UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

Happy Birthday Polly Puli :wub: :wub: :wub:

I empathise with neighbour problems too. I no longer have a sh*tty neighbour as she passed away.

Im realiseding that living in the middle of fields with no neighbours is an advantage. 50 or so barking dogs is the only downside sometimes :laugh:

I think 50 barking dogs would be far preferable to many neighbours! I was amazed when I stayed with a friend who works in rescue and lives on site, just how quiet the kennels were from her house, once the centre was closed. Would never have known they were right behind the garden! I'm taking it you don't get that same peace and quiet?

I phoned up to see if they had my blood test results back yet..doctor hasn't commented on the full bloods, but the test which shows alterations due to ovarian cancer is normal :biggrin: which is a mega relief, but regarding the liver function, there is a letter coming out to me asking me to take in an early morning urine sample. Why?? I wish they would tell you why they want these things, now I'm going to be convincing myself I have liver damage (peering in the mirror to see if the whites of my eyes are going yellow or anything!) :wacko:

I phoned up to see if they had my blood test results back yet..doctor hasn't commented on the full bloods, but the test which shows alterations due to ovarian cancer is normal :biggrin: which is a mega relief, but regarding the liver function, there is a letter coming out to me asking me to take in an early morning urine sample. Why?? I wish they would tell you why they want these things, now I'm going to be convincing myself I have liver damage (peering in the mirror to see if the whites of my eyes are going yellow or anything!) :wacko:

Really pleased to hear the test was normal :GroupHug: Hope the other test is nothing to worry about too :flowers:

I think 50 barking dogs would be far preferable to many neighbours! I was amazed when I stayed with a friend who works in rescue and lives on site, just how quiet the kennels were from her house, once the centre was closed. Would never have known they were right behind the garden! I'm taking it you don't get that same peace and quiet?

its remarkably peacefull most evenings. day times is full on barking and its a bit wearing at times, and sometimes at night if the foxes are yipping, or the owls are screeching, it will kick start a bit of a rant from the dogs, which can be annoying when im trying to get to sleep.

There seems to be a lot of poorly folk here today, have some :GroupHug: :flowers: and I hope you all feel better soon.

Sleep tight Gemma :wub:

Sorry about your neighbours Snow, not nice at all. :angry:

Happy 14th birthday Polly :party:

Glad the blood test was ok Suzeanna :flowers:

Hmm Jazz, like a bit of Pepsi do you? :ohno02:

Had to stay in the office all day so decided to cancel the insurance for Spike. I realised I've not actually said it out loud, just by email or forum, so it was a bit difficult. Good thing no one spoke to me afterwards, I can't cope with people talking about it at the moment. Next thing there was a delivery for me, Spike's remembrance teddy. It's gorgeous, even better than the picture, in a strange way it cheered me up. :wub:

Only tomorrow and half day Thursday to go, then I've finished work till Sept 1st.

Happy Birthday Polly Owl :flowers: :wub:

My friend, Helen, died today :( We have been expecting it after she was taken ill about 6 weeks ago with cancer.

I would like to think she's now reunited with her beloved cats. Helen bought herself a new bed and it was too high for her last remaining cat to jump on, cat was elderly and infirm, so Helen moved into one of her spare rooms where the bed was low enough for the cat to get up (with the aid of a step)as she loved to snuggle up to her mum at night. Old cat went to the Bridge at Christmas - I never thought her mum would be joining her so soon :mecry:

Yantan :GroupHug: so sorry you have lost your friend. Will light a candle for her.

Happy birthday Polly wub.gif 14 is a very impressive age. I didn't realise she was a rescue as pulis are pretty unusual

Yes, Polly was a poundie, picked up 5 years ago by the Hull DW after living rough for some time in a right state. Chipped to an address in Brum which no longer exists and to an owner who couldn't be traced, and may have died. Pulis often live to 17 or even longer, so I hope she will be bossing us around for a few years yet.

Amy :GroupHug: is there anyone at work you could discuss this with?

Suzeanna, hope the other test is clear as well.

My mum now has a carer coming in for 1/2 an hour 3 times a day. Very nice lady, mum says. I'm pleased as I have been trying to persuade everyone that this is the way forward, at least until mum gets all her strength back.

• Like 1

roll on 2010-im sick to death of 2009

SIL-out of hosp following major surgery for ovarian cancer-but now tripping on the pain killers.

my grandmother-in hosp-borrowed time

OH cousin-dropped dead on sunday

OH best mate-major heart attack

i worked out i have been to so many funerls this year that I am well into double figures

ive got a chest infection...again

lovely electrician who is a love (slightly obsessed with electrics & keeps trying to explain finer detail) has found several major issues in house-so im now £720 lighter-but a lot safer-the chaps who put the new kitchen in didnt do all the lecky right-and i have the photographic evidence-and nice man also found the gas pipe to cooker-instead of being bracketed to wall was supported by a box of screws!!

i am seeing kitchen man on Monday-and i hope hes wearing kevlar knickers-as i am in the mood to explain in fairly graphic detail what i think of him & his workmanship

and breathe fee-breathe

fee