UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mal Not Well

BillyMalc

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're giving him a sedative at home and have him fall asleep before taking him to the vet at 2.50 :mecry:

And that is the most caring thing you can do for your boy, now that he's tired. He's known nothing but love and respect from you all along, and he'll leave with that same sense. :wub:

I'll be thinking about you both. :GroupHug:

:mecry: :mecry: I am sat at work in tears as my heart is breaking for you. Mal knows that you love him and maybe he has held on a little longer for you to come to terms with him leaving. I think you Mal is telling you the day is now. But as someone very wise said previously, better a day to early than a day too late. I am thinking of you today. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

So sorry, Billy.

I have quietly walked this last road with you as I lost one my retrievers the same way.

All Mal's symptoms were hers, and she also told me that she had had enough, she was tired and it was time to go.

Wishing Mal a peaceful passing and :GroupHug: to you.

May I Go Now?

May I Go? May I go now?

Do you think the time is right?

May I say good-bye to pain-filled days

and endless lonely nights?

I’ve lived my life and done my best,

an example tried to be.

So can I take that step beyond

and set my spirit free?

I didn’t want to go at first,

I fought with all my might.

But something seems to draw me now

to a warm and loving light.

I want to go. I really do.

It’s difficult to stay.

But I will try as best I can

to live just one more day,

To give you time to care for me

and share your love and fears.

I know you’re sad and so afraid,

because I see your tears.

I’ll not be far, I promise that,

and hope you’ll always know

that my spirit will be close to you,

wherever you may go.

Thank you so for loving me.

You know I love you too.

That’s why it’s hard to say good-bye

and end this life with you.

So hold me now, just one more time

and let me hear you say,

because you care so much for me,

you’ll let me go today.

— Susan A. Jackson

Billy thinking of you both. :GroupHug:

Where To Bury A Dog

There are various places within which a dog may be buried. We are thinking now of a setter, whose coat was flame in the sunshine, and who, so far as we are aware, never entertained a mean or an unworthy thought. This setter is buried beneath a cherry tree, under four feet of garden loam, and at its proper season the cherry strews petals on the green lawn of his grave. Beneath a cherry tree, or an apple, or any flowering shrub of the garden, is an excellent place to bury a good dog. Beneath such trees, such shrubs, he slept in the drowsy summer, or gnawed at a flavorous bone, or lifted head to challenge some strange intruder. These are good places, in life or in death. Yet it is a small matter, and it touches sentiment more than anything else.

For if the dog be well remembered, if sometimes he leaps through your dreams actual as in life, eyes kindling, questing, asking, laughing, begging, it matters not at all where that dog sleeps at long and at last. On a hill where the wind is unrebuked and the trees are roaring, or beside a stream he knew in puppyhood, or somewhere in the flatness of a pasture land, where most exhilarating cattle graze. It is all one to the dog, and all one to you, and nothing is gained, and nothing lost -- if memory lives. But there is one best place to bury a dog. One place that is best of all.

If you bury him in this spot, the secret of which you must already have, he will come to you when you call -- come to you over the grim, dim frontiers of death, and down the well-remembered path, and to your side again. And though you call a dozen living dogs to heel they should not growl at him, nor resent his coming, for he is yours and he belongs there.

People may scoff at you, who see no lightest blade of grass bent by his footfall, who hear no whimper pitched too fine for mere audition, people who may never really have had a dog. Smile at them then, for you shall know something that is hidden from them, and which is well worth the knowing.

The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master.

by Ben Hur Lampman