UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

Oh Alex, that's rubbish news, it must be very worrying. I hope things work out OK for you :GroupHug:

Be careful Billy :laugh:

I got so wet mooching round Scarborough in the rain with my family yesterday I had to squelch into a shop and buy some £7 jeans to drive home in. I didn't think to buy pants though, which was a big mistake :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fifth puncture this month :( Just rang my friendly bike shop and they are suggesting I try new tyres before any of the anti-puncture stuff

Are you on road tyres or MTB tyres? and are you road riding or MTB?

If road, I can ask OH what he suggests, though i know he (since I bought him some of the tyres with the green gunge in) does like the anti-puncture stuff. But if you don't want to try that and it's road, let me know what you are using and I'll ask him as testing bike kit is what he does!!!

Did you get your candy floss though?

No, I was too stuffed from the fish & chips :laugh: but the kids managed a giant ice cream though :biggrin:

It was a great British seaside day out. We went on the water splash ride - like we were not wet enough - and the blokes manning the ride gave us two goes as we were the only crazy people to go on it that day :wacko:

Hi Fugees,

Sorry you had such worrying news, Alex, and hope you can sort something out quickly if you do get made redundant,

Mum's car is an X reg Daewoo, I think it is a Lanos or something like that. The diagram on the gear knob shows exactly where the gears are.

I've lifted, pushed down, pushed across, wiggled it about, but no luck.

Edited by owl

Hi Fugees,

Sorry you had such worrying news, Alex, and hope you can sort something out quickly if you do get made redundant,

Mum's car is an X reg Daewoo, I think it is a Lanos or something like that. The diagram on the gear knob shows exactly where the gears are.

I've lifted, pushed down, pushed across, wiggled it about, but no luck.

if i remember rightly with Daewoo, reverse is forward left? you have to lift it. try putting it in first gear first, to get a feel for where that is, then hit the clutch again and aim to lift it over that first gear.

Been in bed for hours and cant sleep so thought I would get up again, have redyed my hair a very nice shade of dark purple (mm could start a pop group, oh no that name has already been took lol), and now on a brew and some very nice strawberries and cream shortbread. It looks like lazydisy should have gone to bed earlier though as she has travelled through the time barrier, but hey it could well nearly be the 1st August somewhere in the world :laugh:

morning all , have never been so busy so internet time is minimum at the moment

popping into town later to see new vaccine supplier and tommorow have post op clinic check ups

I have not read back and have no idea whats going on with you chaps ( or in the UK in general )

hope every one is okay

Sam x

Are you on road tyres or MTB tyres? and are you road riding or MTB?

If road, I can ask OH what he suggests, though i know he (since I bought him some of the tyres with the green gunge in) does like the anti-puncture stuff. But if you don't want to try that and it's road, let me know what you are using and I'll ask him as testing bike kit is what he does!!!

Oooooh! Its all road stuff - basically the problem is my commute to work which is almost all on cycle paths or rough roads but a fair amount of glass shards :( I use a Dawes Horizon touring bike for commute and a Giant Peloton racing bike for training at the weekends. After the bike shop mentioned checking the state of my tyres I can see :blush02: that the Dawes tyres are actually looking rather perished so should change them at least. Currently riding on Continental road tyres but wondering if slightly knobbly ones might help (700x32 size).

Hoping to get to the bike shop on Saturday to replace with whatever I need...

morning. crazy day in boarding today. I will start running in about 30 mins and am unlikely to stop running till the day is over.

Hope it's not too bad, have seen you running round enough on a "quiet" Friday :flowers:

I have run out of coffee :ohmy:

Darren and the boys are off to church camp for a week tomorrow, I need to get everything organised :wacko: