UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mal Not Well

BillyMalc

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that great yesterday or this morning. :( Mal ate very little yesterday and at night spewed his whole dinner back up undigested. As a treat he slept pretty much the whole night, so I've had almost 8 (!!!) hours sleep - not had that in aaages!

But he just wanted to go out and threw up a load of bile :sick01: I'll see if he wants his breakfast and keeps it down in a bit, if the answer to either one is 'no' then I'll be ringing the vet's I'm afraid - just to see what they can do for him you understand!

Billy I wonder if it would be better for him to have very small meals every two hours or so ?, I realise it's pretty intensive micro-managing, but might be possible while your on holiday :unsure: ........just a thought :)

Continuing good thoughts for you both :GroupHug:

Billy I wonder if it would be better for him to have very small meals every two hours or so ?, I realise it's pretty intensive micro-managing, but might be possible while your on holiday :unsure: ........just a thought :)

Continuing good thoughts for you both :GroupHug:

Well, the breakfast was untouched when we got back, but I've come to the conclusion that Mal now doesn't want cottage cheese anymore :rolleyes: I gave him a tiny bit of duck, and he was very interested in that. I'll wait first to see if he's gonna keep it down him, and then give him a bit more later - even though he looked longingly at the bowl he just emptied. Half yorkie-sized meals definitely seem the way forward. For the last few days he's had brekkie, lunch, after work snack, dinner and before bed snack. Not entirely every 2 hours, but coming reasonably close :flowers:

Seeing as he had drunk out of pretty much every single puddle on our early morning walk, the poor lad hadn't been able to hold it in while we were away, but being the gentleman that he is, had pee'd on the waterproof dog bed, for easy cleaning :rolleyes: :wub: :wub:

More Reiki...... Little and often is probably best, but do remember that sometimes they simply need to use their energy for healing and not processing food so if he doesn't want to eat for a few days, don't panic - they can go weeks without food as long as they drink. Worth trying a little honey touched on his lip if he stops eating for long, it's a complete food and can just kickstart them again - I did that with Cassie when she'd refused food for a few days, she wasn't impressed, but of course had to lick it off and then demanded a quarter jar! I believe that helped give us up to an extra week together.

More Reiki...... Little and often is probably best, but do remember that sometimes they simply need to use their energy for healing and not processing food so if he doesn't want to eat for a few days, don't panic - they can go weeks without food as long as they drink. Worth trying a little honey touched on his lip if he stops eating for long, it's a complete food and can just kickstart them again - I did that with Cassie when she'd refused food for a few days, she wasn't impressed, but of course had to lick it off and then demanded a quarter jar! I believe that helped give us up to an extra week together.

Oooohhh, you just reminded me of the load of manuka honey that I still have and he didn't want anymore! :flowers:

The trauma continues for the vegan heathen .... upon advice of our vet I have just made liver cake :sick01: :sick01: :sick01: (Incense sticks are definitely the way forward as air fresheners!). Kiera was like "WTF!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :sick01:" when I presented her with a bit, but both Sparky, and most importantly, Mal, scoffed a bit :)

I understand what you are saying about not eating for a few days, Muriel, but Mal is SO weak on his legs that I don't think that he can afford not to eat :(

Oh, also, book has just arrived in the post - thanks Wendybert! :flowers: :flowers: