UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the storm over us was fantastic last night, no rain, no thunder just a terrific light show, Matt and I were up until after 2 am watching it, woke up this morning to a beautiful day outside

could you shoooo it down the m6 then please as its still thundering and pissin down here :laugh:

I have just about bit some blokes head off - I am very unimpressed - I was just getting dressed when there was a knock at door, I look down see orange thru the glass and assume its the postman, throw on dressing gown and race down to the door - open it and theres a rather nice looking young bloke with a clip board, bloke says ah you weren't expecting me then? Me all flustered - umm no? him - I'm here about the gas and electricity meters? me oh eh right k lemme get the keys they are round the side ... him... oh no I'm not here to read the meters, they should have been read last week didn't he call here? me... ummm he might have seen hubby... him: he didnt leave a card for you to read them yourself? me: errrm not that I've seen no .... him: oh well he must have seen your hubby then, and thats probably why you weren't expecting me... me: oh ok (DOH!) him: I'm here to check your tariffs .... at which point the penny drops and I was FURIOUS the lying fecker was on a doorstep marketing call!! He has been told his fortune well and truly about misrepresenting himself to try and sell me something I don't want I've also put the fear of god into him by demanding to see his military issued permit to sell on a military patch (they don't exsist but he clearly didnt know that) I got a load of waffle about his supervisor having one for all the men on site -me: oh really thats odd since you are all supposed to have photo id ... so he's scarpered thinking I'm inside calling out the guard commander rolleyes.gif I'm livid tho - every single part of his approach to me was a lie how many people have been conned by this kinda thing???? I thought it was against the law to misrepresent yourself like this?

i hate people like that Snow. I never answer the door unless I know we are expecting someone (although our front door leads right onto our living room so they can see me!)

We had a guy the other month trying to get me to sign over £20 a month to some kids in a foreign country, he tried to push his way into my house and then got shirty when I wouldn't hand my bank details over!

He wasn't from N Power was he? We had a woman turn up not so long ago to talk about our gas supply - and gave the impression she was from the company we were already using, which she wasn't. She asked who we were with and I told her politely that I wasn't willing to disclose that, after finding out she was from another company. She tried asking again and I told her again that I wasn't going to tell her as it was none of her business - at which point she looked at Rob as if to give him a :rolleyes: look about his own wife! She left pretty soon after that, cheeky mare.

He could well have been Ange, they have been here a few times and are very persistent even when I am really bloody rude to them, I now just shut the door on them mid sentence - this chap didn't offer me any id or tell me who he was with - yet another reason why he put my back up.

One called here at mums the other day, no introduction or ID, addressed me as "sweetheart" and said he had looked at the roof and saw it was in need of attention as it moss growing on it, so he could do me a special rate on some roof-sealing process. :rolleyes: There is no moss to speak of, just one or two bits of lichen here and there.

Sorry you are still feeling poorly, Jazz.

We had a thunderstorm earlier but apart from that it has been OK.

Urban life is driving me up the wall. The excitement of having shops within walking distance has worn off already. If I can get reverse gear on mum's car - no luck so far - I can take us out for a drive into Clumber Park to get an eyeful of serious greenery. Will have another go and if no luck will call garage.

It's looking very likely now that my company is being sold off to a competitor. The competitor already has a centralised Procurement department, so the threat of redundancy looms ever large. The statutory redundancy pay is rubbish as well. It will all be clear within the next few weeks and the redundancies will be fairly immediate.