UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mal Not Well

BillyMalc

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is Barbara Jones indeed! The details of the diet are in the article, will study that as soon as HRH Malcolm gives me a few minutes off ...

Mal was diagnosed with T-cell lymphoma 21 months ago now and has been doing fine up to 2 weeks ago :( Would you mind me mentioning your little Jan to my vet, as she's done some research and said that she could find no case studies with dogs with lymphoma :)

No problem at all with that Billy-more than happy for you to mention Jan's case to her. Let me know if she would like to to speak to our vet as he is very co-operative :) If so I will pm you the contact info'.

Hope Mal is battling on ok :GroupHug:

Billy this is the stuff we use in Sri Lanka NUTRI-CAL

Thanks for the link, Sam :flowers: I had a look at the ingredients list tho, and as the main ingredient is corn syrup unfortunately it's not suitable for Mal as he's not supposed to have any sugar :(

So we went on this trip to Oswestry today, and picked up CV247 from Barbara Jones, the vet, who is a lovely woman by the way :) Got the diet sheet as well and got almost excited, in a morbid kind of way, about sourcing organic meat for Mal. There still is one little problem tho: the only thing he eats at the moment is liver cake (and loads of grass when he's outside :unsure:)! He had a bit of chopped up liver in his, as balanced as possible, dinner, and he ate some of that and a tiny bit of the rest, but no way did it come anywhere near what would be considerd a meal :( I understand that CV247 is only half the treatment, and that it doesn't do much if the proper diet isn't followed. But how on earth do you tell a sick dog this? :(

He's kept it inside though, I suppose that that is one good thing - he's not spewed up liver cake as of yet ...

Sorry if I'm a bit down, what with all the fantastic support you're all giving me. I just want Mal to get "better" and enjoy life once more ...

Don't get too down about it Billy :GroupHug: The diet is a very important part of the treatment but a friend who used to travel down to John Carter's surgery with me all those years ago had a great problem with her dog sticking to the diet

The strange thing is that her dog had lung cancer and was given 4-6 months to live by her own vet but she actually lived for another 3 years and died at the age of 13 so she responded remarkably well :)

Just a thought, how about cooking the veg in with the liver cake so that it's a sort of veg liver cake. I know it's not ideal as the diet goes but at least he will be taking some vegetable matter in.

Edited by Houndwoman

Just a thought, how about cooking the veg in with the liver cake so that it's a sort of veg liver cake. I know it's not ideal as the diet goes but at least he will be taking some vegetable matter in.

Just turned out another liver cake - I'm getting used to it now as it seems :sick01: Thanks for the tip, Houndwoman, the next one will definitely have veg in it - I guess you're right that it's better for Mal to have baked veg than no veg at all.

It's just that it does say in Beverley Cuddy's article that CV247 isn't nearly as powerful if the correct diet isn't being followed - which is a teensy bit frustrating if your soul mate just point blankly refuses to eat what could very possibly give him a new lease of life! Oh well, that's dogs for you eh? :rolleyes:

Thanks for letting me moan, I will stay all upbeat and positive as much as possible for HRH Mr Malcolm :)

Billy just do Mal's best shot version of the diet. Barney went through a phase where he just would not take his tabs for a while unless they were wrapped in a bit of corned beef - nothing else would do and he got mega stressed if I tried to give him his tablets any other way, so I found the lowest fat corned beef going. Don't worry if you can't follow the diet to the letter :GroupHug:

You don't think there is a possibility his sense of smell isn't so good and that's why he's not eating a lot of foods? Just a thought.

Hoping he can stick to the diet and continuing to send good thoughts. :GroupHug:

There is that, as he has developed rhinnitis as a result of the radiotherapy. Iy seems like they can't do anything about that tho ... :(

Anyone know of any good remedies for dogs with a stuffed up nose?

Marian - up till last night it was liver cake which was the only thing that he would accept quite happily - but I don't think he was impressed with the last one I made :wacko:

Still sending lots of good thoughts for you and the lovely Mal. It's very wearing trying to get them to eat and doubly hard when a special diet is required. You're doing a great job Billy and it's only natural to get downhearted when Mal doesn't want what you give him. :flowers: :GroupHug: