we got there, but we got caught in the biggest downpour I've seen this year! Found some shelter under one of the stalls, but blimey, so much for summer. I was well prepared and had my long sleeve top as well as a fleece and waterproof coat. I still look like Worzell Gummidge's mum though :rolleyes:

Got back to Sharon's for some doggy cuddles from her greyhound Olly, who is seven years old today. Here he is with Sharon at last week's birthday bash. (He's on the right, Sharon is behind him)

DSCF2987.jpg

I quite like not being hungry,I've had time to do other things instead of cooking and eating! :biggrin:

George & Yantan :GroupHug: and all poorly Fugees and animals.

My lot are doing well with their foster carers. Mike was worried because the giant land snails aren't doing very much :laugh: and is now reassured that it is normal for them to do as little as possible. He hasn't seen Petal hamster at all, but food is being eaten. Robos are very nocturnal, and this one more than most.

Been wet all day, but now there is a lovely sunset.

sorry guys another woe is me post.

I have just had to go cap in hand to my dad for some money, which I didnt want to do as it kind of defeats the object of me chaning my name etc etc. But anyway, I'm kind of desperate and its not like he would miss it (new 4 bed house, brand new car for him and Hilary). Plus I offered to pay him back!

Just had an email back saying he has heard I am working two jobs (my nan :rolleyes: ), I have a mortgage and I run a car so I don't really need a bail out. Pkus he has just given each of my brothers £2k each 'as they still have the time of day for him'.

He is right as it was my choice to not speak to him anymore, but he is an absolute tosspot

(sorry guys, I know it makes me a hypocrite and stuff!)

I'm all out of bombs. Think I'll do the loud music when they've got hangovers in the morning. I've got some great stuff I can force them to listen to.

Scooby very kindly decided to make his own tea while I was in the shower. Saves me washing his bowl up apparently. He is looking a bit more round shaped than usual so he'll be wondering why he's been starved when the others have theirs. :rolleyes:

:GroupHug: Jazz. You could do with a gadget to help get tops off bottles.

Cheryl you know what I'm going to say don't you. If the shoe was on the other foot what would your answer be. I'm guessing you would tell him to go take a running jump.