UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an upside to being a grumpy old mare when it's tooooo hottttt - hubby knows to defuse the situation quick smart :rolleyes: :laugh: so he declared that he wouldn't be expecting me to cook his tea and instead took us both out for all you can eat Chinese :biggrin: :wub: anyone in Wiltshire who ends up anywhere near Wootton Bassett I cannot recommend The Oriental Aroma highly enough! The food was superb, and loads of it, the service was first class and best of all for all us smoking pariah's there are tables on the terrace where theres a lovely small formal garden and fountain and you can smoke! Hubby isn't the greatest fan of Chinese food but even he was impressed and raving about the dishes we tried, it's well worth opting for the chef's selection for starters as you get to try a little of all the best dishes. We had, deep fried chilli beansprouts (absolutely delicious), battered chicken balls, curry parcels, spring rolls, sticky chicken wings, honeyed spare ribs, chicken satay, crab stuffed chicken, and a vegetable rosti thngy, all with lots of different dipping sauces, followed by aromatic duck and aromatic pork with rice pancakes and plum sauce, and then we moved on to the main courses!! :ohmy: :laugh: Needless to say I mananged only a few bites of my chicken & mushroom with fried rice before admitting defeat but there were over 60 dishes on the main course menu and we could have had every single one of them if we wanted plus there's no time limit, you can go in at 5pm and stay till 11pm and they'll bring food whenever you are ready for another course. Fantastic value for £13.80 per person.

massive hugs and good thoughts coming your way Abby :GroupHug:

my dad's heart is playing up again and he was rushed back into hospital this afternoon :mecry:

Im not sure if I should go camping (well b&bing!!) this weekend :unsure:

I hope your dad feels better when they get him on the right medication. Its surprising how quick some people can recover when getting the right treatment.

:GroupHug:

Hello, its been quite a while since I visited.

Yesterday I had bad news, today I thought long and hard about the dark side I have been for the last few months. I had a pm from Abby a few weeks ago, thanks to that PM, today has been a turning point.

Abby :flowers: thank you!

Coryn, I was thinking about you yesterday. Did you finally get your diagnosis for your chest pains? I am glad that you are at a turning point. Its not something I have really had to deal with so can only offer :GroupHug:

I am making a list of things to do for my 'day off' before we go camping. I currently have 13 things I HAVE to do and that doesnt include eating. :rolleyes:

but does involve important visits to famiy/friends that have to be done tomorrow. I think I am going to need to order some extra hours in the day!

Abby :GroupHug:

Joshnbecks :GroupHug:

Yantan - Glad to hear George is happy. Quick recovery thoughts for Ruby.

Lizzie :GroupHug: I hope things continue to improve for you.

Snow that all sounds delicious. A friend of mine, for reasons only known to himself, always called aromatic duck - automatic duck :unsure:

MR Manly Handsome T - My humblest apologies. I'm afraid that is a classic typing error of mine. Will you forgive me and still come over to see me please, please, pretty please :bigflower: :bigheart: :liebe94:

Sally has taken to lunging at strange dogs. Not a good move.

I don't really know why or what for, as soon as we have walked past them she is back to normal.

Anyone any ideas?

Get 'Control Unleashed' by Lesley McDevitt, best money you'll ever spend on a dog training book :flowers:(purple_mog, don't you dare laughing, it's all your fault! :wink:)

V concerned again for Mummy Owl. She still can't eat properly, her lungs are still not clear and no one can work out why. On Weds she is to have a bronchioscopy to look inside her lungs, which sounds rather horrible but she says she will be heavily sedated.

Mummy Owlbloke is doing rather better and is expected to be home in a couple of days.

Sorry to hear about Mummy Owl. I hope they'll soon find what is bothering her and will be able to treat it. :flowers:

Glad to hear that Mummy Owlbloke is doing better though! :) Do the two ladies concerned know that they are being referred to as Mummy Owl and Mummy Owlbloke btw? :unusre:

Your other posts crack me up Owl please keep em coming! :laugh:

massive hugs and good thoughts coming your way Abby :GroupHug:

my dad's heart is playing up again and he was rushed back into hospital this afternoon :mecry:

Im not sure if I should go camping (well b&bing!!) this weekend :unsure:

Hoping your Dad will be okay and that you'll be able to come Becks :flowers:

:wavey: hi Lizzie! Good to see you!

RMF: Work is hell at the moment, I'm so fed up with it! But not as fed up as when I'd be without a job, so I am doing my bestest to grin and bear it. Just means I'm tired and on a short fuse most of the time though (if anyone finds Sparky and Kiera in front of their door with their suitcases, you can safely assume that they've become fed up with me and have taken off in search of pastures new and more entertaining :( ). The weather here's been pants today, which doesn't help, and tomorrow apparently is going to be the hottest and sunniest day of the year, which doesn't help either when you're stuck in an office. Oh dear I'm whinging and moaning again, someone shut me up :rolleyes:

:D Nice try. Tis very tempting *sigh* but I can't. Not just yet.

Fugees don't mind being asked for a bit of sympathy and a virtual hug for stuff they don't know what it's about, do you? Would tell if I could. Will soon, I promise :unsure: Tis a lovely secret but as I say today I am quite bothered by aspects of it :sad02:

Are you pregnant abby? :unsure:

Hello :wavey:

MR Manly Handsome T - My humblest apologies. I'm afraid that is a classic typing error of mine. Will you forgive me and still come over to see me please, please, pretty please :bigflower: :bigheart: :liebe94:

Mr T says, seeing as you called him handsome, not pretty .......

DSC00838.jpg

and

Do you make very nice pilchard cake?

[quote name='BillyMalc' date='Jun 30 2009, 09:42 PM' post='851214

Sorry to hear about Mummy Owl. I hope they'll soon find what is bothering her and will be able to treat it. :flowers:

Glad to hear that Mummy Owlbloke is doing better though! :) Do the two ladies concerned know that they are being referred to as Mummy Owl and Mummy Owlbloke btw? :unusre:

Your other posts crack me up Owl please keep em coming! :laugh:

Always glad to provide light entertainment as well as serious stuff :) No the two ladies don't know that at all. Mummy Owl is usually known as Clarice, and Mummy Owlbloke as Our Mam.

TraceyS, I did wonder that but didn't like to say. Thought it might be a sudden discovery that it is quads or something :unsure:

:GroupHug: aww bless, Clarice is just the perfect name for a Mummy Owl. I do hope that the docs manage to find out what is wrong.

I am too tired to be bothered to go to bed..............it's all that fiffle faffle before you can actually climb into bed that gets me.

So Abby is getting a quad bike :speak_cool: