UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

Not great Jules. We are going to see the vet this morning. I am hoping he will be able to adjust George's medication so he is less doped and that it may help sort his back end out. I think I'd rather have him fitting than see him like this :( I can cope with the wee'ing and poo'ing in the house but I struggle to lift him up when he goes splat.

poor George :GroupHug:

Morning :flowers:

I have had some sort of virus this week and felt proper poorly. didn't help that for the most part I just thought I had over indulged last weekend, but it turned out to be a virus! :rolleyes:

Have skimmed a lot through the week, so know there are a few people needing :GroupHug:

Lots to worry about here this week, poorly dogs and cars and stressy work. Hopefully things will improve soon.

Off to Wellsbourne market later, so will chill out today, still don't have a lot of energy. Taking my friend who has kindly lent me her car for the past four weeks while mine was having hissy fits.

Hope everyone else has has a good day. :flowers:

Lots of good wishes for George :GroupHug:

I've taken the rabble to the park for a good run and play (them, not me - I'm only referee-ing! :wacko: ). Had brekkies, and I'm now about to set off for weekly shop, followed by barbers, followed by laundry, followed by next dog walk, if it all goes to plan :wacko:

Hope all goes well for Georgie.

Have had breakfast (grapefruit, then egg and beans on toast!) and am now contemplating preparing for a "Mrs B" excusion tomorrow - catering in a barn for a handful of doggy folks. Haven't got my head around it at all for various reasons, and am all too aware of little challenges ahead tomorrow - like the fact that I can only use a kettle, and I can only have one plugged in at a time, otherwise the electrics blow in the barn!

Normally by now I would have had loads of stuff prepared - instead of which, although I've done the shopping and the paperwork, I've done no cooking at all.

Off to write lists and lists of what I need to prepare, not forgetting the Mars Bar Cake. Meantime, the hams are cooking!

Don't think I'll be around much today!

Oh, and I'd better rush the washing outside ............ while the sun is actually shining (ChickenTikka and I seem to be sharing the same weather this week!)

Edited by Mrs B

:GroupHug: for George

I'm having a rough day today, i've felt really well for the last 10 days and got loads of stuff done but today i've crashed for want of a better word. I ache so much and everythings an effort, at least my doctor seems to be taking me seriously now although hes not too sure its just down to arthritis so blood tests have been done and i have an xray on my stiffening right hand next week.I am being pathetic and woe is me :rolleyes: so i'll shut up now!

I've made you a coffee Helly but seeing as you are a fair few miles down south from me I shall have to drink it for you :wink:

The vet wasn't at all happy to see George in such a state and said straight off that his meds would have to be adjusted downwards even tho it probably means he will get the seizures back. Although it always takes time for the body to adjust to the meds we should have started to see some evidence of George getting used to them by now but it seems that George is just unlucky to fall into the small percentage group of dogs who react badly to higher dosages of epi meds.

The vet and I both agreed that we would rather take the chance of the seizures coming back if it will give George some better quality life back. I have to wean him down gradually so it will likely be a couple of weeks or so before we see a difference. If George goes into a cluster again I have to give him diazapam to try and stop it but at least he will recover from the effects of the diazapam within a few hours.

Archie came along too as he has become very itchy due to what I thought was grass mites and the vet confirmed this. So he has had a jab to make him more comfortable. I was very pleased when the vet told me he was in otherwise super A1 condition and that he wished all the pet dogs he saw were as lean and fit with such great muscle tone as the Archibald :biggrin:

I hope Gorgeous George is feeling better very soon :wub:

JulesB, do you remember sending me some seeds? Well, I'm off to get some pickling spice for my lovely beetroot which has grown very well. Hope I've got enough jars! :biggrin:

I do remember, glad they have grown well for you :flowers:

After all my big talk of vegetable gardening, all I've managed to grow is two pots of weedy salad :rolleyes:

We have just had a long walk at Gibside, our local National Trust property. There was a craft and re-use, recycle fair on so we have come home with some hand cream and a pot of raspberry jam. I would so love to have some creative talent, there was so much lovely stuff for sale I could have spent a fortune. Princess Fairy Lurcher Tess had many admirers, Whuppety Jake was most put out as he's usually the one that people dive on :laugh: :wub:

:GroupHug: CRB

Afternoon

Sorry to hear Marge & CRB have been so poorly. Hope you get sorted soon CRB.

Poor George. Hope he is doing better soon. Very worrying for you and not nice to have to see him like that. :GroupHug:

With Martyn out from under my feet I'm going to get lots done around the house. I doubt I'll get up to much in the garden as it's so wet.