UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mal Not Well

BillyMalc

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gorgeous man has gone.

We spent most of the morning in the garden, where he insisted on lying on the grottiest patch of concrete - which he only started doing during the last few days. I laid next to him and he shuffled so that I could put my arm around him and he could lean his head into mine. I think that's when we said goodbye. He was able to say goodbye to everyone who's known and loved him for all those years, especially his aunty Maggie, who's held a special place in his heart since day one.

He insisted on one last walkies just before Purrpuss arrived with the sedative. She said he had changed so much since Saturday, when she last saw him. It definitely was the right time. Mal fell asleep in another patch of the garden, in the sun, and Sparky and Kiera and my mum said goodbye to him there. We took him to the vet and I held an already pretty much unconscious Mal until the anaesthetic kicked in and he'd gone.

It was the right time, Mal had stopped enjoying life, and he wasn't going to get better. I know he'll be with me in spirit forever, but just knowing now that I'll never look into his eyes again, or stroke his soft, floppy ears or be able to plant a kiss on those curly hairs on his neck, that hurts so much right now :mecry: :mecry:

Thank you so much for all your support, it really is what's helping em get through this. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Ian - unfortunately Mal never even got to see his ramp :( I'm thinking I might try and sell it, with the money going to Greek Animal Rescue, the charity to which I owe more than 7 of the happiest years of my life.

Billy, my heart is breaking for you and the misery and pain you must be feeling right now :mecry: :GroupHug:

Mal couldn't have wished for a more caring and loving friend by his side. Sleep tight handsome lad, to the sweetest of dreams :wub:

I've posted on the other thread, but just wanted to say how good it was that Mal had those last precious hours with his mum, and that you had time to be with him while he rested in his garden. I'm so glad he had time to say his last goodbyes to everyone who loved him. :wub:

Night night, Mal sweetheart.