UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

I'm going to have to ring the doctor's for an appointment. My shoulder just seems to be getting worse and worse :mecry: I feel muscles bunched up and other odd sensations all the way from my neck down to my lower back, and the wierd pins and needles I was getting in the other shoulder is back :mecry: PLus it's making my head ache.

I feel cranky and very sorry for myself which is carp on my only day off :mecry:

If you can't get to the Doctors get yourself to an osteopath or someone similar (I'd suggest osteopaths over chiropractors where muscles are concerned.

Hopefully if you do get to see a doctor, they will refer you to someone, NOT just give you painkillers which may just mask the pain.

xxx

Think I'm having a carb crash :unsure: I've gone all shaky

Have put so mucf stuff up in the loft I'm a bit worried about the ceiling falling in :laugh:

Still, I have mostly uncovered the spare room, so that's good. Just ignoring my shoulder as there's nothing I can do about it today. Don't think it's bad enough to go to Aber.

If you can't get to the Doctors get yourself to an osteopath or someone similar (I'd suggest osteopaths over chiropractors where muscles are concerned.

Hopefully if you do get to see a doctor, they will refer you to someone, NOT just give you painkillers which may just mask the pain.

xxx

Thank you :flowers: I hopefully will get a docs appointment tomorrow and will certainly be asking for treatment other than painkillers, which I know will be no use whatsoever. Something is causing this and not just a pulled something or other.

Hadn't thought of trying an osteopath - will have a look to see if I can find a local one.

Thank you :flowers: I hopefully will get a docs appointment tomorrow and will certainly be asking for treatment other than painkillers, which I know will be no use whatsoever. Something is causing this and not just a pulled something or other.

Hadn't thought of trying an osteopath - will have a look to see if I can find a local one.

It sounds very much like a trapped or pinched nerve - in which case osteo/chiro or a good remedial massage therapist is your best bet as doctors don't tend to be terribly good with musculoskeletal things BUT your doc may be able to refer you for osteo treatment if you're lucky :)

/massage therapist head off now

went to doctors today for xray results on my knee and saw a different doc who has no idea why the other doctor sent me for xrays as they do not show up what we were looking for :rolleyes: so am now two weeks down the line, my knee is worse and im waiting for an MRI scan appointment.

i only want a leg that works and doesnt give way leaving me in a crumpled heap on the floor, surely thats not too much to ask

im such a rubbish patient :rolleyes: i have no time to be sick

I'd lend you mine but I'm using it for running at the moment. Hope your appointment comes through quickly.

It's been really hot here. Got a bit much when I was out with the dogs. Fergus was great onlead today as there was nothing going on to have a nosey at, Bracken rolled in something so got a scrubbed neck when he got home and Scooby was just Scooby who saw a cat and got very excited. I love not working.

I got bitten today by an unruly dog. I was too busy to go the walk in centre, so i gave it a good scrub with anticeptic handwash - ouch, covered it with a spray on plaster - ouch again, and am hoping tomorows anti biotics for my chest infection will double up and deal with it if it goes manky. Like Rumpole, I am too busy to be sick :wacko:

Evening. Today we were out with some friends and were in a little church garden when we saw a pigeon resting - noticed it had a ring around a leg so I phoned the local wildlife people to see what to do - they said to leave the bird if they were able to fly (which they were, we tested it) and that it was probably having a rest on the way home from a race. I gave him/her some water from my portable bowl which they seemed grateful for and left them some tuna cake crumbs broken up (which our garden birds have and love) and had to trust all would be ok. They didn't seem injured but were amazingly tame, I held the water bowl up to their head :wub: Really hope they got home safely and have a nice home. I wanted to bring them home to live in the garden :blush: Weird thing, pigeon racing.

glad she is safe, what a worry, was she being walked offlead in a strange area and if so why??....

Mine dont go offlead in places I do know where they can escape, call me paranoid but their safety is my number one priority. and they dont notice the difference, they just walk wherever i go.

Dogs are all different, I don't think you can make rules that fit all of them, and the owners have to make their own decisions. I'm sure Jade's owners will be specially careful in future.

If you were walking mine onlead for a week, believe me you'd see a difference, they are used to a couple of hours offlead a day in lots of different places, so they expect it. If not, there tend to be suddenly a *lot* of reinactments of Mollydog's Greatest Races around the livingroom, not to mention a lot of yodelling - and greyhounds are supposed to be sedentary dogs that do well onlead! :laugh:

I agree with Victoria, it depends on the dog. Mins goes off lead pretty much everywhere we go, no problems. Sno I'm more wary of in case a noise spooks him but that doesn't mean he's never been anywhere different. Obviously I'd not let any of them off right next to a busy road, but other than that, I don't see a problem - different if the dog has rubbish recall, doesn't come back if there are distractions, is likely to chase something etc.

It does depend on the dog, but I have to say that quite a high proportion of dogs who get lost do so outside their home area, or when in their home area but in the care of other people e.g. when their usual person is on hols. They seem to become less predictable in those situations. Worth bearing in mind.

very last kennel on the left, 27 - Ruben. he went home today thank god. Im deliberately not naming the breed so as not to offend anyone who owns one :unsure:

Who bit you Di? Maybe the same one who gave me a big scary look yesterday as I walked past him and then gave a low growl when I gave him his brekkie? :rolleyes:

I would guess the evil looks and low growl came from the dog, same breed as ruben but brown and smaller and not at all happy in kennels... about 8 or 10 on the right?

I got bitten today by an unruly dog. I was too busy to go the walk in centre, so i gave it a good scrub with anticeptic handwash - ouch, covered it with a spray on plaster - ouch again, and am hoping tomorows anti biotics for my chest infection will double up and deal with it if it goes manky. Like Rumpole, I am too busy to be sick :wacko:

Stop poking dogs inside the mouth mate :cool: it's not cool! :rolleyes: :laugh:

Our old sick dogs managed an hour and a half of well paced walking in the woods today. Wasn't supposed to be that long, but we got a bit lost :huh: